Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options

Replies

• Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My gosh, these are fantastic ideas! I've been on a overnight refrigerated oatmeal kick lately. I've made banana & pb, applesauce & cinnamon and mango and coconut. I found the recipes when I searched "overnight oatmeal" in Pinterest.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I'm boring. Half a bagel, cream cheese, and coffee. (yawn)
  • tiffpage
    tiffpage Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Omg you should look me up on pinterest or I can email them to you. I have so many great recipes. Avocado pudding, white chocolate cranberry muffins, breakfast bars, blueberry vanilla smoothies...the list goes on! All easy and all low cal
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    my diary is open, I try to mix it up, some mornings a smoothie (plain non fat greek yogurt, fruit and a little skim milk) some mornings 2 strips turkey bacon w/2 scrambled eggs and some fruit, some mornings oatmeal w/some fruit and nuts and every once in a while on the weekends I will make whole wheat french toast w/fruit. All under 400 calories, most under 300 w/coffee and a little fat free half and half included.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My work breakfast is typically:
    0% Greek yogurt cup w/ yogurt or sometimes plain (Fage or Voskos) or 1 HB large Egg- for my protien
    1-1.5 cup of assorted berries/ fruit (usually strawberries and something else on sale)- for my fruit
    Fiber bar (usally Fiber Plus or Fiber one 90 cal) or 1/2 whole wheat bagel w/ 1 tbs of light cream cheese- for my carb/ fiber
    16- 20oz 1/2 caffinated coffee w/ 2-3 oz of skim milk

Home breakfast is normally 1/2-3/4 cup quick steel cut oats w/ a little milk and 1 tsp brown sugar w/ one egg (HB or fried w/ out butter) and fruit (apple, pear or grapefruit).

Definately a creature of habit but still haven't gotten sick of it 2 years later. Except for when I get that pregnancy craving for a big gooey sticking breakfast pastery of some sort... I only win that battle about half the time.
  • WickedBoss
    WickedBoss Posts: 8
    Options
    My god too much people eat Bacon in here... It's not JUST about calorie it's about FAT in the food too ! Good lord !
  • michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    two large eggs (140 calories) + two stripes of low sodium bacon (80 calories) between two slices of nature's own whole wheat light bread (80 calories) = 300 calories.
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had 2 hard boiled eggs, full fat greek yogurt 4 oz. with 1/4 cup blueberries and 3 sliced strawberries in it. Total calories was 413 but that also included green tea and honey (70 cals) and my fish oil tablets (25 cals).
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Mine is just over 400 at 408.

Breakfast
    Walmart Great Value - 100% Liquid Egg Whites , 16 TBSP
    Whole Foods 365 - Frozen Blue Curled Kale, 1 cup (85 g)
    Great Value - Fat Free Cottage Cheese , 1/2 cup (114g)
    Pilsbury - Grands Biscuits Golden Wheat, 1 biscuit
  • Betsiz17
    Betsiz17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    315 calories - a banana, 1/2 Thomas Harvest fruit bagel toasted with 1 tbsp. peanut butter. Absolutely NEVER get tired of it!
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My god too much people eat Bacon in here... It's not JUST about calorie it's about FAT in the food too ! Good lord !

Bwahahaha! Some people really like bacon. I'm happy I can barely stand meat let alone pork. Makes the diet a lot easier.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    sometimes i have homemade hummus with cucumbers under 250 calories. other times i have 2 hard boiled eggs with a salad ..and most days i have a strawberry yogart smoothie when i have those i might add an oz of some kind of nut depending on size i might make that half an oonce. under 300 calories
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, real butter, any reasonable amount of random low-carb vegetables, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, a splash of hot sauce or salsa, all on a low-carb tortilla.

Easy smoothie - frozen berries, milk, greek yogurt, and protein powder: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/saxmaniac?date=2012-04-30
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    At the start of the week I hard boil two dozen eggs (my kids love them before school and I eat them as a snack) and I make 2 dozen egg "muffins". I cook about 24 ozs of turkey sausage (take it out of the casing and cook loose), place an ounce in the bottom of a muffin tin (don't forget to grease your pan!), put a tablespoon of red or green peppers on top of that, and then break one egg into each muffin tin and scramble a little with a fork, bake at 400 for 25 mins. When done baking remove from pan and set aside to cool, I put them all in a glass storage container and the kids and I just grab them and heat them up on the run.

