ITT: Ask me anything about losing weight..

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• PaigeStephenson
    PaigeStephenson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for your offer of help and answers! Much appreciated.

I am trying to lose a few pounds and have been doing okay so far...this is my first time using this site or tracking my calories and food intake and wondered about Proteins.

I often go over in the protein department but stay within my daily calorie intake. This happens mostly on non workout days (I work out about three to four times a week - jogging and karate). Is this going to interfere with weight loss or should I make the total calorie intake my focus and goal?

thanks in advance!!
    p
  • aiwich
    aiwich Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Am I to take it easy on my workout? I have been sore for the past 2 weeks or so. I workout on weights 3 days a week and walk the rest and my but is constantly sore? Thanks in advance?
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who asked me if she should bump her calories up, after I told her I went to a dietitian who upped my calories because I'm burning way more than I thought. She said that what she's been doing has been working, so my first thought was to keep doing what's working for her, and when she stops losing to eat at maintenance for a couple of weeks and then switch it up. But I'm not certified in anything, and only know what I've read, so I'm asking here in hopes of getting a better answer for her. TIA! :flowerforyou:

I think the answer really depends on how long she has been on a VLCD (and how much of a deficit she was on).

so i am the friend who asked. umm what exactly is VLCD? sorry i am trying to figure this all out and im so confused.

VLCD - Very Low Calorie Diet

oh ok. well i have been doing this since january so 4 months. my MFPnumber theyw want is 1760, i try to net around 1300-1400, and my bmr from the fat 2fit site states 2205. so what should i be eating?? i workout out at least 5 times a week...

Is 2205 your BMR or is it the number in the table (the one that has the activity levels)?

my BMR is 2020 but if i use the chart with the the activity levels it says 2289..
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who asked me if she should bump her calories up, after I told her I went to a dietitian who upped my calories because I'm burning way more than I thought. She said that what she's been doing has been working, so my first thought was to keep doing what's working for her, and when she stops losing to eat at maintenance for a couple of weeks and then switch it up. But I'm not certified in anything, and only know what I've read, so I'm asking here in hopes of getting a better answer for her. TIA! :flowerforyou:

I think the answer really depends on how long she has been on a VLCD (and how much of a deficit she was on).

so i am the friend who asked. umm what exactly is VLCD? sorry i am trying to figure this all out and im so confused.

VLCD - Very Low Calorie Diet

oh ok. well i have been doing this since january so 4 months. my MFPnumber theyw want is 1760, i try to net around 1300-1400, and my bmr from the fat 2fit site states 2205. so what should i be eating?? i workout out at least 5 times a week...

Is 2205 your BMR or is it the number in the table (the one that has the activity levels)?

my BMR is 2020 but if i use the chart with the the activity levels it says 2289..

You should be eating at 2200 - 2300 (no eating of calories back as they are already factored in). You should re-input you stats every couple of weeks or so as these targets change as you lose weight. Also, give it 4 weeks. If you are not losing, drop down by 100 or so and see how that works for a few weeks. The calculations are all based on 'average' people and do not take into account all individual factors - you just need to tweak things if necessary (but give them a chance to work).
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ok I have a question. I've lost about 32lbs recently, and I have about another stone to lose but my body isnt letting go. I definitely still have fat on me as i have that "jellyness". I'm currently doing the 30 day shred and have lost an inch or so, but no weight.

I really want to lost another half a stone, and definitely have fat to lose. Can you help me please? :)
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    When is Sublog coming back ... !!!

Sublog has left the building. Good night and Good bye :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    You should be eating at 2200 - 2300 (no eating of calories back as they are already factored in). You should re-input you stats every couple of weeks or so as these targets change as you lose weight. Also, give it 4 weeks. If you are not losing, drop down by 100 or so and see how that works for a few weeks. The calculations are all based on 'average' people and do not take into account all individual factors - you just need to tweak things if necessary (but give them a chance to work).

Thanks for your help, Sarauk2sf!
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    great. thanks so much
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations on your success!! You are inspirational. Thank you for creating this thread.

I have a few questions.

Firstly, what advice would you give to someone struggling to lose the "last 5 pounds"? Once hitting my goal weight, how will my caloric intake need to change to maintain it? I worry that switching from a LCD to maintenance cals will end up causing weight gain.

Secondly, what are your thoughts on gaining muscle through lifting and cardio combined? I've read that cardio can actually hinder a person's muscle building efforts. but I love running and would choose cardio over strength any day. BUT I want the sleek, strong, defined body that I know only strength training will give me. So what is the optimum amount of cardio and lifting to aid in muscle building for a woman?

Thanks a bunch!!!
  • slporter38
    Options
    Bump
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great information, bumping to review later. Thanks!