30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options

Replies

• bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Finished day 6 just level 1 today! I feel like I could have done level 2 also but I have a super long busy day of work today so I didn't want to push myself. I get really hungry all day after long workouts and I don't have time to eat so then I am very crabby. I still have been going over my calories all weekend, but it is better than normal because I eat good all day and then mess up at night I'm still proud that I do well during the day. football game tonight woohoo! :drinker:

exercise.png

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • everyday
    Options
    skywalker You are kicking my Ars...

I need to catch up with ya :smile:
    I just noticed this post. LOL :laugh: I'm not kicking anyone's *kitten*. I need mine kicked this week! :laugh: :laugh:

Naaaa skywalker- A full week of the Shred+ 33 miles.. I'm eating your dust: :frown:

~~~ AWESOME JOB EVERYONE that is commited and doing the work outs :flowerforyou:
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Day 7, done! 3 day Shred level 1, and I will try the level 2... :frown: hope I can do it!!

Great job everyone!! :drinker:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I feel so bad I havent done the shred since last week. Stupid migraines...cant do jumping jacks or butt kicks when my head is pounding. Hopefully this week Ill be able to get around to it.
  • bribaby24
    Options
    Day 7 done! Level 1 and 2 shredded. think i will try to continue doing level one and two this week then maybe 2 and 3 next week. no change in inches yet because i keep overeating at night, goal for this week is to stop that, i want to see results with my shredding! keep up the good work this week everyone! :heart:

exercise.png

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    day 8 done! feeling much better with level 1 but i want to be able to do all of the moves with natalie before i move up (because i have tried level 2 and it is HARD, all that plank pose.... whew).

how are others decided when to move up a level?
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone.

I hope you all were doing better than I was this weekend. I haven't done any exercising, other than walking, since Thursday. On Thursday, I started feeling some pain on the left side of my chest (muscle, not heart attack) and it got worse as the weekend progressed. Last night, I finally got a good sleep and haven't had any muscle spasms or difficulty breathing today. I'm thinking I should take it easy and stick to walking tonight so I don't agitate the muscle before it's completely healed. I hope to be back on the Shred wagon very, very soon. I actually WANT to exercise! All weekend, I thought about giving it a try, but thought it would only make the condition last longer.

I did a terrible job eating this weekend and am trying to make up for it today. I was too scared to weigh in this morning, so I ignored my scale and figured I'd give myself a day or two to get back on track before having a meeting with my scale. Terrible!

Good luck exercising everyone and I hope to join in again soon!
    Heather
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    sudzie,

I'm just going to try to move up after 10 days of level 1, whether I'm comfortable or not. We'll see how that goes :happy:

hajohnson,

Sorry to hear you were having problems, but at least you kept walking. Probably a good idea to just walk and let your chest heal. I didn't have the best weekend, but it was due to my own overeating :tongue: I'm getting back on track today :happy:

Happy Shredding, everyone !!! :drinker:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    skywalker -

i did that a few months ago and found it excruciating, so i am holding off for a little this time to try to build up my stamina :P we'll see how that goes!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Day 8 done!! :tongue:

sudzie,
    I believe you that it's excruciating (totally agree about the planks). :laugh: I haven't done it yet, but I've watched it. If I have too much trouble with it, I'll just go back to Level 1 and build up. Thanks for the warning though! :laugh: :drinker: :laugh:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    sudzie/bribaby/skywalker:

Day 3 done - Level 1
    Thank god for you motivating me right now to do this! Obviously, I haven't done this workout before and it is killing me but feels great. I am going to wait unil Day 5 and move up in weight and then on 10 move to level 2. If I get through level 1 on heavier weight I may change my mind and just go to Level 2. I will have to watch it first.

I just have to say thank you - you are amazing and are really forcing me to complete this. As I mentioned before I am also doing AE active on the days I don't do Shred so this is really a challenge. I have to lose these 10 lbs. for pre-pregnancy. This is my initial goal and then after that I will need to lose another 20 but, this is a good to start. Good luck!
  • april_mesk
    Options
    One last thing before I go to bed "How about those Patriots!" Wow, never saw that coming. Out of control and they go lucky. Whew, I am off to bed now.... zzzzzzzzz
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Day 8, donne too!! :happy:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Not sick anymore! finally :grumble: I feel SOOO far behind everyone!

So I did Day 2 - Level 1 yesterday and hope to shred 3 x a week moving forward.

