Wii Fit Team - September!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• 15togonar
    Options
    30 mins. with EA active on Friday.
  • randkwellborn
    Options
    Have a Wii Fit and LOVE IT! I had to stop using it for a while since I pulled a muscle in my chest and my local dr thought I was having a heart attack. News to him that the cardiologist got upset with him because I had no signs or symptoms and my ekg was that of a 20 year athletic woman (just like my blood work) and not that of a 44 yr old obese woman, lol. :laugh:
    My husband and I work out for 15 min in the morning and 15 in the evening with our wii fit. So heres hoping it all goes away.
  • Betina9181
    Options
    I am thinking about buying a wii fit. Does anyone know of any fitness games that you can buy or do they come with the game system?

279941.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Just letting everyone know that Wii Fit Plus came out today and I would HIGHLY recommend it if you love your Wii Fit. It takes Wii Fit to the next level, period. I love the fact that you can build your own routine of Yoga and Strength exercises and it will save it for you to do whenever you want it. I just did a 30 minute routine and it does not stop you in between each exercise, it goes right through it just like a real workout.

Also, it has more balance and aerobic games! Fun ones, too!

And I can't forget to mention that IT COUNTS THE CALORIES YOU BURN! I repeat, IT COUNTS THE CALORIES YOU BURN!!!! NO MORE GUESSING! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Just thought I would pass along this information!
    -Ian
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    omg I kind of need it
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    I think I will check it out. Thank you for the info.
  • ianconway
    Options
    I wrote a Review/First Impressions about the Wii Fit Plus on my blog here at MFP.

Check it out!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ianconway
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I bought the Wii Fit Plus yesterday and I really like it, but, I thought I would be able to build my own workout routine. You can ONLY add strength and yoga exercises. Neither of which I do. My activities are all Aerobic. These have not changed at all, so if this is the way you use your Wii Fit, then you really dont need the new game. It does track your calories, but this is the only upgrade that I am getting for my $20.....the new games are fun for my son, but I really only do step and freestep.
  • brwnsgr
    brwnsgr Posts: 78
    Options
    I to purchased the new WII FIt on yestersday and I really LOVE it:heart: . I love the fact that it counts the calories for you, and I like the new games that were added, I enjoy the juggling, marching in the parade and segway circuit, it really works your arms and calfs.:happy:

I would really recommend it, I was on it for 45 minutes yestersday. Oh, it also have a multiplayer feature where everyone in the family can take a turn
  • ianconway
    Options
    I to purchased the new WII FIt on yestersday and I really LOVE it:heart: . I love the fact that it counts the calories for you, and I like the new games that were added, I enjoy the juggling, marching in the parade and segway circuit, it really works your arms and calfs.:happy:

I would really recommend it, I was on it for 45 minutes yestersday. Oh, it also have a multiplayer feature where everyone in the family can take a turn

The Segway Circuit is REALLY good for calf muscles! Oh man, I did the advanced course this morning and I could feel 'em screamin!

-Ian
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the 411 on the Wii Fit PLUS. i was wondering A) when it was coming out... B.) if it was worth upgrading to. I'll probably check it out, just based on what i'm reading. Every little bit of extra motivation counts :)

One thing i've learned in this whole process.. is to simply love yourself. don't give up if you have a day where you go over. it's all ok!! just focus on the bigger picture.

I'm also doing something you might consider 'unconventional ' (though it should be termed Traditional!)-- I've just started a whole foods lifestyle change. I was inspired by Christina Pirello's book "cooking the whole foods way'. She doesn't eat dairy, though.. so mine will be a little variation of her recipes, along with a few other books i've picked up along the way. (there's no way i'm giving up dairy!)
    This is a first for me-- i can't remember a meal my mom cooked since i was very young, that did not include processed foods-- and that spilled over to adult life.

yesterday while i was cooking some things, I blasted out 50 minutes on the freestep :) so i guess i can' t say i don't have time to cook from scratch anymore :) LOL.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Wow, 50 minutes, that's great. I push to do the 30 minutes. I did do the 4 mile torture today, but my stomach was hurting. That will teach me to eat all those nasty foods! LOL
  • 15togonar
    Options
    50 minutes is great!!! It goes by so fast when it is something fun... On monday i did 30 minutes step aerobics and 30 minutes EA active.
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome! great workouts, everyone... keep it up :)

50 minutes does seem like a lot (ok it is. LOL).. My blood was definitely moving for a good half hour after i stopped... but I can tell you it was so worth working up to it.

I used to get so out of breath walking up the eons of stairs from the platform of my daily train-- only to have to walk up a hill to get to the other set of stairs to go down, to get back to my car. I noticed yesterday that I was barely breathing differently after completing that task... so it really does pay off! This is after just 2 weeks of routine walking on my lunchbreak and putting in some time on the wii fit.

The health benefits of using wii & wii fit, and in conjuction with doing some kind of aerobic exercise daily- whether it is for 15 minutes 2xs per day ... or a straight hour..are GREAT! Don't get discouraged! Every little bit counts :)
    So even if a pound is not lost, it's great to realize and experience the overall fitness and cardiovascular benefits :)

Has anyone else tried the Active Life Outdoor Challenge?

It reminds me of the old nintendo powerpad. It's also a lot of fun-- if you ever want to mix up your routine. And of course, you can always then log into wii and record your fitness manually.

The scary lady on the british show 'you are what you eat' recommends a schedule of at least 30 minutes of cardio 3xs per day. (30 min before each meal). that's the goal i'm working towards.

Happy wii fit' ing today!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Wow! I had a lot of posts to catch up on.

Welcome all newcomers!

I am going to run out and buy the Wii Fit Plus as soon as I can this weekend. From both the pros and the cons, I think it will be good for me.

Ladies- please don't ignore strenght /yoga. The older you get, the better these things are for you keeping your bones strong. I'm old and I wish I had started this kind of excercise sooner. I had always been one to just go for the aerobics. lol Even still it is hard for me to do. I get bored or interrrupted.

Hang in there all,

JAM
  • Jovialation
    Options
    yesterday I threw on the 30 min free walk 2 times in a row while watching tv...used my hand weights and did mostly high stepping too. My legs are a little sore today.

Best part was that by the end of the 2nd half hour I was on total auto pilot.
    Got about 3300 steps each time too!
  • Lisar97
    Lisar97 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got the wii fit last week. I have to be careful of some of the running and jumping type exercises because I live in an apartment that is far from soundproof and I don't want to be rude to the neighbors. I was so sore for days from the gold's gym boxing but it was so much fun. It won't replace my outside walks most days but it's a nice addition and a good replacement for bad weather, etc.
  • brwnsgr
    brwnsgr Posts: 78
    Options
    How do you watch TV and do the free step, when I tried it didn't work.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I just switched my source over to the cable box instead of the wii and watched stuff on my dvr and listened for the wiimote to tell me I was done...
    so if your wii and cable are on the same channel it wont work
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    After my week off (from the Wii), I'm starting back tonight. I hope I haven't back slided too far.

My busy weekend with out of town family here went pretty well. We averaged about 1700 calories a day while not a "diet", still not over eating. We had cake, ice cream and a lot of good healthy low calorie dishes.

Tomorrow I weigh myself, so I'll see what kind of damage was done.

JAM