Did not ask for criticism

Options

Replies

• Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    well... good luck if you ever start eating again.
    I had a friend that did that, and she gained it all back and then some.

That's kinda my thought- to each their own...I probably won't want them on my FL but we do what works for us...I just can't see how it's possible to eat like that forever...
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    i think you were highly successful on getting people to stop critizing you by making this post... i mean heck 6 pages later and it seems people are just thinking your a freaking genius now for figuring it all out...

if you dont like it.. dont tell people how you do it.. just enjoy the site and keep your **** private.. simple

I'm very happy with what I'm doing. It's just very irritating when you have know it all's post what they believe to be true.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    POSTING IN A PUBLIC FORUM = ASKING FOR CRITICISM
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sigh...

This makes me sad.

I think I will go eat a 700 calorie lunch... in addition to my 600 calorie breakfast, and my planned 500 calorie dinner, and my 300 calories worth of snacks, and the budgeted 400 calories worth of Friday night beverages.
    And continue to be fit and healthy and strong with properly functioning organs.

You can eat 2500 calories and still be fit?? Is that maintenance or are you still losing? I love food- I find it difficult to keep it under 1270 unless I work my butt off...jealous! :drinker:

MFP is notorious for perscribing calorie goals that are too low. You should AT LEAST be eating BMR. I typically eat between BMR and maintenance for a sedentary lifestyle. Then, I attempt to log at least 10,000 steps a day. That puts me between 1800 and 2300 calories a day. My TDEE can be as high as 3500 calories a day so I'm still losing either way.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I think quibbling about it was just nitpickyness for the sake of being nitpicky.

My BMI was once 30. I didn't appreciate being referred to as "morbidly obese."

So was mine. But I don't jump to conclusions about what other people are saying.
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sigh...

This makes me sad.

I think I will go eat a 700 calorie lunch... in addition to my 600 calorie breakfast, and my planned 500 calorie dinner, and my 300 calories worth of snacks, and the budgeted 400 calories worth of Friday night beverages.

You can eat 2500 calories and still be fit?? Is that maintenance or are you still losing? I love food- I find it difficult to keep it under 1270 unless I work my butt off...jealous! :drinker:

Check this out - most people can still eat that much and be fit.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    no one ever ASKS for criticism........
  • nucreeman
    nucreeman Posts: 40
    Options
    Eating 600-800 calories does not qualify as HEALTHY weight loss, regardless of WHO you ask.

Unless the person you are asking is a Doctor... in which case, yes, it can be a healthy way to lose weight. I will simply repost an earlier reference:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/low-calorie-diets

From the article: "Very low-calorie diets are generally safe when used under proper medical supervision in people with a body mass index (BMI) greater than 30."
    I tried eating probably less calories than this, I was loosing 5 pounds a week..... It was the worse that I felt in my life. I was weak, sick, and I had pneumonia three times. The last time that I had pneumonia before I came to my senses, I barely could get out of bed. People have a right to choose whatever their poison is, I just dont think that you should glamorize, and try to pull others into it. That's an eating disorder, and whoever is not telling you that is doing more harm.
  • thewifeybea
    Options
    I don't think it's criticism, it's concern... A lot of folks here are about being healthy, not just losing weight and they're concerned that your extremely low calorie diet is going to eventually be a health problem for you. I'll agree with you somewhat that starvation mode is an over used bro-science term but there is something behind not eating enough to fuel your body and provide it with enough nutrients and possibly messing up your metabolism. A friend of mine underate for many years but was still obese and is now working on eating right in order to try to reset her metabolism.

Do what works for you but remember that when you post things on a public forum, you're likely to get all kinds of feed back, good and bad. Ignore the bad if you don't want to have to explain yourself all the time. Responding just fuels the fire... Starting threads like this doesn't help much either... You're going to get some "aw, poor baby" response like you have but there will always be people like me and the one with the pug avatar (sorry, can't remember username) who will respond otherwise.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i think something needs to be pointed out.. she has made up her mind.. she is going to do it the way she wants.. and no matter what anyone tells her and shows her.. she is doing it the way she feels is best for her..

