A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Good Morning:happy:
    Well it wasn't a fabulous weekend as far as the eating went. Saturday & Sunday were bad! Sunday was a BBQ at my bosses house with NO good choices to make....Saturday...I have no idea what happened to me on Saturday! However, good news is I got on that Elliptical each night no matter how full, bloated or tired I was. So at least I got my workouts in:tongue:
    This morning I was weighing in with a no gain/no loss but we'll see tomorrow and Wednesday...that'll be the real test :blushing:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Silver - I was thinking about you, but didn't type it - I think my mind is on vacation too! Good job for getting your workout in. It sounds like you did pretty good this weekend too, I'm very happy for you~:happy:

Kathy - I hear ya girl. We must be drinking the same water...lol - I got my workouts in, but I totally sucked with my food choices. So bad that I didn't even log yesterday and I have no intention of trying to. All I can say is we are both human, and we are going to give in at times. We all are. I don't have any regrets (I'm not allowing myself to). Why regret it. It's done, it happened, move on. I do know that on Saturday we have another birthday party and I plan on eating a salad for lunch and drinking a protein shake on the way to try and steer away the compulsive eating. I have very little will power and I know that (especially with food). I do know that I don't want to slip as bad as I did yesterday, but I also know that I was so busy getting ready (and I didn't sneak in any healthy snacks) that be the time everyone was eating my sugar dropped and I was shaky and just needed to eat.

I'm not even sure if we're going to get in our 2 workouts today. I got a bad headache after lunch and I'm just not sure if I'm up to it. We are going to go for a walk to pick Elizabeth up from school (it's only up the street, but it's still a walk) and hopefully my headache will go away. I PROMISE to get in my RIU DVD in, even if it's not a great workout. And had a mini-workout with hubby, so if we count that I'll have 2...lol

We'll just have to see. I think we are both (Josh and I) struggling today after eating so crappy yesterday. It's amazing to see just one day of my old way of eating can make me feel so crappy - no wonder I never felt great before. I'm planning on getting up at 5:30 or 6 to workout tomorrow, I'll jump in the shower and then get Elizabeth up and to her before/after school program. Even though we are home we want her to adjust to what her normal routine will be! (and mommy needs to adjust too!) :grumble:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I missed my work out on Saturday, so I'm nervous about Wednesday's weigh in. I"m not to sure if I get the 2 lb loss I'm aiming for this week!

Next weekend I think I"ll take my exercise DVD to my friend's house with me and work out before they get up.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join in? It'll help me to get some more weight loss buddies. :)

Name: Stephanie

A little bit about me: I am a 21 year old female who graduated from college in May (I have my BA in Psychology). I am applying to graduate schools this fall for Applied Experimental and Engineering Psychology Masters programs (my fav is RIT). Right now I am living with my Aunt and Grandmother, helping them out with their house and visiting my Alzheimer's grandfather. I had my horse moved up here, who I adopted from a horse rescue. My mom is helping me with him for now, since due to the economy I haven't been able to gain a job yet after 50+ applications. :[

Current Weight: 193 lbs (I lost 2 pounds, then gained it back - I think from muscle mass because I have lost 5 inches around my waist)

Starting Weight: 192 lbs

Goal: 140 lbs

Program: (if you have one) Don't really have one, I try to work out 6 times a week to burn 500 - 600 calories per day.

Short Term Goal and Reward: I would like to start dropping weight, perhaps 5 lbs by the end of September? I have been on an exercise plan since mid-June and I haven't any lost weight, but had lost some inches. I am hoping that the pounds will start melting off to keep me motivated.. As a reward, I will spend some extra time with my horse, because right now I need to watch my money due to being burned by the economy.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Welcome Stephanie :happy:

Lisa- I logged my food yesterday and after working out it wasn't too bad (but still bad) but on Saturday I logged nothing :(
    Your right this is a new week and no regrets....had a fun weekend so now I just need to jump back into it with both feet :)
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Welcome Stephanie! This is a great group of supportive women. You'll love it here!

Silver - that's a great idea, take your DVD with you and fit a workout in at your friends....or if you can't - at least get in a walk. This Wednesday is going to be our first weigh in and I'm pretty sure that none of us are looking forward to it. It's a starting point and the beginning of many, MANY, many more weigh in's to come!

Kathy - let's not look back, only forward. I have logged everything I've eaten today (and the next 6 days will pretty much be the same) pop over and check it out if you want to see how I'm eating for my 6 day slim down. I'll let you guys know either Saturday or Sunday how much I end up losing following this diet.

Okay - we're off to get Elizabeth from her first day at school. I'll check in a little bit later.
  • velvetkist
    Options
    Welcome to the new members who joined our support group! Lisa, girl, I know what you mean about the days when we don't stick to our daily calorie total! I have had some days where I was so disappointed that I was like "what's the point in logging?" Ugh! For me, I have found that when I do try to log those calories in I am compelled to do better the next day. But adversely, if I don't exercise control it leads to me just giving up and continue binging for the day. My usual weigh in day is Monday, and since we're going to weigh on Wednesday for the group, I've decided to just weigh both days. I've only lost one pound since last Monday, but hey, I'll take it! LOL

So far today I've done my 3 miles, a 45 minute step-aerobic workout, crunches on the exercise ball (for balance training) and I have left on my list for today 1 hr on the elliptcial and about an hour or so of lower body weight training. My calorie intake so far (breakfast & lunch) was 659 and my total calories burned so far has been 937 calories. I fought the urge to splurge last night! (yay me!) and if all goes well today I should come in at 100-200 calories below my daily net goal. Only got 1/4 of the water in...I need to get on the ball with that! LOL

