Insanity?

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Okay, confession time. My body is not responding to Insanity the way it does with P90X. I've only taken my waist measurement lately, and it has gone up 1/2" & my weight is up 1-2 pounds depending on the day. I just don't feel as shredded as I did prior to Insanity.

It's not that I don't love Insanity, because I totally do. I just think that my body responds better to weight training. I know I am stronger & my endurance has increased dramatically, but I can't wait to hit the weights again. I'm on day 52, so it's not like I have that much longer to go! My next rotation will definitely be a P90X/One-on-One/Insanity hybrid.

Thanks to Insanity, I'm pretty sure I will crush Chest & Back the next time I give it a go.

Oh, and I also realize that adding a pound or two isn't the worst thing that could happen to me. I am pretty thin! :tongue:

Hey girl!! You know what works for you! I'm more of a cardio girl, but I do miss the heavier weight training also. I've been adding in some P90X along the way though. :laugh: Insanity works for me because my body needs a higher intensity cardio since I am used to running. I still don't burn as many cals w/ Insanity as I do w/ a run, but the changes are telling me that my body needs it anyway! :wink:

Yeah, all of the pushups and full body work from Insanity will definitely help w/ Chest & Back!!

I think a One on One/ P90X/ P90X+/ Insanity hybrid would be fun. :drinker:

Thanks Jess! I think the hybrid will be fun too.

I mentioned on a BB Insanity thread that my calorie burns were gradually decreasing, and I think that it's because my body is getting more efficient with the workouts. Mark Briggs responded that when that happens, he thinks it's from muscle fatigue and that even though we *think* we are working hard, we're not actually bringing it as hard as we could if our muscles weren't so tired. What do you think about that?
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Okay, confession time. My body is not responding to Insanity the way it does with P90X. I've only taken my waist measurement lately, and it has gone up 1/2" & my weight is up 1-2 pounds depending on the day. I just don't feel as shredded as I did prior to Insanity.

It's not that I don't love Insanity, because I totally do. I just think that my body responds better to weight training. I know I am stronger & my endurance has increased dramatically, but I can't wait to hit the weights again. I'm on day 52, so it's not like I have that much longer to go! My next rotation will definitely be a P90X/One-on-One/Insanity hybrid.

Thanks to Insanity, I'm pretty sure I will crush Chest & Back the next time I give it a go.

Oh, and I also realize that adding a pound or two isn't the worst thing that could happen to me. I am pretty thin! :tongue:

Hey girl!! You know what works for you! I'm more of a cardio girl, but I do miss the heavier weight training also. I've been adding in some P90X along the way though. :laugh: Insanity works for me because my body needs a higher intensity cardio since I am used to running. I still don't burn as many cals w/ Insanity as I do w/ a run, but the changes are telling me that my body needs it anyway! :wink:

Yeah, all of the pushups and full body work from Insanity will definitely help w/ Chest & Back!!

I think a One on One/ P90X/ P90X+/ Insanity hybrid would be fun. :drinker:

I mentioned on a BB Insanity thread that my calorie burns were gradually decreasing, and I think that it's because my body is getting more efficient with the workouts. Mark Briggs responded that when that happens, he thinks it's from muscle fatigue and that even though we *think* we are working hard, we're not actually bringing it as hard as we could if our muscles weren't so tired. What do you think about that?

I'll chime in on this one Sandy. I agree with Mark. Look back over the last 50+ days at all of what you've done. Your body needs time to rest and heal. You only really burn less calories 2 ways, you drop weight and are doing the same intensity or your not bringing it as hard during the workout. I read an article about over training / burnout before I started Isanity and decided to just stick with the programs as designed. Even Shaun T cautioned about burn out and added that the only thing he might add to Insanity is Ab Ripper X. Give your body some rest before it makes you give it rest.
  • biblebanger
    Options
    Hey insanity diehards gotta ? for you. I am STRUGGLING to lose weight. I have been working out hardcore for over 2 years. I had lost about 7 pounds and then recently put on 8 for reasons I have yet to figure out. The real frustrating part was that I had been eating pretty clean 5x day. I do like my chocolate, but not enough to cause me to gain that much weight. I was hoping INSANITY would help me out, but I still seem to be stuck. I have tried eating 5 meals a day to rev my metabolism, but that seems to contribute to weight gain (even w clean food) Now I have reduced my calorie intake, eating when my body is hungry, and still not seeing any loss. No, my clothes are not fitting better either. At this point they are tight from the weight gain. I feel great as far as fitness goes, but am so tired of not seeing any loss. Any ideas?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Yes, I agree with that! I mean, who could diss Mark Briggs?? BTW, one of my coaches is having a group workout w/ Mark leading this Sunday!! :bigsmile:

