Is Hooters kid friendly?

Options

Replies

• MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    For the most part, their food sucks. Buffalo chicken wings? Eh, not too bad.

But overall, yeah no don't think I'd bring my kids there. It's not meant for kids, just like most bars aren't meant for kids either. IMO.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    It's not meant for kids, just like most bars aren't meant for kids either. IMO.
    Even at restaurants, we ask not to be seated in the bar area with our kids. I think it's better for our kids and fair to the customers who want to sit in a bar without worrying about kids being around. Hopefully, adults behave differently in front of children.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    It might be kid-friendly but why would you take your kids there? I'm a adult and I don't want to go there. Why would my kids?

*shrug*

Some people like the food.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    All these people complaining about the food have never had the buffalo chicken sandwich.....It's very good.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    We nearly took our 4 year old to Hooters because it had a sign up saying that kids ate free until 7pm. I only knew of Hooters by reputation (I'm in the UK), so I was shocked to think kids could go in, but tempted by the offer of free food. Unfortunately it was 7.05, so we didn't go in.

Now, I might consider it, having read your posts. DS is gorgeous and gets a lot of attention from random strangers, and randomly chats to attractive women whenever possible (makes train journeys far more entertaining), so going there at a quiet time, when the waitresses can entertain him, would be perfect. Maybe I would avoid it once the 'kids go free' time is up, as I'm sure the clientele changes after then. Then again, we only go to 'nice' pubs after a certain time too.
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    Options
    Maybe during the day.
    I've gone there for lunch with friends, and it seems pretty tame. Lots of families, and no real obnoxious dancing and stuff.
    In the evenings (especially weekends) I would not be cool with it, not only because of the waitresses, but because of all the drunk men haha
    Either way, I will not be going back any time soon, my sandwich tasted like formaldehyde last time I was there. Made me so sick.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I offended by the uniform, so I don't go there. I am also offended by Hot Dog on A Stick...so I boycot that too...:wink:

In all seriousness...really? They are YOUR children. You can give them any experience you want to. You can take them to Hooters and make a big deal about it, or you can take them to Hooters and order some wings. Or you can not take them there at all and get your wings elsewhere. They will follow YOUR lead. If you want to stand outside Hooters and pray for the girls that work there and the management, do that. If you want to bring them to watch UFC...that is UP TO YOU. They will follow YOUR lead. You may not want them to read/watch Harry Potter because you don't like magic. You may not want them to go to Disneyland because they exploit princesses and rodents. You can't control anyone else's actions, just your own. There are weirdos at Chuck E Cheese, Disney, and even in your own neighborhood.

We are a conservative, homeschooling Christian family, but I know that my kids will follow my lead. Judgement is not the way to go. There is plenty of that. How about being a role model instead? Last time I checked we were all stuck here going through life together -- and if you act appalled at someone's choices for clothing, career, etc, your kids will too. If you just take people where they're at and love them anyway...well, that's what your kids will do too. Then they can start making informed and responsible choices about what they want THEIR lives to look like. If you live in a bubble, your world falls apart when the bubble bursts... You are your kids' moral compass until they can form their own. Be a good one -- in reality, not fantasy.

However, I will say that the fingernail I found in my food the last time I was there kind of cured me. I won't be back to the one near me. And fortunately, we live in an area full of other options, so Hooters doesn't have to be an option when we go out.

There's my 2 cents worth...take it or leave it.
  • BrownsFan16
    BrownsFan16 Posts: 38
    Options
    I find it funny some of the people who downgrade it, go to the beach in the summer.......

Really???
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I prefer Beavers anyway, the food is much better. For picnics and such they have a box lunch.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Only if they are breast-feeding! :noway:
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have never taken my son there, but I am sure he would love it
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    One time I took my Dad there. Haaaah. :laugh: He liked the view and waitresses. The food arrrgh... It was like microwaved deep fried pieces of yucky (fill in the blank). But he liked the view. When we left he was kinda grumpy because it was too loud he couldn't hear a damm thing, and the food was greasy, it upset his stomach. Well his other most favorite place was The Peppermill. He liked the waitresses there alot, and the food was better there.
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    I am shocked at how many people are against taking children to Hooters. Do you not take your kids to the beach either? It's just a restaurant... the high school girls that work at our local ice cream shop are usually wearing shorter shorts than the Hooters girls.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Really? Kids start their life by feeding on a pair of hooters. We all love them, and at all ages!
  • macpatti
    Options
    I am shocked at how many people are against taking children to Hooters. Do you not take your kids to the beach either? It's just a restaurant... the high school girls that work at our local ice cream shop are usually wearing shorter shorts than the Hooters girls.
    Not sure if you read all the comments, but it's not JUST about what they're wearing. It's the atmosphere of a sports bar, it's the other customers that like to go and have adult conversations, it's about the whole concept of the restaurant, etc.

Please tell me that you realize there's a difference between choosing Hooters as a place to have dinner with your children and taking your children to the beach. Why do people even bring that comparison up? Good grief.
  • macpatti
    Options
    We are a conservative, homeschooling Christian family, but I know that my kids will follow my lead. Judgement is not the way to go. There is plenty of that. How about being a role model instead? Last time I checked we were all stuck here going through life together -- and if you act appalled at someone's choices for clothing, career, etc, your kids will too. If you just take people where they're at and love them anyway...well, that's what your kids will do too. Then they can start making informed and responsible choices about what they want THEIR lives to look like. If you live in a bubble, your world falls apart when the bubble bursts... You are your kids' moral compass until they can form their own. Be a good one -- in reality, not fantasy.
    I'm not judging anyone who chooses to take their own kids there. I'm just giving my opinion to the OP.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    How many plus size waitresses do suppose are employed by Hooters?

I would not take my kids there.

Carry on...

I have a plus size friend that applied for a job at Hooters. They did not outwardly discriminate. They said she could have the job if she wanted it, but their uniforms only come in size 4. (true story)

They do outwardly discriminate, and their outfits come in more sizes than just 4. However, the biggest size is an 8.

My sister in law works there. I have some insider info.

Here's a hot one for ya: They are ALLOWED to discriminate, because when you are hired to work at Hooters, you are hired to be an actress. Not a waitress. You 'audition' for the 'part' of a 'server'. This is intentional, because if you are auditioning for a part (rather than hiring for regular employment), you are TOTALLY allowed to choose based on appearance. You can tell them right to their face that they don't fit the look you are hiring for, and not hire them.

After Hooters got themselves in trouble for discriminating against the waitresses they were refusing to hire, they changed their practices to be on the proper side of the law.

Also, some of you should think about how you're speaking about waitresses. Some of these comments are so crazed, they aren't giving sexual favors, they're serving beer. Calm yourselves.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Really? Kids start their life by feeding on a pair of hooters. We all love them, and at all ages!

Like I said, I take my son there so he can reflect
    on the good ol' days.
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    my 1yo stares at the bright shorts usually. my friends 16yo son is speachless....me, i talk to the waitresses. got to be a good role model of self confidence.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you read all the comments, but it's not JUST about what they're wearing. It's the atmosphere of a sports bar, it's the other customers that like to go and have adult conversations, it's about the whole concept of the restaurant, etc.

Please tell me that you realize there's a difference between choosing Hooters as a place to have dinner with your children and taking your children to the beach. Why do people even bring that comparison up? Good grief.

Better not take them outside then...there are adult conversations everywhere.