WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Barbiecat,

You are right--we were within a few miles of one another. My aunt lives in Kent, east of I-5, off, near the Meeker Street Bridge and just off Lakeside Blvd. I am glad your business meeting went well.:flowerforyou:

I wish there were more summer left.:glasses: After my trip yesterday, I began lamenting that I didn't do any summer trips at all this year, other than day trips within an hour or two of home. The furthest I went all summer was to Seattle.:ohwell:

It appears we will be going back to Seattle the first weekend in November, as my dad's sister and her husband are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. This aunt is only 77 years young. They were married when she was 17 years old and I think my uncle is about 3 years older. He is diabetic, has COPD/asthma and a disposition that is ornery to boot, so his health problems keep my aunt busy pretty much constantly. (To clarify any confusion, this is NOT where we visited this weekend when we saw my dad's sister in law. His brother passed away about 2 1/2 years ago.)

Their daughter (my cousin) is married to the founder of a major men's casual clothing line, and money is never a constraint. Although she lives on the East Coast, she is arranging a lunch at a restaurant in Seattle. I also learned that she wanted everyone together for Thanksgiving, so they are sending a chartered jet to pick up her parents so they can be with all the grandchildren in the East. It might be the last trip my uncle can make, so I am glad he will get the chance.

I am going to have to make some doggie sitting arrangements. I will have Bradley, the upcoming addition to the family by then, so I will have to find someone to come in and check on them that day as we will be gone for at least 12 hours, assuming we go for lunch and return home the same day.

Birdie,

I am not sure about Saturday Night Live. It might be more like "Not Ready for Primetime Players" or a new show we could call "Saturday Night Half-Baked":laugh: :laugh:

Well, I am feeling like it is time to pack it in. :yawn: I managed a 4 mile walk this afternoon, before going to church this evening. Good night to all.:flowerforyou:

Barb
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Good morning ladies! :drinker:

Had a productive enjoyable weekend. I'm excited to only have 3 days left of detox. I'm getting REALLY ready for an omelette and some grilled chicken! These past 3 days the weight has just been melting off! I'm amazed at how much energy I have too.

Over the weekend, I finally hit a major milestone point: After 31 weeks of almost daily exercise and calorie counting, was finally down 25 pounds! :happy: I've lost another since then, so, only 35 more to go....
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Way to go Suzzeque!!!:drinker: :drinker:

Hope you have a great week, and enjoy that omelette!!:flowerforyou:

Barb
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Survived the week-end. I did not over eat. Got to the gym today. I'm hoping I will lose at least 1 pound this Thursday.

:heart: Kathy
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Very impressive Susan! :drinker:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello! Time to brag about my family:laugh: :laugh: Just put up pictures of my grandchildren, Daughters and Son in laws and mom with my sister. :blushing: I just love them all to pieces and had to share them with you!:bigsmile:
    BirdieM:smooched:
  • l_mahloy
    Options
    Well Hello Ladies,
    Beleive it or not I have more bad news as most everyone knows my mom and brother had heart surgery a couple of weeeks ago. Well now my dad just got diagnosed with kidney cancer and will be having that removed on Oct.5. I didn't log in since last Thursday since I just found out that day about my dad. I haven't blown it with food but have struggled with depression since the news. I had to go to the dr this morning a know in my neck it was nothing to worry about thank God my family doesn't need any more bad news, My problem is I have been working out like crazy eatting and logging in every thing and no weight loss. I am talking a minimum of 500 calories each day of cardio and some days as many as 1200. Any ideas about how to get the scale going down? I would like to lose 20 lbs or atleast get down to a size 8 I am now a 10. HELP!!!!!!

lynn:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh Lynn. I will be praying for your family. Remember that you need to stay healthy at this time for your family. Here is a flower for you.:flowerforyou:
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    A question for you post menopausal women...

Does the memory come back??? Brain fog lift??? Do you stop making stupid mistakes at work???
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Believe it or not I have more bad news as most everyone knows my mom and brother had heart surgery a couple of weeks ago. Well now my dad just got diagnosed with kidney cancer and will be having that removed on Oct.5. I didn't log in since last Thursday since I just found out that day about my dad. I haven't blown it with food but have struggled with depression since the news. I had to go to the dr this morning a know in my neck it was nothing to worry about thank God my family doesn't need any more bad news, My problem is I have been working out like crazy eating and logging in every thing and no weight loss. I am talking a minimum of 500 calories each day of cardio and some days as many as 1200. Any ideas about how to get the scale going down? I would like to lose 20 lbs or at least get down to a size 8 I am now a 10. HELP!!!!!!

