Do you belong to MFP secretly?

Options

Replies

• karmah2771
    karmah2771 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My husband & children know. People at work know because I introduced them to it. My parents know that I am trying to be more healthy and that I have lost weight. But I have no told anyone else (friends) about it.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Most of my immediate family knows (parents, brothers and their wives - one of my sister-in-laws would like to use it if it works for me - oldest nephew and niece), one aunt and one close friend (because she came over for dinner one night and I showed it to her)

Another close friend knows I'm trying to lose weight but I haven't told him about the site.
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    For the longest I didn't tell anyone that I was on MFP, until recently. I was to embarrassed about my weight loss journey. There is only a select few know I am currently using MFP!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Secretive, only because no one asked.... I am normally on the internet, so just adding food and tracking stuff is easy enough to do without anyone the wiser.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Yeah secretly, I didn't really tell anyone I want to lose weight cause they won't understand.
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No - family know because I am committed to logging every meal and I recommend MFP and FITBIT to anyone who comments on my weight loss at work!
  • dawsenahalsey
    Options
    I have told everyone and i even got some of my family to do it and my husband uses it too now :smile:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone. And I try to get all my friend to join lol
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    When people ask how I've lost weight I tell them about this site. Unfortunately I think most were hoping to hear that I ate whatever I wanted, didn't exercise,and took a magic pill.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend definitely knows I am on MFP...he actually complains that I'm on it all the time. haha!

Lol... me too!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Hubby knows everything. Dysfunctional family is not getting near here:bigsmile:
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My SO knows and a few coworkers know what I use it as a calorie counter but I doubt they even really remember. I've mentioned it in passing. Nobody knows that I am on it as much as I am though. :)
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I didn't tell anyone at first, because I wanted to see if I was really finally ready to make a commitment to this.

After a week, I told the person who inspired me to join.

Beyond that, I didn't really talk about it much to anyone for quite a while - because I wanted to wait until they started to notice the difference before I would tell them what I was doing and how I was doing it.

At this point, I'm still somewhat selective about who I tell about this - but if anyone asks me about it, I'm more than happy to share my experiences with MFP.
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just wondering does your spouse,( significant other), best friends or family, know you are a part of MFP? Or are you keeping it to yourself?

I personally, have not told anyone. Reason - This is something I am doing for MYSELF!

Just me. I told my mom that she should get an account and track food....not sure if she knows I do. I mean, it's not a secret from my mom (but to everyone else, yes).
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    My husband knows alright. He says he's jealous that he didn't find sites like this when he was losing weight. Ha-ha. Score one for me!
  • siobhano_
    siobhano_ Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm a secret MFPer, though I think people wonder why I am always on my iPod touch logging my food :P
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    not so much, i track all this when i am alone. i have mentioned to a few people i know about the site and how it works, and that is about it.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i told everyone that asks! in case they are interested as well....great support and motivation.
  • hannz33
    hannz33 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Actually I haven't told anyone! Not sure why...
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone and my posts come out on FB. I love this site and will promote it whenever I can. I am doing this for myself and with my wife and am proud of my accomplishment, so gonna tell everyone. I'm waiting for bumper stickers and t-shirts to be available.