Fit Men / Un-fit Women

Options

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for guys who are a little over weight or dorky even. Why? Cause there's a less of a chance they'll leave you for another chick. Idk something I heard on the Disney Channel.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Primarily a women's site??????

I think the OP meant there seems to be a higher percentage of women than men on the site. I have no proof that this is true, but I tend to think that is the case.

It does cut both ways, in my opinion. How many people are going to actively seek an unfit person as a potential partner?
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Wow, all the negativity and judgement. I expected as much. Not being a drama person, where is the close thread button? Seriously,, I have been well spoken and non-offensive yet people still feel the need to judge guilt. Instead of ruthlessness, why don't you guys try a little open conversation? I don't think I'm better than anyone else just noticing a trend with which I'm not entirely on board with. **Looking outside for a full moon**
  • htolen
    htolen Posts: 28
    Options
    Generalize much? First, "men" aren't doing everything they can to be fit and healthy. SOME men are. And SOME women are, too. And SOME women who are out of shape prefer men who are in shape. And SOME men who are in shape don't have a problem with women who haven't maintained a healthy lifestyle. And SOME women don't require that their men be physically perfect. And SOME men prefer only athletic females.

I agree that women who want healthy partners should also want to be healthy themselves. Men who keep themselves in shape would probably prefer women who share that interest. But not all people agree with me, and not all people think and feel the way I do, and thank goodness for that.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I used to lead a very sedentary lifestyle. I was pretty soft. I still am lol but I'm working on that. When I was single I got hit on by tons of athletic guys. But I never pursued them. That just wasn't my style. Maybe they liked my personality ? :laugh:
    Not all people need or want identical partners. There is this little saying "opposites attract".

And I get that you weren't trying to be offensive, So I'm not saying this out of defensiveness. but you must have known you would get flamed for that one right? Lol
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Honestly, i am attracted to all different body types. Abs and muscles are nice, bu i love teddy bears and slim guys as well. My husband's goal weight is the same as mine, only i have to lose 11 and he has to gain 25. I'm taller than him. We've been together 11 years and i couldn't be happier. I may be a tad jealous of how slim he is.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    this place doesn't feel like its primarily women. I have several male friends on here as well as see a lotttt of men being active on the forums.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever says "I'm looking for a couch potato...ya know, a real slummer!"

^^^^ LMAO! This right here!!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    <
    Attracted to NERDS! Sorry can't help u LOL
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    1. You can't unring the bell on the internet.

2. It definitely goes both ways, and in my opinion it leans toward the opposite of your observations.

3. All you are observing are physical characteristics. You have no idea how the unfit person got that way. Medical condition. Pregnancy.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Women are the gatekeepers. Nature states that only the fittest men get to procreate. This is true in our society as well. Women tend to have a very strict guideline on their own appearance and that carries over with what they consider acceptable for a mate moreso than men do. One only needs to take a walk at a public place to verify that.

For the most part when you see two people together, their body types tend to be similar if not identical. Fit men with fit women. Normal men with normal women. Fat men with fat women.

Sometimes you'll notice a fit person with a fat other. Nine times out of ten its a fit man with a fat woman. This could be because she had his babies and that happens when you have babies. However, it is very odd to see a fit woman with a fat man. In fact in my entire life i've seen it all of three times and all three times it turned a lot of heads.

However regardless... these instances are rare as again you typically see fit people together. Its rare period to see a fit person with someone who is not fit out in public, at least in my own experience
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    I think your statements could go both ways Fit Women/ Un-fit Men as well.

Yup works both ways. I have wondered this before myself really.

I knew I couldn't be the only one. Both ways, I agree with. So I'm average, 199lbs now but lead a very active lifestyle; strength, cardio, kayaking and survival camping, tactical combat simulation and more. I'm not looking for someone into the same things as I am but I work out several days a week and so should you. I need a little help learning to cook more efficiently so I would be looking for someone in that department. More or less, why aren't people interested in individuals that will provide a level of competitiveness in a relationship rather than someone, who by most accounts, is performing at a much higher, or lower, level?
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hmm I think this is a case of the Texas sharpshooter fallacy. It's not that un-fit women are more likely to be attracted to fit men, but that you personally might have noticed this more because you were not attracted to them/found it odd that they were attracted to you... does that make sense?

