I eat almost 200g of carbs every day. Gah i'm so fat
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Mmm love me some carbs.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I dont think the truth will ever be allowed out. Too many big industries (i.e. flour, sugar, pharmaceutical, supermarkets) are making too much money from the present "so called" healthy eating regime. No one can touch it. Whatever you believe, you should ask the question, why is obesity, heart disease and diabetes on the increase in such a huge scale?

Tell me in your own words how carbs make you fat?

No offense man, but I am not here to play gotcha game. I could throw this right back in your court and say tell me in your own words how fat makes you fat.

I am just posting a news report that I happen to agree with. Not you, but it seems many people get their panties all in a bunch if someone comes out against the typical standard nutritional diet. There is science to back up both theories. Are we that closed minded to fully shut out the whole low carb thing?

So in other words you have no idea how carbs supposedly make you fat, you're just jumping on the latest fear mongering bandwagon

Don't be too harsh on him as he obviously sounds like a low carb newbie. Once you get hooked believing the low carb spiel its hard to shake it and think objectively.
  • betholiver
    betholiver Posts: 70
    Options
    bump
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe credits her beautiful figure to pasta (AKA, carbs)

marilyn-monroe-heels.jpg

She so fat...
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Carbs.jpg
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I wonder how fat I should be considering I eat 300-400g of carbs 9/10 days...
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds in 11 weeks following a basic low carb, high protein diet of 1200-ish calories a day and 5-6 days of exercise a week. Something is working. I think there is a lot of truth in the concept that processed carbs contribute to weight gain...and that all calories are not created equal. I guess as long as you do SOMETHING,rather than nothing, you can lose weight. This just happens to be working well for me.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

marilyn-monroe-heels.jpg

She so fat...

Umm, I don't know if you picked the best possible picture to illustrate your point...
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    w8qhjt.gif

(PS. No it doesn't.)
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Let's see:

Zyzz ate carbs

zyzz2.jpg

Greg Plitt eats carbs

plitt.jpg

Manu eats carbs

manu.jpg

Josef Rakich eats carbs

rakich.jpg

Yea, these guys are just bursting with fat cells.

Yep, not seeing any fat there ... :flowerforyou:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I dont think the truth will ever be allowed out. Too many big industries (i.e. flour, sugar, pharmaceutical, supermarkets) are making too much money from the present "so called" healthy eating regime. No one can touch it. Whatever you believe, you should ask the question, why is obesity, heart disease and diabetes on the increase in such a huge scale?

Tell me in your own words how carbs make you fat?

No offense man, but I am not here to play gotcha game. I could throw this right back in your court and say tell me in your own words how fat makes you fat.

I am just posting a news report that I happen to agree with. Not you, but it seems many people get their panties all in a bunch if someone comes out against the typical standard nutritional diet. There is science to back up both theories. Are we that closed minded to fully shut out the whole low carb thing?

So in other words you have no idea how carbs supposedly make you fat, you're just jumping on the latest fear mongering bandwagon

Don't be too harsh on him as he obviously sounds like a low carb newbie. Once you get hooked believing the low carb spiel its hard to shake it and think objectively.

It was a simple question I posed to him, no reason to dodge it
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    So all these carbs are making me gain weight?????? They are preventing me from losing the 80 pounds i lost while eating carbs? They prevented me from dropping my body fat% by 12%? are you sure?
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds in 11 weeks following a basic low carb, high protein diet of 1200-ish calories a day and 5-6 days of exercise a week. Something is working. I think there is a lot of truth in the concept that processed carbs contribute to weight gain...and that all calories are not created equal. I guess as long as you do SOMETHING,rather than nothing, you can lose weight. This just happens to be working well for me.

A lot of people feel less hungry on low carb so you don't over-eat, create a caloric deficit and lose weight. Processed carbs may contribute to weight gain because for some they make you hungry, you over-eat, don't create a caloric deficit and gain weight.
    I've seen a lot of low carbers, particularly those that are very over-weight lose weight initially but never get to goal.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Twinkie diet : http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Your caloric deficit makes you lose weight, and very well :) Keep it up, but there is no magic, no banned food, and probably no "evil calorie vs good calorie", just a moderate, healthy caloric deficit :)
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Carbs do not make you fat. Carbs may give you water retention, but like many things...it passes.

What makes you fat is eating a calorie surplus and sitting on the couch all day.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Too many calories are making you fat.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

marilyn-monroe-heels.jpg

She so fat...

Umm, I don't know if you picked the best possible picture to illustrate your point...

Thought about it but couldnt be bothered with finding a photoshopped pic of her. She still looks drop dead gorgeous and very fit
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Oh my god! All this time carbs have been making me fat! I didn't even notice! D:

For the extremely dense: caloric surplus makes you fat. Carbs+suplus makes you fat faster.

You'll notice literally every one of the bodybuilder physique folks on here eats 300-400g carbs on a regular basis... hard to recover from serious weight training otherwise.

You'll also notice you don't see low-carbers who look like bodybuilders.

But I'm sure that's all just coincidence. Carry on!
This discussion has been closed.