Looking for Chicken Breast Ideas

Options

Replies

• hsnbro
    hsnbro Posts: 55
    Options
    500g chicken breasts cut into small chunks, cook/steam until done in cup of water
    meanwhile cook about 255g of your favorite pasta

add to the chicken your favorite seasoning, 500g frozen brocolli florets, 3 pcs of cooked bacon (cut into 1/2" pcs) and the cooked pasta

stir altogether, let sit a couple of minutes

add 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
    serve and enjoy!

I usually cook the bacon in the micrwave on papertowel to get rid of some of the grease before hand.
  • Leisa007
    Leisa007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have found 3 awesome recipes recently that my family absolutely loves! Two of the recipes came from the hungry girl website. Jalapeno Popper Chicken and Exploding Chicken Taquitos are both awesome! We also love Balsamic Glaze Chicken from 3fatchicks.com website.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bump
  • biogirl2011
    biogirl2011 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite chicken recipe thread...thanks everyone!!!
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Last night I soaked my chicken breast in milk for 15 min and then crushed cornflakes and put in a bag. I added the chicken and like shake and bake and cooked in the oven at 350 for 40 min. It came out really good. The recipe called for parmesan cheese in the cornflakes but I left that out. I also use different shake and bakes when I don't feel like cooking. I go to cooks.com to find recipes as well. We eat a lot of chicken breasts so I am always trying to find new and different recipes.

I make something similar, as they're a great alternative to the fried chicken nuggets my kids love, and my family actually request these now. The only difference is that my coating is made of crushed crackers and I do leave the parm. cheese in(reduced fat), plus garlic salt. They come out crispy and brown and my kids dip them in BBQ....yum! I don't even buy Shake n Bake anymore. I just use frozen breast tenderloins so I don't have to cut anything up. They work perfect for this type of recipe. Then I make my own oven fries by cutting up a few small potatoes, tossing them in EVOO & italian seasoning and baking them.

I also swear by my crock pot...I make a great lemon pepper chicken that really is only chicken, lemon pepper seasoning and 99% fat free, low sodium chicken broth. Add in some potatoes or steam some rice or noodles on the side and it's an easy, fairly healthy dinner.

But perhaps my favorite chicken dish is lemon pasta with chicken. OMG.....wonderful! I make them with a knock off, low calorie version of Red Lobster's Cheddar baked biscuits and I think I could possibly eat this every day. Not even kidding. I got the Lemon Pasta recipe from food.com. At the time, I was doing WW and had it figured at 5 points per serving, probably about 300 or so calories. The biscuits are from skinny taste (a WW recipe) and were calculated at 2 points, or 97 calories each. Really, you gotta try this meal.
  • shelbyl_23
    shelbyl_23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My family loves Salsa Chicken I make in the crockpot. So easy and yummy.

1 cup salsa
    1 can cream of chicken soup (I use the 98% fat free I think it is by Campbell's)
    1 pig taco seasoning

Mix it all together and pour over 4-5 chicken breasts. Cook on high about two hours then down on low for 3. I shred it and serve it over egg noodles or rice, also serve it with tortillas like tacos.

Its nice cause you can use mild, medium or hot salsa depending on what you like!!
    That sounds really good! I do something similar, also in the crockpot. 4-5 chicken breasts, 1 container salsa, 1 can drained black beans. Served over rice with avocado.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, red pepper, potatoes, and onion, covered with favorite seasonings + roasted! so yummy
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love chicken in eggrolls!

Ingredients: This isn't exact because you use more or less depending on how much you make.

Chicken breasts
    diced or chopped onion
    minced garlic
    cabbage (red or green)
    carrots
    bean sprouts
    water chesnuts
    broccoli (optional)
    Bell pepper (whatever kind you like)
    egg roll wrappers
    various Asian inspired seasonings

I ground up the chicken breast and cook them in ginger, garlic, onions, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, pepper and a bit of regular salt and whatever else you want in them ( I've made buffalo chicken egg roll once- they were awesome) Once the chicken is mostly cooked I had shredded cabbage and carrots, water chest nuts, sometimes broccoli, and some peppers that you like one that is slightly cooked down I had bean sprouts cook for a couple more minutes and turn it off and drain the juice from it. ( You're going to want to season the vegetables as well) You can start rolling the egg rolls immediately or wait for it to cool a little bit. Once you finish wrapping the egg rolls you can fry them or i like to bake them on a wire rack- sprayed with nonstick spray- at 400 F for 12- 15 minutes. You can also spray the egg rolls so they get nice and brown.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • sarahball386
    Options
    I use Shake n' Bake to make homemade chicken nuggets. They are WAY low maintenance.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lyndseykocher
    lyndseykocher Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • deniseamedina
    deniseamedina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitforlife34
    Options
    One of my favs is to stuff the chicken breast with goat cheese, spinach, red peppers and pesto! If you don't like goat cheese try light feta or for a healthier option leave out the cheese and add more veggies like zucchini and mushrooms!

Yum!!! and good way to get fresh veges in too
  • fitforlife34
    Options
    Usually mix up a concoction and bake them... last cooked:

Mixed: Cream of mushroom (low fat) condensed soup, 1/2 can skim added, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, 4 cloves minced garlic.... salt and pepper to taste, pour over chicken - bake for 30 mins 350 - easy. Served with broccoli usually or asparagus but you can serve w pasta, rice, or whatever veggies.

Sometimes I'll slice the breasts up and cook buffalo style to make wraps w veggies.

Sometimes slice up chicken and make a stir fry with noodles and Chinese veggies.

Yeah, I love cooking with cream of mushroom soup as well. My faovirte is hamburger meat with it, and on top of rice....some green beans... (of course I"d eat it with white rice), but now that I'm on my diet probably not so much.