I agree with what everyone is saying, that it is natural to be attracted to people who are in shape, etc., and I don't think this is at all unique to or more likely with overweight women. If anything, women are usually held up to a much higher standard of attractiveness than men. You're more likely to see a lot of guys with girls "out of their league" than the other way around, because even today, in the eyes of a lot of people, a guy's worth depends on a much wider range of things than how he looks, whereas women have to spend more time dressing up/putting on makeup/etc on an everyday basis. I mean, I know we've come a long way, but in general there is much greater emphasis placed on how women look than there is for guys.

...Sorry for getting kind of offtopic :laugh: but I don't think the whole "fit men/un-fit women" thing is actually a trend so much as just something you've noticed because you're a fit guy? I'm sure a lot of fit women have had the same experience with un-fit guys.

This is a really good point. I doubt that someone being unfit makes them more attracted to fit people. I think everyone is attracted to fit people. Everyone has a different definition of "fit," but most of us are looking for it.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Women are the gatekeepers. Nature states that only the fittest men get to procreate. This is true in our society as well. Women tend to have a very strict guideline on their own appearance and that carries over with what they consider acceptable for a mate moreso than men do. One only needs to take a walk at a public place to verify that.

For the most part when you see two people together, their body types tend to be similar if not identical. Fit men with fit women. Normal men with normal women. Fat men with fat women.

Sometimes you'll notice a fit person with a fat other. Nine times out of ten its a fit man with a fat woman. This could be because she had his babies and that happens when you have babies. However, it is very odd to see a fit woman with a fat man. In fact in my entire life i've seen it all of three times and all three times it turned a lot of heads.

However regardless... these instances are rare as again you typically see fit people together. Its rare period to see a fit person with someone who is not fit out in public, at least in my own experience

Well said, although I have noticed the uneven pairing (in both gender arrangements) fairly often. But my experience doesn't qualify as a research study.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Seriously, who has room for two couches in their house? :noway:
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Seriously, who has room for two couches in their house? :noway:
    You haven't seen my friend's house :laugh:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I think your statements could go both ways Fit Women/ Un-fit Men as well.

Yup works both ways. I have wondered this before myself really.

I knew I couldn't be the only one. Both ways, I agree with. So I'm average, 199lbs now but lead a very active lifestyle; strength, cardio, kayaking and survival camping, tactical combat simulation and more. I'm not looking for someone into the same things as I am but I work out several days a week and so should you. I need a little help learning to cook more efficiently so I would be looking for someone in that department. More or less, why aren't people interested in individuals that will provide a level of competitiveness in a relationship rather than someone, who by most accounts, is performing at a much higher, or lower, level?

This is the way I see it through my eyes too. I am a nutrition major and an athlete at my university. My boyfriend is an athlete, and likes to learn what i tell him about heh. We both (when together) lift weights together and share routines/tips. Both italian, very similar interests, do the same activities. We like doing active things :]

But like someone else said, opposites attract. I have a cousin who is about 350 pounds married to a very very skinny guy. Not judging anyone, but just curious about thoughts since I am not attracted to my opposite.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i don't get women like this either. love is blind after all...

but then again, i know a bunch of fugly-*kitten* guys who think they can insult girls and treat them horribly because they are "ugly". sometimes i want to slap them in the face and say look in the mirror, ya prick!

humans are weird, hypocritical creatures.
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    To be honest, it was because of my boyfriend that I changed from a "gym when I feel like it" person to a "gym every day" person. This was when we were first meeting each other - and I would go to the gym much more often just so I could see him :tongue:

Now we are both gym regulars and fitness-orientated. Both of our physiques have changed, and as he's currently in a bulking phase, he's not quite as lean and defined as when we first met (but hey, I was overweight when we first met anyway).

Also, although he's never had a 6-pack, I actually prefer the *ever so slight* tummy he has currently. It balances out his arms, which are as big as my head. No joke.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Because the women you hang out with don't understand irony.