• jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    <
    lots and lots of Jillian Michael's torture.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    162-1.jpg

Eating fairly clean, lots of protein, heavy lifting. Still have work to do.

wo, impressive
  • truss08
    truss08 Posts: 21
    Options
    Amazing... good for you!
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Here's a blog I posted yesterday:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/allabtlm/view/progress-pics-2008-to-now-243486#comments

It doesn't have any of my exposed belly before, but I think it's enough to get the overall picture. I lift heavy (New Rules of Lifting for Women), do some cardio, and eat at a deficit to get my body fat % down. There's no way to spot reduce, you just have to stick with it and keep whittling away at that bf%.

I don't really believe in ab isolation exercises. I do about 15 minutes of ab isolation per week, and that's only because I teach group fitness classes and they're part of my choreo. I eat pretty high protein, I'm gluten free by necessity which doesn't help anyone without an allergy or intolerance, otherwise my diet is dirty as hell.

How do you have your deficit set?
  • truss08
    truss08 Posts: 21
    Options
    Why does it only have to be after baby pics?? We all lost weight here so every one should be able to share :-) Everyone has enough confidence to and thats a special and great thing :-)
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but here:

BeforeAfter2-1.jpg
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    not the best angle, but there is a belly in this picture (skinny fat) - one of the

263856_111994092229631_111989688896738_102572_2701021_n.jpg

and now, gone

297848_163322040430169_111989688896738_282960_205331607_n.jpg

it might be easier to see it in transformation form here

transformations.jpg

wow, impressive
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    My before pictures are not the best because I did not allow pictures to be taken of me in my bikini.

These are 1 year after 6th baby was born. I normally lose the baby weight easier, but not this time.
    Summer2010-2-1.jpgSummer2010-1-1.jpg

This is me One month ago.
    April2Side-1.jpgMar21-1.jpg

I teach Zumba everyday, but really any cardio will work. I burn around 400-500 calories per day. I eat 1600-1900 calories per day. What I think has helped is what I eat. I eat around 100 carbs/day and 150 protein/day.

I do not do crunches, but a lot of my songs include a lot of pumping the hips, which is like doing crunches standing up. I do planks, and ab vacuums. I highly recommend ab vacuums! Those work your core and actually pull in your abs.

Since I am the teacher, I design my class so we are burning fat but also toning up our muscles. So, when we get rid of that fat, we have pretty lean muscle underneath. I do believe in muscle building, it just makes a body look fit and healthy!

I still have stretch marks and loose skin from having six kids, but it does look a lot better.

Wow, never heard of Ab Vacuums?
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    Before:
    29775_869548316142_10116788_48816093_2656878_n-1.jpg

After:
    IMG_20120404_062423.jpg

Eat well, drink water, exercise (including strength training!!!)

wow wow wow, you look great
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
  • lushunn32
    lushunn32 Posts: 107
    Options
    bump
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Urg my tinypic.com keeps deleting my photo's so I put them on my own site.

This is when it all started
    250.jpg

This is a 70lb loss
    70lbs.jpg

This is since November till the other day
    stomach.jpg

This is just 1 month different.
    1month.jpg
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My belly has went down but not enough that I feel comfortable posting pics. #workinprogress:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Before:
    29775_869548316142_10116788_48816093_2656878_n-1.jpg

After:
    IMG_20120404_062423.jpg

Eat well, drink water, exercise (including strength training!!!)

Wow....you are my shero!!! Hats off to you lady!!! AWWWWWWESOME JOB!!!:drinker:
  • jenniejengin
    Options
    Belly Before/After:
    7434194_2240.jpg7434194_1237.jpg

Back Before/After:
    7434194_8492.jpg7434194_7770.jpg

That was just over 3mos of work...nearly 40lbs, mostly in my belly.

Here's an overall comparison, from one 4th of July, to the next (2010/2011):
    7434194_4814.jpg7434194_7482.jpg

And the workout I used to do it, no gym, no weights...all bodyweight:
    Some of you have been curious about my workout that I used to lose the initial 35+lbs at home. Well, it was 100% bodyweight based, no weights. I'll lay it out here:

This is your basic 5 x 5 template. (To clarify, 5x5 is 5 reps x 5 sets. The idea is to work at a difficulty level where you could only do maybe 7-8 reps on the first set, and are struggling to finish 5 reps on the last set). You would do strength training 3 times a week, say Monday-Wednesday-Friday with the weekends off. These are done "lazy circuits" style, with about 1 minute rest between each set (I use a FT7 HRM and keep my heart rate over 140). The explanations of the exercises you'll use for each group are farther below.