This whole post is a waste.. i mean .. dont make fun of me for only eating this much...... what did she expect to happen..everyone who are keyboard tough guys would say.. well ok since you asked nice.

let it go
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I say don't listen to the haters. I don't think you need to eat at all....then it will fall off even faster. Good luck in your journey.
    In some of my recent comments on other posts I find I'm being criticised for how I choose to lose my weight. First and foremost I would never ever recommend someone else lose weight the way I am losing it. My diet is strickly my diet. What works for me may not work for you, what I believe to be true you may believe in something different. That's what makes us human. If we all believed the same thing this would be a boring place. All I ask is for people to stop and remember that just because you believe something does NOT make it a fact, it's only your belief. Even if you think it's a fact I'm sure there are sites that will say differently. Each of us believe the way we believe and do not need to be put down for that. Just because you did something and it impacted you negatively does not mean that it will do the same for me. Just because you may have an ED because of the way you ate does not mean that it happens to everyone. I joined this group to be supported not criticised. I don't believe in starvation mode...it's a made up word for stalling out and used to scare you into doing things the way someone else's wants you to do them,, but if you believe in it then okay, but don't push it on me. I don't believe eating 600 to 800 calories a day will cause me to have an eating disorder. I don't believe that eating 600 to 800 calories will cause me to gain weight because my body is eating away at my muscles instead of the fat. If I'm comfortable eating this way then it's non of your concern. I'll ask you when for help when I need it. I don't like being criticised and I'm sure you don't either. All I'm aksing is a little respect for who believe differently than you do.
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    :huh: Well then! I wasn't aware you were a doctor! I mean, clearly you have all the healthy answers!!

So, does this 600-800 calorie diet come with bumps of coke too?

HAHAHA OMG
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with what I'm doing. It's just very irritating when you have know it all's post what they believe to be true.
    So, why would you post what you believe to be true? This is a public forum -- a place for exchange of ideas and opinions.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sigh...

This makes me sad.

Check this out - most people can still eat that much and be fit.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Thanks for the link! I probably should have mentioned that I find it so diffcult to stay under 1270 that I never do...I'm not sure I'm eating at TDEE but I'm losing and I usually eat around 1700-1900 cals/ day...I don't deprived at all and I eat when I'm hungry regardless of cals left. And more than the MFP calculations (which I rarely follow), I blame those damn red numbers that come up when you go over...why do they have to be red???? I'm in the camp of people that uses MFP for guidelines rather than commandments!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    This whole post is a waste.. i mean .. dont make fun of me for only eating this much...... what did she expect to happen..everyone who are keyboard tough guys would say.. well ok since you asked nice.
    I'm more of a keyboard intellectual. :drinker:
  • adampk17
    adampk17 Posts: 15
    Options
    Why don't you write a post about it?

That should fix the problem of getting too much attention.

LOL, this is exactly what I was thinking.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Sigh...

This makes me sad.

I like you.

i like her too! you should!
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm truly ashamed for some of you and the responses you've made. Can you not disagree with someone without being so snarky? How is being like that helpful in any manner? Does it help boost your own ego to ridicule others? You must be so proud of yourselves. Unreal.....
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm truly ashamed for some of you and the responses you've made. Can you not disagree with someone without being so snarky? How is being like that helpful in any manner? Does it help boost your own ego to ridicule others? You must be so proud of yourselves. Unreal.....

Who are you talking to?
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Dissolution of soft tissue and skeletal mass are not ill effects?

The study said, "These increases may be due to dissolution of excessive soft tissue and skeletal mass."

I think the key word is "excessive." So I guess the answer to your question is "no, not when they are excessive soft tissue and skeletal mass."
This discussion has been closed.