I did a mixture of 5lb weights and 8lb weights.....still hate the side lunge shoulder raise...that was a 5lb exercise the whole time and i couldn't do all the reps....at least I have a goal :tongue: And still doing the "girly" pushups....not sure if I'll ever be able to do a real one!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well....love reading everyone's posts...gets me excited to do the workout...:flowerforyou:

Have a great day and Happy Shredding!
    31345.png
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

So I felt great all day yesterday and was pumped to go for a nice long walk, but right after dinner the chest spasms started again and I could hardly breathe. Guess I have to hold off for another day. I'm so far behind! I've done a lot of research on my symptoms and everything points to costochondritis, which isn't serious and eventually goes away on its own. If the symptoms get worse than they were last night, though, I'm going to take myself to the doctor. Ick!

I'm glad to hear that others are still doing "girly" pushups. I don't think I'll ever be able to do real pushups because my shoulders have always been weak. I miss working with the weights and can't wait to feel good enough to attempt Jillian again. In the meantime, I will be watching the season premier of Biggest Loser.

Happy exercising,
    Heather
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Yet another day that my head is pounding far too much to even consider doing the shred. I cant fathom doing jumping jack, butt kicks, and jump rope when my head hurts like this!
    :sad:
    I really wish I felt ok enough to work out, I havent done it since last Monday!

At least Ive gone to batting cages and driving ranges and have done some walking
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Yet another day that my head is pounding far too much to even consider doing the shred. I cant fathom doing jumping jack, butt kicks, and jump rope when my head hurts like this!
    :sad:

I hear ya! Hopefully we'll both feel better soon and can join back in on the Shred! Good luck!

Heather
  • skywalker
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

So I felt great all day yesterday and was pumped to go for a nice long walk, but right after dinner the chest spasms started again and I could hardly breathe. Guess I have to hold off for another day. I'm so far behind! I've done a lot of research on my symptoms and everything points to costochondritis, which isn't serious and eventually goes away on its own. If the symptoms get worse than they were last night, though, I'm going to take myself to the doctor. Ick!

I'm glad to hear that others are still doing "girly" pushups. I don't think I'll ever be able to do real pushups because my shoulders have always been weak. I miss working with the weights and can't wait to feel good enough to attempt Jillian again. In the meantime, I will be watching the season premier of Biggest Loser.

Happy exercising,
    Heather

Heather,
    I had (or have, not sure it ever goes away entirely) costochondritis. About 10 years ago, I had sharp chest pains that felt like a heart attack, but at the same time I thought it was muscular. To be safe, I did see my dr. It turned out I had torn the cartilage between my ribcage and sternum. I found some releif in using a heating pad and resting. It's still a good idea to see your doc to be sure and I don't want to recommend treatment, as I am not a dr.
    I still have reminders of it at times. I sometimes feel a click in my chest, just left of center, (kind of like when you crack your knuckles or your back). So, if it is, indeed, costochondritis, then I know how you feel and the Shred should wait until you're healed.
    Hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:

P.S. I don't have cable anymore, so I can't watch The Biggest Loser. I reallly wish I could :sad:
  • bribaby24
    Options
    Day 8 done Level 1 and 2 shredded! I feel amazing! I feel stronger, it is so much easier to get through the cardio, WOW I almost feel like I should do level 3 too right now, but that is just crazy! I move up when I can do everything with Natalie but seriously like the push-ups (i do girly style too) there are some moves that my body just yells at me, not doin' it. But I will not go to level 3 until I can do it all with Natalie. So level 2 is super hard because you are REALLY out of breath even during strength, it works you the entire time, but try it, after a week you will be able to do it no problem. Just don't give up!!!!

For everyone that is not feeling well, take your time! I know how it feels to want to do it but not be able to. It is better to wait so you don't get worse and have to wait even longer to excercise. Take it slow and we will be here for you when you are able to jump on the shred train!! hehe! :heart:

exercise.png

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Day 4 - Level 1

Well, just about 10 minutes till Biggest Loser - can't wait to watch.
    Too bad you don't have cable Skywalker. Could you watch online?
    You know, this is going to sound crazy but, I can actually see definition in my arms. I mean I have been working out consistently for awhile but, I can see things happening - yay! I am killing myself but, everytime Jillian says that comment about getting "those abs" it pushes me. Uggh.

I watched Level 2 tonight but, couldn't attempt it. TOM is here so, it was rough getting in L1. Tomorrow morning I am going to try and get in another session. I may even try another workout tonight before I go to bed but, it will be AE active not the shred. I will wait for tomorrow to attempt more of that.

Have a great night everyone!