Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Replies

• waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    I've been waiting for progress in my abs for forever, and I am finally starting to get a 'v'!! Very happy. It's nice to notice NSV's because I'm in a lame plateau.
  • my skin clearing up since I don't eat so much junk anymore
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    I've been waiting for progress in my abs for forever, and I am finally starting to get a 'v'!! Very happy. It's nice to notice NSV's because I'm in a lame plateau.

I agree with you NSV's can be very motivating!
  • Lmaass1
    Lmaass1 Posts: 33 Member
    I don't eat when I'm bored anymore! I only eat when I'm hungry, and have noticed a difference in the way I feel just from that :)!
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    I've been wondering for a couple of days what NSV stood for. Thanks! :happy:
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 246 Member
    My daughter being interested in exercise!
    My body fat % dropping from 32% to 26%!
    Running my fastest mile since junior high!
    Looking better in my clothes! :)
  • fieldsy4life
    fieldsy4life Posts: 155
    I haven't lost a pound since January but my body has completely transformed (didn't start taking pics till April):

April 6th-
    7079606125_83c306f122.jpg

April 29th-
    6978216564_2ca602e643.jpg

Scales are stupid; pictures don't lie (and they tell a thousand words)

;)
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    @ fieldsy4life You look great! I agree picture, clothes.... many other ways to measure success!
  • xleigh
    xleigh Posts: 22
    Finally seeing some difference in my clothes! Having to buy new uniform at work :)
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    I have a lot of smaller sized jeans I keep locked in the attic..I took them out for motivation n hung them up..The one pair of jeans are i couldnt get over my thighs or *kitten* let alone zipper them..I tried them on the other day just for the hell of it, and i was able to button and have some extra moving room..I hate when the scale doesn't move but my inches come off :D
  • Wow!! can I ask what kind of heart rate monitor you use? I am hoping to get one soon :)
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Exchanging my new work shirts from a 2x to a 1x because they were just too big!! Having to pull my pants up a million times a day!!
  • Judanjos
    Judanjos Posts: 87
    Buying 4x scrubs and having the side seam rip on the pants the first week of school. By the 9th week of school the side is repaired and I can wear them with a BP cuff in my pocket(wayyyy bulky lol) . No tearing and I can move around. :)
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

OMG, I know EXACTLY what you mean!! It is the little things, isn't it? I have bath sheets from when I was 65 pounds heavier and I can't keep them around me now, they just fall off. I love using a regular sized bath towel!!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    My NSV is pretty hilarious and maybe some girls on here can relate. I have been losing weight very slowly but I've noticed that if I stand up straignt with my legs shoulder width apart...my thighs don't touch anymore!!!!! WOOHOO!!!
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    This past weekend I stopped by a yard-sale near my house. This lady was selling a lot of her niece's clothing and I noticed a nice pair of jeans from Abercrombie and Fitch that still had the tag on them. She only wanted $2 bucks--but they were a size 0. I decided to buy them anyway in the hopes that one day my butt might fit in them. Took them home and tried them on.

Perfect fit :)

Made me feel nice, even though I realize they probably aren't really a true size 0. If they are, I wonder what the heck actual skinny girls wear. Children's Clothes??
  • bfairlamb
    bfairlamb Posts: 31
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

Same here about the towel. It's nice when I wrap it around me and it goes ALL the way around me :)

My NSV...
    Noticing I can't eat what I used to cuz it makes me absolutely ILL
    Not ever wanting to eat like that again.
    Waking up feeling awake aaannnndddd
    noticing that now instead of "all that water" being a job, I'm actually thirsty for "all that water" (1 gallon)
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    I've been going for a wk and a half now.
    My clothes are looser =) and I've logged every day since I've started, even when I'm bad.
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    OUT of the plus size clothing and my kids, 8 and 10, can now put their arms all the way around me!
  • reybrianne
    reybrianne Posts: 11
    I try to do 30 day shred every day plus some other form of cardio for a negative net for the day. My goal for may is to have a negative net as much as possible. I know I know it's not fantastic for you but it's more to prove to myself that I can do it. And so far I've been able to ride my bike trail a minute faster than before and I can run for 20 minutes straight rather than 15. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!