Eaten just like that it's 167 cals, 2 carbs and 12 grams protein. Sometimes I will toss a little cheese on top before I heat it, or will add onion to it before cooking, sometimes a little greek yogurt and a tiny bit of salsa to go with it. There are a million different ways to do it.
  • Navotc
    Navotc Posts: 97
    Options
    My breakfasts are always under 400cal - my diary is open - feel free to browse.

Here are some of my favorites:
    3 egg omelet with cheese: 290
    1/3 cup rolled rye flakes with honey and butter: 184
    1/2 cup quinoa (prepared from quinoa flakes) with honey and butter: 256
    Chobani Greek Yogurt - Black cherry, mixed with 1/4 c of pecans: 340
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I still eat much of what most people consider a normal breakfast and most of the time it's under 200 calories. The highest calorie breakfast I've had is this:
    1 plain buttermilk biscuit (127cal)
    Pan fried bacon 4 pieces (168cal)
    Equaling to 295 calories, which is still well within your 400 calorie range.

One of the breakfasts I enjoy is an omelette because I can stuff all sorts of tasty veggies inside. If you want to see exact calories and nutritional content on this here's the page: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Drawberry?date=2012-04-30 but this is how I make mine;
    2 regular size eggs (or 1 egg and 1 -2 egg white for less calories)
    diced onion
    diced pepper
    pinch of Mexican blend cheese
    (if I have a bit of ham left over from something I'll chop up a bit of that as well. )

When the pan is hot coat it with non-stick cooking spray (i use non-flavored kind because anything fake butter flavored makes me gag..)and pour a little over half of the egg (seasoned with salt and pepper) into the pan and swirl lightly. When the egg 'sets' part way but is still liquidy on top sprinkle the onion and peppers on one half and allow to 'set' for a little bit longer before adding the remaining egg mixture. Using the edge of the spatula to slowly go around the edge of the omelette to free it from sticking to the sides, then swirl the pan so the extra egg liquid on top fills the gaps on the sides. When the omelette is almost 'set' to my liking before folding I sprinkle some basil and the cheese on one half, fold, and flip over.After about 30 seconds it should be done and ready to devour.

If your using 1-2 egg whites instead of two whole eggs the breakfast comes to under 200 calories!

I love cinnamon and brown sugar oatmeal as well. Just cooking 1/2 cup of oatmeal as you normally would and adding in about a spoonful of each cinnamon and brown sugar to the hot oatmeal and adding a tiny splash of milk tastes greaaat. I usually add in some fruit on top like blueberries. I would recommend the fruit being room temperature since chilled fruits like strawberries will turn your oatmeal cold pretty quickly.

Half a cup of this oatmeal, sans fruit, is less then 200 calories as well.

Honestly I don't eat breakfast nearly as much as I should :/ but when I do I love me some eggies and oatmeal. Shockingly it looks like eggy in a basket (or 'egg in a hole') is less then 200 calories as well.
  • Navotc
    Navotc Posts: 97
    Options
    At the start of the week I hard boil two dozen eggs (my kids love them before school and I eat them as a snack) and I make 2 dozen egg "muffins". I cook about 24 ozs of turkey sausage (take it out of the casing and cook loose), place an ounce in the bottom of a muffin tin (don't forget to grease your pan!), put a tablespoon of red or green peppers on top of that, and then break one egg into each muffin tin and scramble a little with a fork, bake at 400 for 25 mins. When done baking remove from pan and set aside to cool, I put them all in a glass storage container and the kids and I just grab them and heat them up on the run.

Eaten just like that it's 167 cals, 2 carbs and 12 grams protein. Sometimes I will toss a little cheese on top before I heat it, or will add onion to it before cooking, sometimes a little greek yogurt and a tiny bit of salsa to go with it. There are a million different ways to do it.

BUMP! These sound delicious! I must try them...
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    Thomas' Bagel Thins whole wheat
    Philadephia 1/3 less cream cheese (veggie)
    Cup of coffee with fat free cream and 1 pack of splenda

Well under 400 cals.

How many calories is the cream cheese? I use laughing cow because the cheese spreads are 35 a wedge and the cream cheese wedges are 45 a wedge. My faves are the garlic and herb and the strawberries and cream.
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    2 slices of bacon
    2 low fat multigrain waffles
    1 tablespoon of peanut butter
    1 tablespoon of creamer
    2 cups of coffee

Soooo yummy! Only 340 calories :-)
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

Excuse me...FYI, No one asked your opinion on whether it was ok for them to eat bacon or not...lol.. a little fat in your diet is not a bad thing...good lord.