lynn:sad: :sad: :sad:

(((Big Hug))) :smooched: I understand your frustration.:explode: I had basically the same thing happen when I was under so much stress with my parents. Nothing I did to lose weight worked for over 3 years. About a year after Moma died, I finally began to be able to lose a pound a week. My advice to you is eat healthy and stay as active as possible. Find something that feeds your soul and make time to do that. The weight will come off when your stress levels reduce. Until then, make memories and stop adding extra stress by feeling guilty for not losing.
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Lynn;
    I will be praying for you and all your family members. I am impressed with you for keeping up your exercise and diet under these extremely stressful circumstances. I share your frustration over the scales refusal to move. I think under your circumstances healthy and active is more important for the time being. I do find exercise a real mood balancer in times of stress, and I hope it helps you as well.
    Hang in there! Alice
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    A question for you post menopausal women...

Does the memory come back??? Brain fog lift??? Do you stop making stupid mistakes at work???

I don't remember :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Seriously, I feel better and sharper in a lot of ways now than I did when I was younger and in those areas where I goof up, my sense of humor about the whole thing has improved.

A lot of this may be due to healthy eating and exercise.

I just take life one day at a time and don't take myself too seriously.:bigsmile:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Lynn,

So sorry to hear your news. Take care of YOU. Right now that is the best thing you can do.

Barb
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Lynn,
    Take care & hang in there.
    :heart:
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou: My modem died and can't get on at home until the new one arrives.:sad: Just a quick note
    :heart: WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO Suezzzque:wink: Congratulations
    :heart: Lynn I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    :happy: Everyone keep your eye on the goal:happy:
    :sad: weigh in did not go well for me this week, that rotten scale says I gained 2 lbs.:sad: but it is my own fault. Even though I was doubling up on the exercise and because I was able to get away with eating out (things I know better than to eat ) in previous weeks, I let myself slip into a false sense of security. Back to square one.:cry:
    I am still getting alot of compliments on the weight loss and I am down to a size 14 from an 18. I want to be below 180. Everyone have a wonderful day, Rosemary
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Lynn so sorry about your dad. They say stress can really hinder your weight loss and at the moment there is not much you can do about that. Just keep on eating well and exercise when you can. Maybe some yoga or something to help you relax. If you believe prayer works wonders. Just dont give up and the weight will come off. You and your family are in my prayers. To everyone else good morning and have a great day. I have decided to start over. I have been slipping. I have been very lazy, cheating some and just dont feel as well as I should. I have not heard from doctor about my blood results yet but will just buckle down and get back on the wagon until I do.
    I plan to:
    do my exercise every day
    eat only lean meat and fruits and veggies
    drink lots and lots and lots of water
    write down everything that I eat
    log on and blog each and every day.

Thanks for all of your help ladies. I know without MFP I would have given up already. You ladies keep me accountable.
    Have a GREAT day.
    Vicki M
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Good Morning All

Well I haven't lost an ounce for the month of September. My exercise routine has been sloppy but my physical work around the animals has been much more than is normal for me, and my hours at this time of year are very long. I have been careful on my diet and calories. At the first of the month I raised my calories to 1400 to see if that would help. Obviously not! I do know I have been eating more carbs than normal, such as corn, which I eat plain. I do drink plenty of water everyday.
    I know whatever the block is I am the one responsible, I just need to figure it out. All advice appreciated.
    Still in 12's :explode: come on 10's.

Alice
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Just finished walking with Leslie Sansone. Now its off to Bible Study, then meeting my SiL for a salad. Happy Tuesday y'all! :drinker:
  • HeatherMMB
    Options
    Hi All,
    I have been away for most of September - on vacation from work and weight loss!! only gained a couple of pounds so not too bad. Back to focus and comittment for October. So glad MFP is here and so are all of you!
    Lynn: you and your family are in my prayers - don't worry about the weight - stress can really impact your body chemistry - just work at being good to yourself and finding a way to feed your soul. the weight loss will come and you really don't need any more burdens!
    JPriceGA: yes the brain fog does lift - I think :ohwell: , maybe not, :huh: maybe I am thinking of something else....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: All I know is I love being in my 50's best decade yet!!
    Looking forward to the fall - my favorite season and to getting back on track and seeing those weight loss numbers get bigger and bigger!
    Cheers everyone!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Lynn, You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep focused on yourself also. Your family needs you healthy.

(((((HUGS))))

:heart: Kathy