for heavens sake, I STILL EAT BREAD AND LOSE WEIGHT!

Options

Replies

• d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Still eat bread. Still eat processed food. Still eat junk. I just don't eat as much of it as I used to.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    seen a lot of posts lately regarding "whole grain/wheat" bread/brown rice.. and such.. I am not understand why alot of people choose to cut them out COMPLETELY... I have lost weight with still eating bread, at a deficit.. eating healthy and working out...

please tell me I am not the only one? share YOUR success so we can put the "bad carbs" posts to rest!

I have trouble controlling myself around bread, so I avoid it as much as possible. That's a psychological thing though, not an inherent evil with bread.
  • msjenjenp
    msjenjenp Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm a carb addict, so the carbs ain't going anywhere. . .
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    That'll kill ya.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    If I could eat bread i would but have coeliac so allergic to gluten but I eat plenty of rice and other carbs. They are the ones that make me feel fuller for longer.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Go to subway 5x a week and always order 6 inch wheat bread for all my sandwiches and still lost 15 lbs. So what was the problem with bread again?

Oh by the way eating my sandwich right now while typing this. mmmmmmmmm delicious bread!
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    i eat carbs! Ive lost 73 pounds. Actually i tried doing the low carb thing for about a month and i hated it. I was tired and i was grumpy. I just focus on portion size and getting a variety of different foods and i feel great. I love carbs and i know i couldnt cut carbs out for good so low carb isnt for me.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    You gotta be wrong, Gary Taubes says carbs cause obesity.:devil:
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I told my GP at my baby's 1 year check up about my diet. She goes, "I hope you're not doing a fad diet." I tell her about MFP. She says "Oh, that's a relief. There's nothing worse then those no or low-carb diets!" Then she touted the benefits of adding weights to my exercise routine. IMHO, this lady knows her stuff.

14839892.png
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    22 lbs in less than 4 months and I almost always go over on my daily carb goal. I love bread, pasta and most things carb! I do eat some whole wheat bread/pastas now but it's not because I think they are better for you, it's because I like the way they taste. Low/No carb is great for some people, I'm just not one of them! :bigsmile:
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    I'm a carb addict, so the carbs ain't going anywhere. . .
    DITTO :flowerforyou:
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    I eat either a slice of bread or two a day or a serving of oatmeal and I've done great so far. Dairy makes up a lot of my carb allotment too sometimes if I decide to have yogurt or some milk or cheese. I could probably live without the dairy except for yogurt, but take away my grain sources and I'm going to be VERY pissy. I low carbed it for a few weeks before prom to see if it would get rid of belly bloat, it did help for the big day but I was ready to kill someone the entire three weeks. :grumble:
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i've lost 9lbs in April & i have been eating whole wheat/grain breads & brown rice.

dont need to cut out a food completely from your diet, just eat it in moderation.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't get it. If I had to cut out the food that I love, I definitely would not have made it this far. I've lost 19 pounds so far and I haven't cut out anything. I love bread, pasta, white rice, etc... I eat them all regularly.
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My current favorite bread is a swiss multi grain made by nature's pride. On rest days, I'll usually go with a toasted bagel thin though for my sandwich.
  • TheMissingSock
    Options
    Look below this post at my ticker.
    part of what got me there is white rice, white bread, potatoes, etc.

you get the idea. However those three things listed above are a small portion of my overall intake.
  • kalyy
    kalyy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Carbs too, my nutritionist tried to put me on a low carb diet once and didn't work lol
    I have lost 22 lbs since January and eat bread, fruit, rice, pasta, oats, milk, homemade yogurt, and I even bake cake, brownies and cupcakes sometimes :-)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I have to be gluten-free for medical reasons, but I totally eat GF cupcakes, bread, brownies, etc. And well... my pictures are public. You tell ME if it works :-)
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs every day. I love Multi Grain bagels and breads. Eat them daily but watch that they stay within my calorie allotment. Adore pasta, rice and other "white carbs." Still enjoy these in moderation. I have cut way back on the high sugar fruits that I love, but still eat them once or twice a week.

I have had to cut out candy. Still miss it, but this is a small thing to give up. Will still indulge around Easter and Christmas and Valentine's Day. But a regular habit of munching on M&Ms, Good & Plenty, Hershey's kisses, etc... no more.

Still love Starbucks but my order has changed. No more Cranberry/ Orange scones. Do I miss these? Yes. But again, a small sacrifice for maintaining at 133-138 for almost a year.

You should eat what you like (unless you have dietary restrictions for health reasons), but think out each thing you eat and decide if it is worth it and if it works for YOU.
  • pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You have to realize that we're all physiologically different, and what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for someone else.

I have PCOS (and insulin resistance), so carbs, especially refined carbs, actually make me hungrier when I eat them. And insulin resistance is a lot more common than you would think.

That being said, I don't believe in Atkins or removing all carbs from your diet. But I do not eat sugar or white bread, and I would never eat an entire meal of carbs. If I have some brown rice, I always add lots of veggies and protein. I changed MFP's default setting for carbs, and have it set at 30%.