Replies

• patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    $(KGrHqN,!lkE1F5!ZQ36BNgurs769g~~0_35.JPG
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all 10 pages so this might have been addressed... My question... was it a thong or a G-string?

I don't know, it was bright red and was being stuck in my face. What is the difference?
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Damn. I wish someone would tell my wife that I am in the power position LOL

Tell me about it, my wife is an Administrator and makes more money than me. I guess I should wake her up and tell her how it's going to be.

Now you'll be accused of forcing your wife to be the bread-winner. :laugh: You misogynist, you.

It's her fault, she applied and got the job! How dare she! I should demand she takes a lower paying job than me!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I fully expect them to do this in all the chit-chat threads OR they will have discriminated against me. ;-)

To discriminate against you would imply that I was somehow the one in power to begin with. As a female, that is impossible. The only people who are capable of discriminating and oppressing are those already in a power position. In our society, that means a narrow group of heterosexual, cis-gendered WASP males.

You haven't been "discriminated against" - you've been called out for being sexist and misogynistic.

So your saying females are a weaker sex?? What?? Well, not in my life.. Woman have the "power". I'm not weak!! Just ask my hubby (who adores me because I'm sweet to him).

I hate the whole "I'm a victim" crap.
  • patricknsmith
    Options
    Dude I'll see you on AM.com, this is why I go in spurts on this website forums. 95% of the forums is full of awesome people, but it's that 5% that always ruin it. Granted am hasn't been much better lately.

Tis the world we live in....However, for antagonists like me, trolls are just too much fun.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

She didn't bring her friends in - I'd never seen her post before until this discussion started.

Do yourself a favor and read up on social justice issues as they relate to sexism and women's oppression. If it makes you uncomfortable, good... that's your privilege bubble bursting and it's the first of a long and humiliating journey into making a difference instead of making problems or excuses.

This. This so much.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

So your saying females are a weaker sex?? What?? Well, not in my life.. Woman have the "power". I'm not weak!! Just ask my hubby (who adores me because I'm sweet to him).

No, women are systematically oppressed. Personal power does not negate systematic oppression.
  • patricknsmith
    Options

No, women are systematically oppressed. Personal power does not negate systematic oppression.

Seriously? You are seriously making this argument? Let us know when you wake up and realize it's the 21st Century. Or should the rest of us venture back in time to the witch hunt days you're stuck in.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

Seriously? You are seriously making this argument? Let us know when you wake up and realize it's the 21st Century. Or should the rest of us venture back in time to the witch hunt days you're stuck in.

Educate yourself. Your privilege is blinding you to reality.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I fully expect them to do this in all the chit-chat threads OR they will have discriminated against me. ;-)

To discriminate against you would imply that I was somehow the one in power to begin with. As a female, that is impossible. The only people who are capable of discriminating and oppressing are those already in a power position. In our society, that means a narrow group of heterosexual, cis-gendered WASP males.

You haven't been "discriminated against" - you've been called out for being sexist and misogynistic.

I can admit this, my wife could beat the crap out of me. For several reasons.. That lady is dynamite in a small package and I've been decked by her before, it's a pretty good hook. Also because I'd never dare hit her back, why because I'm twice her size, wouldn't be much of a man if I ever hit her. I don't know if that means I'm not doing what they want though, is that taking power from the woman if the man would never hit back? I get all the rules mixed up.

Society as a whole is changing you are seeing more women ceo's and women in administration. Yeah the salaries don't match up, guess what that isn't because women are less valued, that is because it's taken society awhile to catch up and you have men that have been in the work force longer and higher up longer, their salaries are higher for that reason. It skews the numbers quite a bit in the surveys they like to post. You'll continue to see them start to get closer and closer as more women get into ceo and administrative positions. It's not something that will happen over night.. I don't know anyone in my generation that seems women as the weaker of the two. It's part of the whole sins of the fathers father kind of way of thinking. It's very backwards thinking.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Women that dress like that and say "eww you old creeper! Control yourself!" are idiots. I also think the people saying "you're distracted too easily" aren't getting it. Men are programmed to look. Don't dress like that if you don't want to get noticed. Now touching and commenting is a whole different matter. Keep your hands to yourself and your words among buds.

