I hate water

Options

Replies

• FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I also hate water - but recently I was introduced to something called Kangen water. It's tap water that is run thru a fairly spendy machine and it's really really healthy, better than tap or bottled. I think it's much easier to drink and the physical benefits are great! Look it up and see if you can find a rep. in your area. I had to go to a free informational class, but I get the water for free twice a week from them. Not sure how easy it is to find though.

Can you point us to the peer reviewed scientific proof that this very expensive water is any better for us than any other water? I've looked it up, and while I find reps, I DON'T find any actual, peer reviewed research.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I prefer bottled water. I like Poland Spring. The tap water I grew up with doesn't smell or taste the same as it used to.

I hate mineral water. It has an oily feel.
  • Stixx28
    Stixx28 Posts: 55
    Options
    Bump
  • FitLink
    Options
    Trying adding a squeeze of lemon or lime to your water. It livens up the taste. Drinking sparkling or cabonated drinks does not rehydrate your body as they act as a diutetic - you lose more fluid than you take in.

Since this has been debunked numerous times in this thread alone and with sources as renowned as the Mayo Clinic, why bring it up again? It is flat out false.

"...all fluids count toward the daily total."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
  • FitLink
    Options
    I prefer bottled water. I like Poland Spring. The tap water I grew up with doesn't smell or taste the same as it used to.

I hate mineral water. It has an oily feel.

I prefer Fiji, but it costs an arm and a leg.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Care to provide sources, or you just figure your word is enough? Because many people have provided many, many credentialed, peer reviewed sources on this thread proving this is absolutely true.

Not really, I'm not wasting my time trying to get in the whole "what's right/what's wrong" with you or anyone who even think that beer or plain soda are good sources of hydration :laugh: believe whatever you want to believe, and if you really disagree with me, that's perfectly fine. Not that it affects me anyway :bigsmile:
  • rader1
    rader1 Posts: 13
    Options
    I add fresh lemon to my water to give it a little flavor without too many added calories
  • FitLink
    Options
    Care to provide sources, or you just figure your word is enough? Because many people have provided many, many credentialed, peer reviewed sources on this thread proving this is absolutely true.

Not really, I'm not wasting my time trying to get in the whole "what's right/what's wrong" with you or anyone who even think that beer or plain soda are good sources of hydration :laugh: believe whatever you want to believe, and if you really disagree with me, that's perfectly fine. Not that it affects me anyway :bigsmile:

SO IOW you're posting but you really have no concern at all if what you say is true?
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I was a former non-water drinker until I tried MIO and have been hooked ever since. I am going on week 14 without soda and coffeee.

MiO is goooooooood:drinker:
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone, let's settle this once and for all. Drink ANY fluid you like for the next three days EXCEPT plain water, and then come back and tell us whether or not you were admitted to the hospital for dehydration.
  • okiegal82
    okiegal82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I appreciate this topic. I don't hate water but not a great fan. I HAVE to have a soda to start the morning. But I'm looking for other things to replace that. I'm def trying the MIO...i've heard great things about it. Thanks!
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

SO IOW you're posting but you really have no concern at all if what you say is true?

Oh, I know what I'm saying is true, I don't need scientific proof that beer or sodas are not hydration sources. Just because they're liquid, doesn't mean they are. Now, that you want me to prove to you I'm right, that's a different story and that's not what I'll do. If you're so interested to know more about the topic, you should either go to a library, go to school and study something about the topic or whatever else you want to do. MFP is the place where "my sources are valid, yours are not", therefore I'm not going to get into proving anything to anyone.
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    Okay everyone, let's settle this once and for all. Drink ANY fluid you like for the next three days EXCEPT plain water, and then come back and tell us whether or not you were admitted to the hospital for dehydration.

I spent the last month + without drinking plain water, & as far as I can tell I haven't been admitted to the hospital

Although, mind you, this might be a dehydration-fueled hallucination...
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

Oh, I know what I'm saying is true, I don't need scientific proof that beer or sodas are not hydration sources. Just because they're liquid, doesn't mean they are. Now, that you want me to prove to you I'm right, that's a different story and that's not what I'll do. If you're so interested to know more about the topic, you should either go to a library, go to school and study something about the topic or whatever else you want to do. MFP is the place where "my sources are valid, yours are not", therefore I'm not going to get into proving anything to anyone.

Cool Story Bro
  • FitLink
    Options

Cool Story Bro

LOL :laugh:
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I add about 1/4 cup of diet cranberry/raspberry juice to my quart of water to add a bit of flavor. A half lemon squeezed into the water works well, also.
  • lorrie7e
    lorrie7e Posts: 3
    Options
    I love the Mio flavors that you add to water. It's a liquid concentrate you find with the powderer flavors. Without adding this I won't drink water. Also, add a bit of lemon or other citrius fruit.
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love MIO!!! It is an water enhancer! Zero calories!!!!
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    They now have energy Mio...
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything except strong liquor counts as water.

Ignore those who tell you otherwise.

If you want verification, don't take my word for it, check out any number of scientific journals / research studies, sorry for not providing the latest links, this is probably the thousandth time I've responded to this subject and I'm wearying of educating others.