whats the worst "food myth" you have heard?

Options

Replies

• inraptorswetrust
    inraptorswetrust Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That dairy is "healthy."
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    That dairy is "healthy."

lol
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That humans weren't designed to eat meat and when you eat meat it doesn't digest it rots in your stomach. Give me a break. Go look in a mirror at those incisors and tell me what they're there for, it's certainly not to shred lettuce.

(This coming from someone who doesn't eat meat most of the time for ethical reasons haha but I still think meat is the best source of protein!)
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    That humans weren't designed to eat meat and when you eat meat it doesn't digest it rots in your stomach. Give me a break. Go look in a mirror at those incisors and tell me what they're there for, it's certainly not to shred lettuce.

(This coming from someone who doesn't eat meat most of the time for ethical reasons haha but I still think meat is the best source of protein!)
    You wouldn't believe some of the *kitten* these raw vegans believe...
    This one raw vegan ("Dan-the-man"/liferegenerator on Youtube) seriously believes that lions prefer to first go for a zebra's organs (stomach) to get at the plants in the zebra's stomach. Thinking that lions instinctively would prefer to eat plants over flesh...WTF is this guy on?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

This one raw vegan ("Dan-the-man"/liferegenerator on Youtube) seriously believes that lions prefer to first go for a zebra's organs (stomach) to get at the plants in the zebra's stomach. Thinking that lions instinctively would prefer to eat plants over flesh...WTF is this guy on?

apparently he OD'd on plants
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Totally agree that the rot in your stomach thing is BS - but have you seen the size of gorilla's incisors? They are basically vegetarians.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    if you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

THIS^
    I was singing this lie by the age of 2.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    snickers really satisfies you
  • Victœria
    Victœria Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That Milk is good for you!
    It is 18% Udder puss. eurgghhhhhh!
  • Victœria
    Victœria Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This happends to be true.. watch a nature program why dont you.
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    lots of onion = lots of cha cha's. I heard this back in my teenage days!!!
  • Rockerchick77
    Options
    damn my quote didn't take.....great quote of the Pink Floyd song!!

eating lettuce is all negative calories
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Fat free has more taste and great flavor
  • jsimm31
    jsimm31 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know someone who insists that watermelon makes you bloated because of all the water in it.....
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

Hah ... rather than going for the organs because they're the most concentrated sources of nutrients? lolol.
    If lions instinctively preferred to eat plants, there are plenty all around them. :P
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    "Soda and coffee count towards your daily water" Unfortunately, there are a lot of people on MFP that still believe this too! :noway:

Actually. all pop is is carbonated water with flavoured glucose syrup. It's not like the water all of a sudden doesn't absorb into your body because it has syrup in it. Same with coffee. It's WATER run through ground up beans.

The water doesn't just "not count" or dissapear.

lol right, then go ahead and bathe in it if its good enough to bathe your insides with.

lol if the "inside of your body" needed to be bathed the same way skin and hair do your comment might have some merit.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    That Milk is good for you!
    It is 18% Udder puss. eurgghhhhhh!

18%? Hahaha.

Somewhere between 85 and 90% (usually 87-88) of milk is water. I hate to break it to you, but even if EVERYTHING ELSE were somatic cells (which it's not) you still wouldn't hit 18%.

Try getting sources from somewhere other than PETA.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    diet sodas are equivalent to water since it has zero calories

When I was doing Weight Watchers eons ago, the leader told us that caffeine free diet soda could count towards your 8 cups of water per day. Seems kinda silly!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    diet sodas are equivalent to water since it has zero calories

When I was doing Weight Watchers eons ago, the leader told us that caffeine free diet soda could count towards your 8 cups of water per day. Seems kinda silly!
    ehh---well it is water. would carbonated water count?
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine thought that all the white stuff on a newborn baby was LARD! Apparently if you eat a high fat diet when you're pregnant, your baby is born covered in lard!!
    :huh:

If only that were true - my daughter would have been MUCH easier to get out !!! lol