How did y'all gain your weight?

Options
I gained mine in my twenties and for years did not know what was going on because I ate good ( or at least that's what I thought) ,and worked out regularly, I a gained a massive amount of weight from thyroid issues. I had previosly went from my normal 175 to 216 during my pregnancy and down to 160 after that only to gain way more from complications due to my thyroid and eating a high carb, high soy diet...soy is my enemy apparantly.

I'm done with excuses, I know what works for me and now I'm going to be my normal, athletic, fit yet curvy self again...

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Drinking mountain dew out of 2-liter bottles :)
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I did it with purpose. 5x5 strength training program and 3,500 calories per day.
  • erby2283
    erby2283 Posts: 13
    Options
    Birth control. If I had to do it all over again, would never go on depo provera or the patch EVER!
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    kids, traveling for work, thyroid issues, steroids from MS relapse etc etc...

But that is the past and no more excuses!!!!!
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Stuffing my face....when I got out of college, I got a really good paying job but the hours were hectic, so I would eat out ALL the time, every meal of every day was something already made from some restaurant or another. Oh and plenty of sweets
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Eating.
  • a2902c
    a2902c Posts: 96
    Options
    went from 120 to 200. Law school + unemployment.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    In my teens. I had a very abusive life, and turned to food as a comfort
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater and was always going to "start" Monday......it would start out good and then one little mess up and I was done for the day, told myself you blew today start tomorrow, tomorrow i would blow it and then it was might as well finish out this week and then MONDAY START.....obviously my START MONDAY'S came and went for years....

I gained and lost for so long, I finally have realized if I "mess up" or what I think is a mess up I can get right back on it...before I couldn't..........
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I got comfortable and had 2 kids and went through depression. :<
  • janni73
    janni73 Posts: 1
    Options
    Dealing with anxiety and just sitting and not excerising....
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Birth control. If I had to do it all over again, would never go on depo provera or the patch EVER!

People do not realize how important hormones are!...my thyroid and what I ate messed my hormones
  • mistymamas
    mistymamas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Starbucks every morning. 500 calories. No Bueno :(
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I overate.
  • stretch0823
    stretch0823 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Beer chips and more Beer:drinker:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Stopped playing sports after college, but still ate like I was in season.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Eating too much and being lazy....
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5". I gained weight from having children and my thyroid as well. I went from 128lbs to 215lbs after my first kid and 145lbs to 216lbs with my second kid. I have my thyroid under control now and use it as an excuse to get healthier and more fit.

my goal is to in between 133-138lbs and I know that I can do it!
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    I ate too much.
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    Genetics, eating, laziness....