Workout A
    1A. Knee dominant - 5 x 5
    1B. Horizontal push - 5 x 5
    1C. Horizontal pull - 5 x 5
    2A. Ab - flexion - 3 x 5
    2B. Ab - static 3 x 30 seconds

Workout B
    1A. Knee dominant - 5 x 5
    1B. Vertical push - 5 x 5
    1C. Hip dominant - 5 x 5
    1D. Vertical pull - 5 x 5
    2A. Ab - rotation - 3 x 5
    2B. Grip and neck training - 3 x varies

Exercise Progressions - with regular weight training you can just add weight to the bar. With bodyweight progression is mostly about changing your leverage. These are just a few examples, I'm sure we could come up with dozens more if needed. You can always add resistance in the form of a weighted vest or backpack or resistance bands.

Explanations of exercise in order of difficulty (easy-hard)
    1. Knee Dominant -- squats, lunges, step-ups, bulgarian split squats, unilateral bent leg deadlift, partial one leg squat, one leg squat, box or stair pistols, full pistols.
    2. Horizontal Push -- pushups, decline pushups, resistance pushups, side to side pushups, stair one arm pushups, negative one arm pushups, full one arm pushups.
    3. Horizontal Pull -- body row, resistance body row, negative one hand row, incline one hand row, full one hand row.
    4. Ab - flexion -- crunches, situps, resistance or incline situps, reverse situp, resistance or incline reverse situps, hanging knee or leg raise, hanging pikes, rollout from knees, rollout from feet, dragon flag. Also included are oblique moves like side lying crunches with or without resistance and side lying two leg raise.
    5. Abs- static -- 4 point prone bridge, 3 point prone bridge, 2 point prone bridge, 4 point supine bridge, 3 point supine bridge.
    6. Vertical Push -- pike pushup, hindu pushup, divebomber pushup, decline pike pushup, decline hindu pushup, decline divebomber pushup, one arm pike pushup, negative handstand pushup, handstand pushup with head touching floor, full handstand pushup.
    7. Hip Dominant -- supine hip extension, good morning, one leg stiff leg deadlift, split one leg good morning, one leg supine hip extension, hyperextension, one leg hyperextension, natural glute-ham raise.
    8. Vertical Pull -- jumping or assisted pullups, pullups, resistance pullups, side to side pullups, negative one hand pullups, one hand pullups. All these can refer to chinups or neutral grip pullups as well.
    9. Ab - rotation -- twist crunches or situps, resistance or incline twist crunches or situps, russian twists, lying windshield wipers, standing rope rotations, hanging windshield wipers.
    10. Grip and Neck Training -- for grip you can use handgrippers, deadhangs from a pullup bar (especially a fatbar or gripping a towel). For neck nothing beats wrestlers bridges. If you are involved in a striking martial art or sport, finger and fist pushups are very important also.

None of these lists have to end here. If you get strong enough you can always add resistance to your full range of motion one limb exercise. Or if you can do more than 5 one hand pushups do decline one hand pushups, or start working on one hand hindu and then eventually one hand dive bombers, and so on.

The nice thing about this routine is it scales dramatically depending on your fitness level. If you can't do even ONE regular pull up, you can scale it down and do assisted pull ups (legs on a chair), or ballistic pullups (where you jump to provide the initial momentum). It's actually easier to do properly when you're very unfit...because once you're healthy and strong...you're going to be searching for challenging enough exercises to only allow you 5 reps max by the finish of the 5 sets.

Impressed
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant again so this isn't so accurate lol

Before... :(
    whatcanyoudoinayear-1.jpg

After :)
    menow.jpgmebeforebaby.jpg
  • evilstarburst
    evilstarburst Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    nooo f**cking way lol dang...
  • NewMoi1
    NewMoi1 Posts: 36
    Options
    Beautiful results all round.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!