I agree that our bodies are working so hard and after 60 days we will need a break from Insanity to come back even harder and stronger! I tend to forget that it's at *rest* that we are getting stronger!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey insanity diehards gotta ? for you. I am STRUGGLING to lose weight. I have been working out hardcore for over 2 years. I had lost about 7 pounds and then recently put on 8 for reasons I have yet to figure out. The real frustrating part was that I had been eating pretty clean 5x day. I do like my chocolate, but not enough to cause me to gain that much weight. I was hoping INSANITY would help me out, but I still seem to be stuck. I have tried eating 5 meals a day to rev my metabolism, but that seems to contribute to weight gain (even w clean food) Now I have reduced my calorie intake, eating when my body is hungry, and still not seeing any loss. No, my clothes are not fitting better either. At this point they are tight from the weight gain. I feel great as far as fitness goes, but am so tired of not seeing any loss. Any ideas?

Hmm... care to share some ideas of what you are eating? Are you drinking and diet sodas or artificial sweeteners?? I actually found that once I cut out artificial crap and really ate *clean*, I started losing. How many cals are you eating? Give some more info and I will see if I can help!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, ran 5.3 miles this morning, and then did Max Recovery. Ahhh... although not much recovery!! Shaky legs on those leg pulses!! :noway:
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Sandy - I'm with you on this. My body is responding to Insanity, but not like it did with P90X. I totally miss the weight training and Tony's one liners :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

It's true that my body is tired. Although I'm not doing anything other than some simple yoga, I just don't get enough sleep (5-6 hours max & more often than not, it's 5). One more hard year and both kids will be in school more & I'll have more time to get things done. Next year, I'll actually have three mornings a week to myself instead of just three hours a week!

Max Recovery + YBB Pure & Simple Yoga done this morning. My legs were shaking too, Jess! Now I'm off to swim lessons & a zillion other things. I'll check back later! :drinker:
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Did Max Interval Circuit today and loved it! Added in Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 2 for a little muscle pump.

Steph
  • laddyboy
    Options

My guess is starvation mode. We need more info to tell you for sure. Like, How old are you? How tall are you? Male or Female? How many calories are you eating? Are you tracking your food daily and can we see your food logs? How many calories are you burning a day?
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi, I am in my first week of the second month of Insanity. I got really burned out over on the other message boards and Jess suggested that I check things out over here.

My name is Licia, I recently turned 42, and when I first began doing Insanity I also gained weight almost instantly...I had been following the calorie recommendations as stated in the Nutrition book.
    Since I dropped my calories and have began to move more doing normal day to day activities the scale has moved down a little.

I think that my body has become more efficient and needs less to function. I also agree with Mark Briggs, especially since my calorie burn is not that much different doing the Max workouts than with the first months.

I bought Insanity because I wanted to improve my overall fitness and get rid of more BF. I am definately feeling fitter, but not feeling thinner...I am going to either start back with ChaLEAN Extreme, or a mix of P90X with Insanity after this round. Not sure yet.
    I am hoping that this phase works the **magic** that it is marketed to produce.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Hi Licia! Welcome!!

Day 54 : Max Interval Circuit & Yoga

I absolutely love this workout! It is by far my favorite. I'm actually a bit sad that I only get to do it one more time in this round! :cry:

Now I'm in a rush. I forgot that I signed up to bring snack today at preschool. I made Tony's Sticky Bars with almond butter for them! Gotta run those over now. :tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Max Interval Circuit DONE! I woke up feeling crummy and full of sinuses. I decided to skip Insanity and did Jillian's No More Trouble Zones (40 min circuit training). I just didn't feel up to Insanity. Well, I ate my breakfast (1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 c. blueberries, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein, and 1/2 c. cottage cheese), got the kiddos off to school, and decided I was going to DIG DEEPER. So I sure did!!!!