ANY woman wearing a bright red thong and low pants is doing it for attention. I know, I had a bright pink thong I used the same way for that purpose when I was young and fit and wouldn't illicit the "EWWW!" response. Now I am not so young and fit anymore, married with a baby. No more bright pink thongs for me.

My husband tries SO hard not to look and I appreciate him for it so much. But I don't help the matter. This is an actual conversation we had this past weekend. "Oh MY GOD!! Did you see her boobs!?" "no hun, I try not to look with my wife around" "no really look! They're fantastic!" "ummm, okay..." "Someday, I'll buy boobs like that" "You want a boob job?" "Maybe someday, after we're done with kids" "ummm, okay...You want a bubble tea?"
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Dude ignore her, she's either a troll or a self serving ignorant person. All types have them. Men have the small select that think they are superior in every way, then women have the feminist group, peta, and etc..etc... every faucet has a small outlet of people who are self serving and ignorant as a whole. They like to shoe horn everyone else as an issue when the turn is the small subsets really just have issues with each other while the rest of us are caught in the crosshairs.
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Am I the only woman who thinks working out in a thong would be torture?? Ugh! I'd much rather go commando :tongue:

Am I the only woman who finds thongs quite comfortable and rarely wear any other type of underwear? :blushing:

totally agree :)
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options

I guess I must surround myself with strong women..
    My mother runs her own business.. Most of my friends make as much or more than their husbands..
    Maybe you should look into personal power. So you don't push your feelings of oppression on the whole female sex.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Women that dress like that and say "eww you old creeper! Control yourself!" are idiots. I also think the people saying "you're distracted too easily" aren't getting it. Men are programmed to look. Don't dress like that if you don't want to get noticed. Now touching and commenting is a whole different matter. Keep your hands to yourself and your words among buds.

ANY woman wearing a bright red thong and low pants is doing it for attention. I know, I had a bright pink thong I used the same way for that purpose when I was young and fit and wouldn't illicit the "EWWW!" response. Now I am not so young and fit anymore, married with a baby. No more bright pink thongs for me.

My husband tries SO hard not to look and I appreciate him for it so much. But I don't help the matter. This is an actual conversation we had this past weekend. "Oh MY GOD!! Did you see her boobs!?" "no hun, I try not to look with my wife around" "no really look! They're fantastic!" "ummm, okay..." "Someday, I'll buy boobs like that" "You want a boob job?" "Maybe someday, after we're done with kids" "ummm, okay...You want a bubble tea?"

Thank you, I also think they took the overboard humor a bit too far, it's not like I was gawking it was just pretty eye catching when you are doing crunches and there is someone literally a couple feet away with the only colorful thing around which happened to be a red thong. These people must also have missed my topic where i talked about day glo exercise clothes.

They also missed the general principal where eyes are drawn to color naturally. A white wall gym, someone wearing black yoga pants and a black top, a splash of red will stand out.
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been told my red thong is a distraction. mostly because I'm a dude and some people dont get my humor :tongue:

Funny!!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

I guess I must surround myself with strong women..
    My mother runs her own business.. Most of my friends make as much or more than their husbands..
    Maybe you should look into personal power. So you don't push your feelings of oppression on the whole female sex.

I'm sorry that my type (I don't think I really have a type) has brainwashed you and your family!
  • patricknsmith
    Options

My privilege? What privilege would that be? Growing up in poverty? Coming from a family where college is a fantasy and work is a necessity? I could go on, but I don't let adversity hold me back. I don't ***** and moan on the internet, I go out and do something about it. Educate myself, okay I'll let my 4.0 GPA speak for me on that. Now that you have decided to judge and berate me, you have shown what your argument is truly about. Self-centered fascism.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

My privilege? What privilege would that be? Growing up in poverty? Coming from a family where college is a fantasy and work is a necessity? I could go on, but I don't let adversity hold me back. I don't ***** and moan on the internet, I go out and do something about it. Educate myself, okay I'll let my 4.0 GPA speak for me on that. Now that you have decided to judge and berate me, you have shown what your argument is truly about. Self-centered fascism.

But the system man.. it's all about the system.. Just because you've had to claw and scrap to get by there has been a small set of guys who haven't had to, since they didn't have to we all are to blame. Logic like that can't be argued.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

White, cisgendered, heterosexual, male privilege. Google it. Educate. Yourself.