30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options

Replies

• april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Not sick anymore! finally :grumble: I feel SOOO far behind everyone!

So I did Day 2 - Level 1 yesterday and hope to shred 3 x a week moving forward.

I did a mixture of 5lb weights and 8lb weights.....still hate the side lunge shoulder raise...that was a 5lb exercise the whole time and i couldn't do all the reps....at least I have a goal :tongue: And still doing the "girly" pushups....not sure if I'll ever be able to do a real one!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well....love reading everyone's posts...gets me excited to do the workout...:flowerforyou:

Have a great day and Happy Shredding!
    31345.png

I feel behind as well. 3x a week is great for this workout - it is not easy! I dread doing it somedays but know that it will benefit me big!

I don't know how you hit 8 lbs. yet - that's great. I will get there also. I can only do girly pushups also and have never been able to do a real pushup. Well, maybe one - hah!

I have to agree with you that everyone else gets me excited hearing their comments also. It's such a great motivator.

Happy Shredding and don't forget we may be a bit behind but, we will get there!!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Day 9 done!!! One more day before I try Level 2!! :noway:
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done!!! One more day before I try Level 2!! :noway:

Exactly the same...! :frown: but I'll try it.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    last shred was friday but have had time off work which was used having fun lol so no shred for four days. back into it tonight after work.
    glad to hear everyone else doing well. ive done nine days of it so far this month which isn't too bad.
  • skywalker
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I think it's pretty funny that a bunch of us have the same Halloween theme Shred ticker. :laugh:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I made a ticker, but I havent done the shred in over a week! :embarassed:
    I went back to when I was doing the shred consistently before the 1st and added those in though.

Hopefully Ill be feeling up to it soon
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks for the advice on the costochondritis. Yesterday, I took ibuprofen to prevent any inflammation and didn't have any pain all day. Tonight, I have volunteer work, so we'll see how it goes just walking with the kids and horses. If all goes well, I might attempt a very light workout that includes the upper body. I will probably try to find a time to see the doctor, too, to make sure I won't cause any damage.

Last night's Biggest Loser episode was heart-wrenching! I don't know how anyone could NOT be rooting for Abby. In my area, Biggest Loser is on our local NBC channel, so luckily I don't need cable to view it. What a phenomenal show. It was so hard not being able to exercise when I was watching the workouts! But, it did keep me from eating my Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich since I'd already used too many calories for the day.

Happy exercising today!
    Heather
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 and 2 done! Biggest Loser was great last night it was sad :cry: poor Abby! But very inspiring, I am glad Jillian is my trainer too!

exercise.png

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    day 10 done! i am gonna stil with this level though, as i said. it is getting better though - just hoping to see results! :)
  • skywalker
    Options
    No Shred for me today. just a short, but intense bike ride. Day 10 is tomorrow! :tongue:
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Day 5, Level 1 - tomorrow I will start with a heavier weight and do that for 5 more days and then it's off to try L2. It's going to be tough, I've watched it but, if all you girls can do this and more, I can too! Take care and have a great night!
  • Iwkido
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I think it's pretty funny that a bunch of us have the same Halloween theme Shred ticker. :laugh:

Yes it's funny! :tongue: love Halloween styles (and Halloweens partys with friends!) :bigsmile:

Day 10, done!! But not so easy for me... But I want to try the level 2 tomorrow... to change a little, and see what I can do. :drinker: Now we need lot of motivation and support, for the level 2!! :embarassed: :wink:
  • everyday
    Options
    Hey all

I have yet to do a "Shred" this week, but have been working out side landscaping our yard and digging with a shovel. I hope it helps with my endurance, while doing those horrid side lunges/ arm raises.

Still count me in... I'll just bring up the rear in this challenge:wink:

CONGRATS TO ALL that are in the double digits numbered Shreds :flowerforyou:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Last night was Day 3 - Level 1.....oh Jillian why must you torture me? :wink:

I feel like my back is getting stronger...its just my pathetic shoulders that are holding me back!

Taking tonight off and going to do Day 4 on Friday.

:flowerforyou:

31345.png
  • Iwkido
    Options
    Ok...! Day 11... level 2, done! It's really hard!! :embarassed: :drinker:
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Day 6, L1 and moved up a little in the weights but, I don't know how you girls do 5 and 8 lbs. Uggh.
    I mean I used to do those Firm workouts with weights and those are longer than this 1/2 hour dvd. and it didn't seem to bother me as much as this one with less weights. And I was using 10 lbs. with the Firm workouts on some dvds. I guess it's just the change of workout. She is tough, I must say. I have no idea how I am going to work through to L2 but, for now, I am just glad that I am able to stay in this. I won't let myself down :bigsmile:
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 10 Level 1 and 2 shredded! Woohoo and I am doing awesome on staying under my max calories for the day this whole week. Lost 4lbs so far in 10 days not sure about measurements because I only measured out my waist and hips and those take forever to loose for me. But I feel much less jiggly and definetly my arms and legs are toned. YAY! love this workout :love: . Great job on Level 2, lwkido, it's rough but I bet it felt awesome when you finished. Good job everyone keep it up! :flowerforyou:

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

exercise.png
  • skywalker
    Options
    Day 10 done!!! On to Level 2 tomorrow. :noway:
  • Iwkido
    Options
    Great job on Level 2, lwkido, it's rough but I bet it felt awesome when you finished. Good job everyone keep it up! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! :flowerforyou: And it's true... I just hope to do this level better in few days, because for the moment, I do it... like I can. :wink:
    (and much harder : when I'm going at the mat, like push-ups, my baby comes to give me hugs... every time!! :laugh: )
  • etey7
    etey7 Posts: 44
    Options
    day 8 Level 1 done! I really noticed an improvement on my endurance since day 1.. I'm lifting heavier hand weights since day 6 except for the side lunges.. it's still a killer for me.. :grumble:

Congratulations to those who finished level 1!!!!!! I'm excited to do level 2 and join you guys.. i feel left behind already haha.. :laugh:

Let's do this together!!! :wink:

22 days to go before being shredded!!!! :bigsmile: