married men

Options

Replies

• DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This is just a little something to think about for all you that think men and women can just be friends. Granted there are situations where it's possible, but for the most part this video tell the overwhelming truth

http://youtu.be/T_lh5fR4DMA
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This is just a little something to think about for all you that think men and women can just be friends. Granted there are situations where it's possible, but for the most part this video tell the overwhelming truth

http://youtu.be/T_lh5fR4DMA

That was entertaining
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Seriously! What is it with married men on this site hitting on the girls here!? Anyone else experience some perverted men on here?

That's totally inappropriate. What ever happened to the sancitity of marriage? Want to get together, have a cocktail, and discuss this at length?

You forgot to turn on your sarcasm font. LOL!
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feeling all unappreciated that no married men (or women!!) have attempted to hit on me. Darn.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yes. Because we all know it's only men that do this. :huh:

LOL. well I haven't had any experience with married woman hitting on me YET! but im sure woman can be like that too. But REALLY does a guy get offended if a married woman hits on him?! not likely

:huh: So it's creepy when the men do it, but it's ok when the ladies do?
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Yes. Because we all know it's only men that do this. :huh:

LOL. well I haven't had any experience with married woman hitting on me YET! but im sure woman can be like that too. But REALLY does a guy get offended if a married woman hits on him?! not likely

Most women I know don't get offended when married men hit on them, unless the married guy is fat, old, ugly, or a combo of the three (the old "its flattering if hes hot, creepy if hes not"). However, some women I know pretend to get offended, while declaring loudly that married men are hitting on them so that everyone knows married men are hitting on them as a form of validation that they are hot and being hit on, whereas men who have married women hit on them typically don't say anything and no one knows about it, because no one really cares.

Yes MFP is a quasi-dating site in disguise of being a fitness site. Yes that means people of both genders who are married or already in relationships are going to be trolling around because they are trash. If you find such people and it truly offends you, delete them from your contact list, don't respond back to them, and carry on.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've been hit on. Either that or I'm too dense to realize it.

Just about every male that has sent me a friend request or a message started out with telling me how long they have been married and how many kids they have.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Food for thought. Nothing wrong with a little flirting around, married or not as long as everyone is on the same page, knowing that is what it is. I personally have only had 2 bad experiences with guys on this site and the site administrators bumped them before I could even report them. So, just think a bit. Is it just in fun (we do have a fun and games section), are you being prudish, or is it a creep (male or female). If the later, don't respond.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I hear about that stuff from my female friends. So inappropriate. Get out of the damn relationship if you're unhappy you turd head.

^^^^^ This!
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Food for thought. Nothing wrong with a little flirting around, married or not as long as everyone is on the same page, knowing that is what it is. I personally have only had 2 bad experiences with guys on this site and the site administrators bumped them before I could even report them. So, just think a bit. Is it just in fun (we do have a fun and games section), are you being prudish, or is it a creep (male or female). If the later, don't respond.

I guess I was a bit naive and taken aback really....I never really thought of this site as a quasi dating site. Now I know! Any SINGLE men out there? :)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I base my conclusion that this is a quasi-dating site off of my feed and the number of forum threads revolving around dating and finding a mate as well as several of the contacts in my contact group have hooked up with each other, some from across many states.

Is what it is. There are bunches of single men.

Good luck.
  • BarryB1984
    Options

I guess I was a bit naive and taken aback really....I never really thought of this site as a quasi dating site. Now I know! Any SINGLE men out there? :)

Meeee! But I am also over 5000 miles away and don't use this for dating! Happy to be friends though, lol.
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that problem- maybe I'm nobody's type! :ohwell:
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    I think this goes both ways.. men and woman.. Not me of course.. I am a good girl.. faithful.. :devil: I never do or say anything that would cross the line. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i haven't had this happen here, but it did happen to me with old male friends ( via Facebook) once i was single again. i don't know how many times i told one particular friend i was going to contact his wife if he didn't knock it off.

here, i would just ignore them!!!! ( since i don't know how to get in touch with their wife)

Do you mean out and out hitting on you, or just being flirty/friendly?

Flirty and friendly is fine...but when they start putting out feelers with sexual suggestions that's where I draw the line.
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    People should be so focused on their goal, they other shouldn't come into play, they have Facebook, Twitter, and match.com for all that other stuff...
    Totally agree!

Agreed × 2. One of my favorite friends on my friends list is a married man AND he's not a creeper. He rocks with his advice and encouragement.

Aww thanks Kindra :)

Just kidding but seriously people, please do not tar us all with the same brush.

The whole MFP is made hugely more enjoyable by being able to interact with people of all walks of life with a common goal. I am in a long term relationship having previously been married for 18 years, am very happy with my life and am annoyed that idiots ruin things for the rest of us.

HEY! how did you know I was talking about you? I was gonna put a RRRAAAAARR after that statement :)

Aww thank you.. I didn't actually.
    Back atcha :)
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm still laughing about turdhead........
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    It's called MyFitnessPal, not My****Buddy.

That's all I've got to say on the matter.
  • trekkietaz
    Options
    i am married and i don't hit on single ladies i am just looking for friends to share my goals and sucesses with add me if you want to:smile:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Just because it a health and nutrition site, doesn't mean I can't meet people.

If I go to a beach clean up, and there's a girl that grabs my attention, I'm not going to ignore her and keep working, I'm going to go talk to her. Anywhere men and women mix, there is bound to be people getting together. And that's ok.