Ladies before your visit with the OBGYN....

Options

Replies

• llonka
    llonka Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't shave. I get really bad razor burn when I shave, and after a couple days when the hair starts growing back, it gets horribly horribly itchy.

I do hide my bra and panties between my shirt and pants though. :P

haha this is how i am. i might trim, but that's it.

have to hide the bra and panties though. :laugh: i thought i was the only one that did that!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I make sure I'm shaved, clean, and that my feet are clean and I don't wear shoes that will make them stink.

OH! And yes! I hide my bra and panties too lol

This!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I don't even get dolled up for the bf anymore...

The gyno is another story, only see him once a year, gotta get all decked out! Wax, shave and don my cutest socks. Early am appts only and no food before because I'd have to die via speculum if I ever farted in that situation... you can never be too careful with a fart!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    haha I do both. funny. Also with both my kids I made my husband wait while I was in labor so I could go shave my legs and what not before going to the hospital. :laugh: He thought I was crazy.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Does anyone still have an old school doctor that insists on sticking a thumb up the *kitten* and finger in the vagina??

Those were really the good ol' days...

ummm nooo!? You sure he wasn't giving you an "Extra"? What the hell!?
  • tonks1314
    Options
    I'm actually going for the first time tomorrow, and I will definitely be bush whacking everything! And when my clothes go off, the undies get hidden :P
  • MeliNichole84
    MeliNichole84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bahahaha. im so glad im not the only one who does that. i always shave. but make sure its extra taken care of. and hide my bra and panties in between my top and pants lol
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    I don't even get dolled up for the bf anymore...

The gyno is another story, only see him once a year, gotta get all decked out! Wax, shave and don my cutest socks. Early am appts only and no food before because I'd have to die via speculum if I ever farted in that situation... you can never be too careful with a fart!

It's happened to me before and it will definately happen again-don't worry too much about it...we have dealt with MUCH worse lol
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    So in the USA you go once a year? In the UK we are like every 3 years. And yes, I hide my undies in my shoe!

If it's normal, it's every 3 years. If it's not, then it depends on your provider to make that call.
    I decided about 35 yrs ago that men have no business in this specific field of medicine. In a better, smarter world only women doctors would enter gynecology as a specialty, because I think it empowers women to speak to other women about these things... why the h*** do male doctors want to be doing pap smears and delivering babies?

This kind of attitude is ridiculous. It's the same logic that says that women have no place in traditionally male fields...."what business do women have being in the military (or police, or fire)." So much for a gender-neutral society.

My regular doctor's male. He's never made me feel uncomfortable, and I'm sure he takes pride in delivering babies. I've dealt with a female ob-gyn before and found her to be less personable, but that's one experience.

Yes, these stereotypes are really harmful. If you don't want a male OBGYN, fine, but don't say that men should not be allowed in the field. Would you say that female doctors shouldn't deal with men's health issues like prostatitis, etc. or that men shouldn't become nurses? It's ignorant. I'm sorry to be rude but that's the truth.
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    I find it funny how we all make sure we're clean shaven and "presentable" when our hooha is out there on display and then to have to hide our bra and panties so the doc doesn't see our undies!!! Too funny. I thought I was the only one that did this.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Um, I keep everything shaved all the time, so there's really no need for any special "prep" before a doctor's visit.

ETA - yes, I also hide my bra in my clothes when I have to change into the gown, but I don't usually wear panties, so there is nothing to hide.

same here but sometimes when hubby is deployed i go a couple days so then i need to make sure when i go to the obgyn that i prep but usually done the same lmao it is funny we hid the undies and bra like we all do lol
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    u r not alone - i do exactly the same things. lol
  • Freida_MS
    Freida_MS Posts: 100
    Options
    I make sure I'm shaved, clean, and that my feet are clean and I don't wear shoes that will make them stink.

OH! And yes! I hide my bra and panties too lol

This!

yep........this too.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I decided about 35 yrs ago that men have no business in this specific field of medicine. In a better, smarter world only women doctors would enter gynecology as a specialty, because I think it empowers women to speak to other women about these things... why the h*** do male doctors want to be doing pap smears and delivering babies?

My OBGYN is a lesbian. So.... What now??

I'm not sure which of my intolerance boxes to put this situation into...
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    So in the USA you go once a year? In the UK we are like every 3 years. And yes, I hide my undies in my shoe!

If it's normal, it's every 3 years. If it's not, then it depends on your provider to make that call.

Not cool :( I've always been normal but they make me come every year. Won't refill my bc without the anual visit!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I do tidy up for my annual. It's silly because he received my kids, so it's not like it was presentable then. He just has me undress my bottom and unsnap the bra, plus there is a little drawer for my clothes, so I don't have to hide the undies.
  • doinitforme2012
    doinitforme2012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i usually keep it shaved up but i always make sure i take a bath and shave before i go so its clean and i too hide my bra and undies in my clothes.

that brings up another question tho, male or female dr?
    I have had both and i prefer male, they're gentle-er.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    And people... let's get a real. An accident can happen at ANY time!! You must always keep your bits vajazzled, trimmed, shaved, eat-off-of-clean, etc.

Nothing more embarrassing than the Paramedic catching you with daddy long legs hanging out of your panties.
  • doinitforme2012
    doinitforme2012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue:

I agree. it just feels cleaner when there is no hair.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    And people... let's get a real. An accident can happen at ANY time!! You must always keep your bits vajazzled, trimmed, shaved, eat-off-of-clean, etc.

Nothing more embarrassing than the Paramedic catching you with daddy long legs hanging out of your panties.

If i need the paramedics daddy long legs is the last thing I am worried about. Just saying..:indifferent: