Looking for Chicken Breast Ideas

Options

Replies

• urnmor
    urnmor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you decide to cook them with skin on take a couple of slices of lemon in place under the skin then grill or bake. I also add salt and pepper or a BBG rub on the skin. Be sure to remove the skin before eating.

Another option is to pound them out an stuff them, then grill them. You can use almost anything for the stuffing. I like sauté mushrooms with peppers, etc.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Slice into strips and stir fry with the vegetable mixture of your choice plus chopped garlic. You can either add soy sauce and serve over rice, or you can add tomato sauce and pasta and then serve.

If I'm feeling really piggy, I'll marinate chicken breast chunks in soy sauce and ginger, pat dry, dip in potato starch, and fry them (it spatters, though, so be warned).

Alternately, marinate chunks and bake. I like a marinade of olive oil, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, but you can do whatever floats your boat. You can also skewer and barbecue them for good kabobs.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    How do you like to cook your boneless, skinless chicken breasts? I get tired of the same old couple recipes and would love to hear your ideas!

Do you have a slow cooker (crock pot) ? If so, here is a recipe I have for "salsa chicken" and my family absolutely :heart: it.....

Salsa Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup salsa
    1 package reduced (low) sodium taco seasoning
    1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle it with taco seasoning, then pour salsa and soup over the chicken.
    Turn heat to low and cook 6-8 hours. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve over rice. (rice not included in nutritional info below)
    Makes 4 servings

Per serving:
    calories 160
    total fat 5 grams
    saturated fat 3 grams
    cholesterol 54 milligrams
    sodium 537 milligrams
    carbohydrates 9 grams
    dietary fiber 1 gram
    protein 18 grams
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    Grilled with Mango salsa on top, veggies on the side.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I do the salsa chicken in the crockpot or baked as well but I put mine over salad. :) Mmmm....
    I also make chicken strips out of mine...makes me feel like I am eating something bad! LOL
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Some of our favorites yet super easy:

all bake at 350:

*Smear on some red curry paste

*pour some salsa on top and sprinkle some cheese

*Smear on some pesto, roll chicken around some mozzarella, I have even used half a stick of string cheese.

I always pound my chicken thin
  • sakeith84
    sakeith84 Posts: 8
    Options
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Put frozen chicken breast in a pan, sprinkle dry onion soup mix over the top of them
    Cover the pan with tin foil and bake for 45 min.
    Remove the tinfoil and bake for another 15 min.

Yum!
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for a few hours. My mom grills it and I'm gonna try baking it sometime. :)

this is what I do too. marinate in lite italian dressing, add seasonings (whatever kind you like) grill or broil it.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Bake the chicken and add Mrs. Dash for seasoning!, then I eat with a side of cooked green beans.
  • JenniferMuriel
    JenniferMuriel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-chicken-piccata/detail.aspx

But cut back on the butter and oil. Plus, I use cocount oil not olive b/c it is solid at room temperature therefore it can take heat better, without oxidation- which is bad for our bodies.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Bump for great ideas.

I recently bought some sesame ginger marinade and it was awesome for something so simple.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • stacygb
    stacygb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here's one my famliy loves!

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

1 bag FROZEN b/s chicken breast or tenderloins
    1 jar salsa
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can corn, drained
    1 envelope taco seasoning

Put everything except taco seasoning in slow cooker. Sprinkle 1/2-1 envelope (adjust to your taste) over the top and lightly mix together. Cook 6-7 hours on low. Stir and shred chicken.

You can serve this as taco flilling, burritos or my favorite over lettuce.

Enjoy!!
  • ninaquelinda
    ninaquelinda Posts: 136
    Options
    Bump
  • Smudjie
    Smudjie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    tonight I am marinating the chicken in roasted red pepper salad dressing :) I hope it turns out good
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Last night I soaked my chicken breast in milk for 15 min and then crushed cornflakes and put in a bag. I added the chicken and like shake and bake and cooked in the oven at 350 for 40 min. It came out really good. The recipe called for parmesan cheese in the cornflakes but I left that out. I also use different shake and bakes when I don't feel like cooking. I go to cooks.com to find recipes as well. We eat a lot of chicken breasts so I am always trying to find new and different recipes.

I soak mine in buttermilk (actually a low fat option) and season the milk with whatever I have around, usually something italian. I let them soak at least over night. It really keeps the breasts from drying out when you bake them. I coat them in panko ITAILIAN (so much better than plain) bread crumbs, give them a quick spray of olive oil and bake them for 25 minutes at 400. I should also add, I only buy cutlets or thin sliced breasts. Hence, the shorter cooking time.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    my easy go-to chicken recipe is ridiculously simple.

I always keep alcohol on hand for cooking (trust me, with the exception of the cooking tequila, none of it is drink worthy)

I cut the massively over sized boneless skinless chicken breasts in halves or quarters (I do not know any one human who can eat a piece of chicken the size they make them now)

cut up some fresh herb, cilantro, parsley, basil, whatever I have on hand.

cut up a fresh clove of garlic.

slap the chicken into some bread crumbs, (lightly, we aren't going for shake-n-bake style here)

drip some olive oil in a baking dish

put chicken in the pan, add some white wine, (usually a $6 chardonnay works best) and some rice vinegar, sprinkle the garlic and fresh herb on top, and bake.

I don't measure. I just add enough wine and rice vinegar for the chicken to have maybe a centimeter of liquid to sit in.

My other recipe, is to buy artichoke hearts in a jar, (italian seasoned ones usually) marinade some chicken breast chunks in italian dressing for an hour, add the artichokes, marinade for another hour, and then cook them up in a frying pan, and plop it on some rice.

simple, but delish. little skill required :)

yum! going to try this.. I never cook with wine, I need to be more adventurous!
  • mimiclown
    mimiclown Posts: 32
    Options
    Italian dressing and add a little garic.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I like doing buffalo chicken sandwiches, and also chicken cordon bleu with 98% fat free ham, and low calorie swiss cheese.
  • pink_girl7
    pink_girl7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump!