Today was the first time I've ever been called a fatty.

Options

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    What an ego. I bet his self esteem is severly low. beause I know for a fact it is. Sorry excuse for a human being. I can't wait to see the look on his face when you walk in and walk in and go Angelina Jolie on him! lol (meaning beautiful)
  • shanchamber
    shanchamber Posts: 29
    Options
    Here's some encouragement, if it will do any good. I was once very, very obese. Nobody then ever referred to me as fat. I think because I was invisible to them--this big blob that they didn't even want to contemplate. Now that I've lost 145 lbs. and am merely on the sort of chubby, size 14-side of normal, I get called fat *all the time*. By people who see me out riding my bike. By random strangers in coffee shops who suggest that just losing 20 or 30 lbs. would make me hot. Someone recently suggested that I would have trouble fitting into an airplane seat. Ironically, I have no trouble anymore, although I was once very worried that I would be denied boarding because of my weight. Sometimes, getting in better shape makes people who have no business doing so scrutinize you more carefully. It sucks, but I always look at the naturally svelte and think, "I work harder at this harder than you can possibly imagine or could ever manage. I am probably in better shape than you, if you define shape as ability to perform physical activities without getting winded. So STFU."
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    UGH he is projecting his own self-consciousness. you are NOT a fatty. you're not. fatties dont try, fatties don't eat well, and fatties are totally different from you!!!

don't let this jerk bring you down, know that you're better and healthier than him and feel free to tell him you found that incredibly rude and that if he's having a bad day or feeling bad about himself, not to wrap you up in it!!!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Anyone that tells you, you’re less than beautiful,
    Is a fool and not worth your time.
    All of God’s creations are quite viewtiful
    If you didn’t understand this, I will gladly repeat my Rhyme
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Spike his coffee Monday with a laxative..:devil:
    '

This.
    Im sorry this jerk hurt your feelings.
  • bigdal77
    bigdal77 Posts: 69
    Options
    just use it make him eat his words he is a total prick and your so beautiful :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a chat with human resources is in order... Probably not the first time he's been a jerk, probably won't be the last. If they are looking to cut back in the future, the guy who insults people will probably be first on the chopping block.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Spike his coffee Monday with a laxative..:devil:

:laugh:
  • JENROMERO
    JENROMERO Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Can't fix stupid either! Don't let him hurt you. (I know it did sting.) So sorry.... Consider it motivation to prove him wrong.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This was a co-worker? A non-friend co-worker? I would seriously report that comment to HR. It might sound like an over-reaction, but it's not. Those kinds of comments should NOT be made by anyone, to anyone - the workplace environment is one place where we CAN control that... outside of work, if someone says it in a grocery store or bar, no real recourse. At work, they can and should be held accountable.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a chat with human resources is in order... Probably not the first time he's been a jerk, probably won't be the last. If they are looking to cut back in the future, the guy who insults people will probably be first on the chopping block.

^Exactly. If he's making inappropriate comments like that to you (coupled with the dismissive way he spoke to that other co-worker), he's probably doing the same with a lot of other people.
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you should have said " and I'm talking to an idiot about the same thing" :) and smiled and walked away....

LOL, that would have been beautiful! Seriously though don't let an ugly person have the ability to hurt you. People just really suck sometimes!!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    That was very rude of him!! He was completely out of line.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with a co-worker like this. I changed his license plate frames with something inappropriate. He still can't understand why other guys keep honking, our waving at him. Tee hee hee...
  • jwlav
    jwlav Posts: 31
    Options
    I get called a "Fat F$*k" at work all the time! There are lots of A-holes out there, that is for sure! Use it to your advantage. I got really tired of being called that.. almost every day at work... so now I am very motivated to reach my goal. those punks have fuled the fire!! And for that, I thank them!.. Thank you A-Holes!:flowerforyou:
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that happened but you need to turn that terrible feeling that you have right now and use it as a new goal. You show that $#%& person that you are better than him both mentally and physically.

:wink:
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I agree with every name this person has been called and also think you need to talk with HR. There is no place in the workforce for that type of behavior.

I would also like to give you my favorite quote.."No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." This is by Eleanor Roosevelt and hangs on my wall next to my monitor.

Do not let this person take any type of control over you. You are strong, beautiful, and do not deserve this.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    I know how you feel...I finally got the courage to get on a bicycle for the first time in YEARS and I was scared and happy all at the same time..and I was riding it down the sidewalk and a couple guys drove by and 'mooed' like cows out the window at me...It hurt, for a moment..but not deeply...not incurably.

God does not see as man sees. For man sees outwardly, but God looks at the heart. One single smile from Him, ...that's worth a million bad things that people think and say on this earth. And He was smiling that day...His daughter had the courage to get on a bicycle and ride it down the sidewalk so she could do something fun and exciting with her son. (and he was smiling too)...

You just think of who you make smile throughout your day and your lifetime...THOSE are the ones that matter in your life!!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with a co-worker like this. I changed his license plate frames with something inappropriate. He still can't understand why other guys keep honking, our waving at him. Tee hee hee...
    AWESOME!!!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    So I think I am about to make some enemies but I feel the need to say it. It is my opinion.

First off, you really don't look fat so I am not too sure what he was talking about. My wife calls me a chubby chaser so I am not sure if i am the right critic of weight. And I was fat so my view may be a little skewed.

But what bothers me is why it's not ok to be called fat. I was fat. My doctor coddled me and said I could stand to lose a few pounds but I was fat. People who are on here are working towards a goal, to be healthy. Losing weight is one way it happens. But call it what you will, overweight, obese, pleasantly plump, big boned, whatever it's still fat. People say it should motivate you and it should but you have already motivated yourself so well done. I wish someone would have just been blunt with me earlier. Also, if it's not ok for him to call you fat then why is it ok for anyone here to suggest retaliation. Hypocritical? I think so.

I am not trying to take anything away from what you have done or what I know that you will do. People just need to understand that whether because of a medical reason or just because of eating too much, people can be fat.

Good luck. I know you will succeed.