Keep plugging away today ladies! (and gents)

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Name: Angela
    A little bit about me: I'm 38. I've been married to my husband for almost 11 years. I have 2 kids, daughter 12 and son 7. I commute 1 hr each way to work every day with my husband and sit all day long at work... ugh!
    Current Weight: 173
    Starting Weight: 173
    Goal: 150
    Program: I'm not on a particular program, per se... I have a gym by the office that I try to go to but it's hard to get there. When I go, I like to take this spinning class and I jog on the treadmil and Oh, I use the rowing machine!
    Short Term Goal and Reward: There is a 1/2 marathon on October 4th, the day after my 11th anniversary that I would love to do.
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    I'm kind of excited about the yoga DVD I wanna buy. I'm hoping I have enough money to pick it up on Friday.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome. :) I will be heading to the gym tonight with my aunt and hopefully will burn 500 - 600 calories, like normal.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I hope not, boy do I need some motivation!

Name: Kat

A little bit about me: Let's see, I'm 49 years old, hoping to hit my goal by my 50th!!! I live with my fabulous husband of 3 years and our 4 rescue dogs, 2 labs and 2 ex-racing greyhounds. I live in Northern CAlifornia and feel blessed that my husband and I both have our jobs at full time pay! So many I know are unemployed. I have two adult children that are on their own.

Current Weight: 162
    Starting Weight: 176
    Program: (if you have one): Pilates, Yoga, Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme, Biggest Losers DVD's as well, depends on my mood! (which lately is work out? nahhhhhhhhhhh)

Short Term Goal and Reward: I really think that this is an important way to keep yourself motivated and on the right track. DO NOT REWARD YOURSELF WITH FOOD! I have a fabulous 6/8 size wardrobe that I will be able to wear again when I get to my goal, that is a FABULOUS reward!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I hope not, boy do I need some motivation!

Name: Kat

A little bit about me: Let's see, I'm 49 years old, hoping to hit my goal by my 50th!!! I live with my fabulous husband of 3 years and our 4 rescue dogs, 2 labs and 2 ex-racing greyhounds. I live in Northern CAlifornia and feel blessed that my husband and I both have our jobs at full time pay! So many I know are unemployed. I have two adult children that are on their own.

Current Weight: 162
    Starting Weight: 176
    Program: (if you have one): Pilates, Yoga, Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme, Biggest Losers DVD's as well, depends on my mood! (which lately is work out? nahhhhhhhhhhh)

Short Term Goal and Reward: I really think that this is an important way to keep yourself motivated and on the right track. DO NOT REWARD YOURSELF WITH FOOD! I have a fabulous 6/8 size wardrobe that I will be able to wear again when I get to my goal, that is a FABULOUS reward!
    Welcome Kat. I have some friends who call me Kat and lived in Northern CA for my first 24 years :)
    Awesome goal of a wardrobe waiting for you! You can do it and we are hear to support you! HAve a great day!
  • aabbccdd
    aabbccdd Posts: 14
    Options
    Megan38,
    How do you fit in 3 workouts each day and why? Just wondering.

I am a single stay home mommy so it not that hard for me to workout ..... i enjoy working out...i do 1 hour cardio video then use a 30 minute cardio video and use my "total gym" for strength training .....i do this throughout the day ... not all at once .....
    [/quote]

Wow, good for you! I've done well this summer with exercising consistently but I head back to school this Wed. and I'm a bit fearful that I won't make and take the time for myself to exercise. Maybe I'll try, like you do, to split up my workouts: once before work and once after. Thanks!
    Phoebe
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers ...... you will love this site ... and this group is alot of fun too .. ENJOY:happy:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    your welcome Phoebe and good luck hun :wink:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Welcome Angela and Kat! Jump right on in with the conversation. You will love this group and you will find that the ladies are all very supportive!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Hello LisaC ...... hope you are doing well ..... UGHHHHH i lasted on my "total gym" for an hour today .... thats the most i have done since i started this program this month
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    I didn't pull through today. I tried, but I think between doing horrible with my eating this weekend and then changing my diet so drastically today - I just couldn't do it. I've been shaky all day and I had a killer headache for a few hours today. I did great with my eating, so that's a bonus! I may workout later tonight still, I'm not sure. I may just need the day to adjust. :ohwell: :frown:
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    Name: TAMMY
    A little bit about me: I am 8yrs post op gastric bypass....regained 40 of the 100 lost
    Current Weight: 172
    Starting Weight: 233
    Goal: 140
    Program: (if you have one) GASTRIC BYPASS (2008) OH (OBESITY HELP), GYM MEMBERSHIP, HOME GYM EQUIP(HANG CLOTHES ON THIS)
    Short Term Goal: To fit into my clothes, be healthy, begin a running program, to not be a weight loss surgery failure, to get my personal trainer certification.

Hope to make some new friends for support and motivation.

This is a life long journey.

I am not cured of obesity I am a survivor!!
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    So, I got some crappy news today. I got an IUD 3 weeks ago. And I"m supposed to check for the strings. I did today AFTER I had "relations" And I realized that my strings are only sticking out 1/4 of inch compared to the INCH that it had before. So I had to make a last minute appointment to see my OB to get it taken care of, I'm hoping it doesn't migrate more before tomorrow morning. If it migrates the whole way then I'll have to have surgery to get it removed. And then go through the pain of having it put in AGAIN! It was EXCRUCIATING!