And felt AWESOME once I was done, I think it helped my sinuses too!

Had my dh take some new pics today. Loving the changes!! :heart:
  • biblebanger
    Options

My guess is starvation mode. We need more info to tell you for sure. Like, How old are you? How tall are you? Male or Female? How many calories are you eating? Are you tracking your food daily and can we see your food logs? How many calories are you burning a day?
  • biblebanger
    Options
    Thanx you guys for even responding!!! I am 5'4'' 128 female. I was eating 1500 as INSANITY recommended, but not seeing anything. I also have been doing Tosca Reno's concept of eating clean foods 5X a day which I gained weight doing. I went back down to around 1300 and eat when I am hungry, stop when I am full. I am keeping track of my food on this site, but I just switched over from another this week. I have not checked on how to make it public, but I will after I finish this. I also should say I quit caffeine last Janaury and gave up diet coke. I was told by sooo many people that the weight would fall off. Well after seeing NO results from giving up artificial sweetners I went back to the occasional DC, but only caffeine free. I also drink a ton of water daily. My husband calls me a freak of nature. I eat a lot of different things, but ALL in moderation. I so appreciate your advice and help.THANK YOU!!! (oops, gotta figure out how to do a quote and response all in one:)
  • laddyboy
    Options
    Thanx you guys for even responding!!! I am 5'4'' 128 female. I was eating 1500 as INSANITY recommended, but not seeing anything. I also have been doing Tosca Reno's concept of eating clean foods 5X a day which I gained weight doing. I went back down to around 1300 and eat when I am hungry, stop when I am full. I am keeping track of my food on this site, but I just switched over from another this week. I have not checked on how to make it public, but I will after I finish this. I also should say I quit caffeine last Janaury and gave up diet coke. I was told by sooo many people that the weight would fall off. Well after seeing NO results from giving up artificial sweetners I went back to the occasional DC, but only caffeine free. I also drink a ton of water daily. My husband calls me a freak of nature. I eat a lot of different things, but ALL in moderation. I so appreciate your advice and help.THANK YOU!!! (oops, gotta figure out how to do a quote and response all in one:)

Ok, I put your age at 35 because I needed an age to figure this out. You BMR is 1261 add 20% or 252 = 1513. That is the amount of calories you need to eat to just maintain your weight with out any exercise. So if you were eating 1500 and doing Insanity you were probably burning about 250-450 calories a workout which equated to about 1lb per week loss. If that serario is correct and you didn't loose weight then I would suggest zig zagging your calories. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

The basic principal is eating the same 10500 calories a week but instead of eating 1500 a day you would eat 1800 1 day, 1300 next 2200 next...ect. eating 1500 calories a day every day your metabolism may be use to that amount of calories. Try mixing it up a few weeks.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Max Interval Circuit DONE! I woke up feeling crummy and full of sinuses. I decided to skip Insanity and did Jillian's No More Trouble Zones (40 min circuit training). I just didn't feel up to Insanity. Well, I ate my breakfast (1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 c. blueberries, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein, and 1/2 c. cottage cheese), got the kiddos off to school, and decided I was going to DIG DEEPER. So I sure did!!!!

And felt AWESOME once I was done, I think it helped my sinuses too!

Had my dh take some new pics today. Loving the changes!! :heart:

You look great, Jess! Your mid-section is melting away! :drinker:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 55 : Max Interval Sports Conditioning & Yoga

I got quite a bit of sleep last night, and even managed a 20-minute power nap yesterday. So feeling really good today! Just finished a GREAT workout, and now I need to rush to get everyone up and out the door!

I'll check back later!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    You look great, Jess! Your mid-section is melting away! :drinker:

Thanks, girl!! 2 inches off the waist and 3 off the hips! Woohoo! :drinker: