TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I used the scooby website that the group recommend and it is pretty easy to use

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    I plugged my stats into this calculator. I got 2203 to maintain my current weight and 1872 to lose weight

Yip sounds good ... so if you have been on low calorie diet for months and months then you will need to reset your metabolism as it will not be used to eating more and will have an initial freak out as all of a sudden it is getting fed. But your metabolism will get back into action once your body realises that you will continue to feed it regularly and not be low call-ing it anymore. So you might want to eat at TDEE (2203) numbers for a week or 2 and then go down to cut value (1872) and then you might start to see something or else some people have slowly increased their cals and increased 100-200 cals a week till they get up there to 1872.

One thing is that everyone is different and so is our bodies and so might be an initial weight gain but you will lose it again!

You are best to read up in the group as they have heaps of threads explaining probably better than me. A lot of it is to do with trusting the method and changing your outlook. My biggest battle was sticking with it because as i would see a slight gain or no change i was freaking as all i wanted to do was lose. I ate at TDEE for 3 weeks and then down to cut value now (-15%) and jumped on scales and lost. Some people don't see scales move but they do lose inches. Scales are only a number but inches actually means smaller clothes and smaller body. They also recommend lifting weights if you can but i didn't and you don't have to either but they say it gives you a nice shape thats all.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Is it okay if I increase my calorie intake little by little? I'm not sure if its good or bad to surprise my body by suddenly upping my cal by 400-600.

Yes thats fine I did that didn't want to shock it too much and it's then easier to do :)
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    bump
  • pennybutton
    pennybutton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    Bump
  • tracek1ng
    tracek1ng Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: bump ................to read later
  • tracek1ng
    tracek1ng Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Someone help me out here ..please

My BMR is 1620
    My TDEE is 2219 (i've said i am slightly active workout 2/3 times a week)

So I take my TDEE - 15% = 1887? Is this what i eat each day of the week regardless of if i work out or not???
  • SassyAshleigh
    SassyAshleigh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    bump...and here goes nothing!

No here goes eerything!

This changed my life and body!
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I really want to learn more about this, I joined the group a few days ago but have not had chance to explore it yet.
  • shellbee381
    shellbee381 Posts: 26
    Options
    bump
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    April 2012 I worked out hard. I ate as little as possible.. Netting 1200 calories...PLAIN OLD STARVING !! All that hard work and and I only lost 2 lbs. the entire month. Some people said switch your routine other said eat less,try low carbs ...NONE OF THAT WORKED for me. Then one of my pals started the group EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS.. Bam !!!! I found the answer for me. I lost the 1 lb I gained plus 2 more lbs after a 2 week metabolism reset.This is not a one size fit all journey.What work for you may not work for me !! I read the topics ,threads and watched the videos they have available that suggested upping my calories...YES...eating more food to lose the weight. I could not rap my brain around it...BUT it was the one thing I had NOT tried..I figured why not...I did a metabolism reset which means move your calories to maintenance which is your tdee total. I gained one lb so I figured my body was responding to the increased calories. Then I did a 15 % cut which is your tdee total minus 15 percent which totaled 2009 calories per day for me. I rounded the number to an even 2000 calories a day.GUESS what the weight is coming off again !!!

YOU can get your bmr and tdee numbers on www.fitnessfrog.com

I TRY LIVE BY THESE PRINCIPLES NOW...

I should never net below my bmr
    1.Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) quantifies the number of calories your body burns in its idle statesuch as sleeping.

I should not splurge over my tdee...
    2.TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) quantifies the number of calories you burn in a day. This measure is best estimated by scaling your Basal Metabolic Rate to your level of activity. TDEE is critical in tailoring your nutrition plan to desired fitness goals.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS GO TO THE GROUP "" EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS '''

MFP pal Anewlucia started the group EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS ....I copied and pasted this information below from one of her threads that may helpful.

What is BMR?
    Your basal metabolic rate, or BMR, is the minimum calorific requirement needed to sustain life in a resting individual. It can be looked at as being the amount of energy (measured in calories) expended by the body to remain in bed all day!

What is TDEE?
    TDEE is the common abbreviation for Total Daily Energy Expenditure which is a metric to calculate the amount of calories your body needs to function in a day. This is quite similar to BMR; in fact, you need your BMR to calculate your TDEE; but your TDEE accounts for your average daily activity as well to give a figure truer to your specific situation. Basically, the TDEE calculation relies on categorizing your daily activity into one of the metrics' predetermined groupings:

Sedentary - desk job and little to no exercise
    Lightly Active - light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk
    Moderately Active - moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk (****SIDE NOTE - even if you have a desk job most people fit right here when you workout 3-5 days a week)
    Very Active - hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk
    Extremely Active - hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or training
    Once you have determined where you fit in on the TDEE activity rate scale, this activity rate is used to weight your BMR giving you a more accurate assessment of how many calories you really need throughout the course of the day.

Here is a link to a site that you plug in your information and it will provide your BMR and TDEE along with your Cut value (again, if you workout 3-5 times a week select "Moderate" and the "Select Your Goal" option you will select is "Lose Fat - 15% caloric reduction.

You can get your bmr and tdee number from here :http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators

So now, you should have your BMR, TDEE, and Cut Value (TDEE - 15%)

Here is a video that talks about this in great detail that hopefully will clear up any questions you may have:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYi9xjIRvbY&feature=g-all-u

If TDEE is figured out correctly, then exercise cals don't *have* to be eaten back because, technically, TDEE figures them in. The underlying factor here, is that most people underestimate their activity levels, (for fear of being told to eat "too much") and then proceed to under eat. If a person is burning 1000 cals/day in exercise, then that should be figured into their TDEE, meaning their TDEE should be AT LEAST 1000 cals more than their BMR. If this is not the case then they are undercutting themselves on the cals. So a person w/a BMR of 1300, that puts up 1000 cal burns should have come up w/a TDEE calculation of 2400 or more. So any situation where a person is not getting those calculations, they should be eating back some of those exercise cals.

So if you come up w/BMR=1300, TDEE=1800, you need to either A)eat back some cals, or B) recalculate your TDEE to include the *actual* burns that you're getting.

So to cut using *true* TDEE figures, you'd just eat a flat TDEE (-15%), as long as TDEE is correct. It should be fine. But if you are using MFP's calculations, or are not getting a TDEE that includes the amount you burn each day *plus* BMR, you need to eat back some exercise cals.

Wow, I read your email last night as I dozed off, with over 20 some odd emails and trying to keep up with the group, I passed out with phone in hand thinking that is awesome. I sure didn't expect to see what I saw this morning...lol!

Awesome thread and way to pay it forward. So awesome to stop starving. Moderation is key not deprivation. You don't have to suffer through weightloss.

EM2WL is not about dropping it quick to regain quicker, but losing slow, toning muscles, limiting precious muscle loss, and burning off the fat. It doesn't happen over night, but for most losing at 1200 isn't doing it either, so why not give something you have never done a try. And be ready to give it a chance, many have to wait 6 weeks for the body to realize it is ok to start letting go of the weight. Amazing how we will try all variations of starving and are quick to jump ship with EM2WL, just give some time, it works!

Lady you rock!

Kiki and I try hard to keep up with the questions, but the group is growing so fast we are working together to create a way to make things easier. EM2WL for life...taking back our life...one meal at a time.
  • kyladyrider
    kyladyrider Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed it works! I was doing 1200 plus eating back exercise calories for about three months until this "Biggest Loser" program at work ended. I did do awesome, but was tired of dieting, so figured it was a good time to tweak the numbers. Raising my calorie goals has seen continued success and I'm not starving. I'm almost to maintenance, so about to raise it up a little higher in the next few days and see what happens. First goal was 130, but if this works might go an extra 5 or 10 that I never thought was possible.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.

My BMR is 1350 and my TDEE (from my FitBit) is around 2000 on an average of a months data.

when eating as 1300 and 1500 I lost no weight. I ate at 1800 for a month and lost 2lbs and then stopped again, I am now trying eating at maintenance, so 2000, as I am more bothered about inch loss than anything. Also, it should help to determine if my TDEE is correct.

I feel so much stronger eating more. I'm able to put more into my workouts, my muscles feel stronger when I'm lifting, I'm getting better quality sleep and my mood is better.

Also - this is a plan I can stick to for life, which is the aim of the thing, after all.
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    I'm amazed it works! I was doing 1200 plus eating back exercise calories for about three months until this "Biggest Loser" program at work ended. I did do awesome, but was tired of dieting, so figured it was a good time to tweak the numbers. Raising my calorie goals has seen continued success and I'm not starving. I'm almost to maintenance, so about to raise it up a little higher in the next few days and see what happens. First goal was 130, but if this works might go an extra 5 or 10 that I never thought was possible.
    [/quote
    Thanks for sharing your experience with eating more. Congrats
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Also - this is a plan I can stick to for life, which is the aim of the thing, after all.

THAT'S what it's all about!! I was killing myself to get the weight off, then gaining it right back every time I ate "normal".

I was cranky, tired, irritable, driving my husband and kid insane.

No more. I'm in it for life, baby...

I took my life BACK!! :drinker:
  • senordeny
    senordeny Posts: 3
    Options
    bump