EHst9l.jpg
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    ^^Yeah sure if you count the photoshop diet
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Since this thread is asking for opinions, I Googled it, and yes, she is overweight.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 180. I just made it out of the obese category and into overweight on the bmi chart. I am fat. I am trying to not be fat. From aclinical pov, adele is most likely obese. She is an amazing singer, but she is obese. Labels suck. Reality sucks sometimes. But it is reality. If you don't like reality, change it or get over it.

And why is saying someone is fat, such an awful thing? Plump, fluffy, thick, big boned, large, heavy, obese. They are accurate descriptors. So is thin, healthy looking, trim, lean, skinny, slender. People shouldn't get so offended by accurate descriptors. Just my opinion.
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    My question is...why does this always come up. Her weight is her problem. It has no bearing on her talent and weight does not define a person. Her personality and confidence are there- she's not hurting anyone, in fact she's entertaining plenty. So why does her weight always have to be the first thing people talk about? I've read plenty of people on here type that weight loss and the journey is personal and you do it for yourself. So let her weight be her thing-it shouldn't be the first topic of discussion. Her weight doesn't bother any of our fitness goals. IMO- its just a way for others to be mean and judge someone else. I just saw a forum yesterday where someone was hurt by being called a fatty-so how can all of you sit here and say she is fat or obese. If it were you- I bet 90% of you would be hurt.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    First off, I love Adele...and one of her songs is my ringtone. But she IS overweight. I would consider her fat. I don't mean it in a mean or disrespectful way but just calling it like it is. She's still a very pretty woman regardless.
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings

Reality is reality, and there is nothing wrong with the word fat. At the moment I am indeed fat. It isn't a dirty word. Maybe some people need to toughen up and stop having their feelings hurt so easily.

Wellll when I fry bacon I love to save the fat so I can fry more food. I don't think overweight people look like bacon grease so I don't usually call them fat.

That bacon thing is so funny. Adele is really lovely & has a great voice. She looks good in her clothes and loves herself. I'm working to get there. So fat is not what I would call her.
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    Technically overweight...ok. But curvy and sexy - hell yeah!!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It really annoys me when guys say "yeah.. adele is fat" (referring to the singer Adele), I think she's a size 14-16 (UK)? I think she looks lovely and not fat at all, just very curvy in a good way. Just like sophie dahl used to be. Thoughts?

She's very talented but she is overweight.
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    That bacon thing is so funny. Adele is really lovely & has a great voice. She looks good in her clothes and loves herself. I'm working to get there. So fat is not what I would call her.
    [/quote]

^^^^^Thank you- I finally found someone with a great attitude..Good Luck in your journey.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    No... She is definetly "fat". Definetly. She is still extremely talented and has a beautiful voice!!

celebrities-adele-861167.jpg
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    love her. she is fat.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My question is...why does this always come up. Her weight is her problem. It has no bearing on her talent and weight does not define a person. Her personality and confidence are there- she's not hurting anyone, in fact she's entertaining plenty. So why does her weight always have to be the first thing people talk about? I've read plenty of people on here type that weight loss and the journey is personal and you do it for yourself. So let her weight be her thing-it shouldn't be the first topic of discussion. Her weight doesn't bother any of our fitness goals. IMO- its just a way for others to be mean and judge someone else. I just saw a forum yesterday where someone was hurt by being called a fatty-so how can all of you sit here and say she is fat or obese. If it were you- I bet 90% of you would be hurt.

Its sad that it her weight does get mention instead of her talent but the fact is she is famous/public fiqured so the public and tabloids will always pick at her about certain things. Its no different when a skinny singer gets accused of being a coke head for being skinny.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    A fact is a fact and neither does it take from the success of her music career
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    Note that a size 14 in the UK is different to a size 14 in the US !!!! US sizing is bigger/different to UK sizing and Australian sizing etc- shes prob only a 10 -12 in the US (thought id clear that up as this is predominately a US site)

I think she is overweight- but beautiful... i wouldnt say she is obese at all.... overweight yes but she is still a massive babe! its great to have a female pop star who is not rake thin too and show diversity and to show you can be beautiful whatever size you are if you are confident

love adele
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Obese just sounds more scientific than fat, but yeah, she is.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Note that a size 14 in the UK is different to a size 14 in the US !!!! US sizing is bigger/different to UK sizing and Australian sizing etc- shes prob only a 10 -12 in the US (thought id clear that up as this is predominately a US site)

I think she is overweight- but beautiful... i wouldnt say she is obese at all.... overweight yes but she is still a massive babe! its great to have a female pop star who is not rake thin too and show diversity and to show you can be beautiful whatever size you are if you are confident

love adele
    No way. I googled some pictures of her, she's definitely larger than that. I'm an 8 and I'd say she could easily be close to 100lbs more than me, in some of her heavier photos at least (and assuming she isn't super short).
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I think she's very talented and beautiful, but also somewhat fat, yes. Not in a negative way, it is what it is and it's her choice.

This but don't think she's as talented as other singers like Norah Jones or Amy Lee.

You mad?

I also think she's fat.
    I love Norah Jones!!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings

Reality is reality, and there is nothing wrong with the word fat. At the moment I am indeed fat. It isn't a dirty word. Maybe some people need to toughen up and stop having their feelings hurt so easily.

Wellll when I fry bacon I love to save the fat so I can fry more food. I don't think overweight people look like bacon grease so I don't usually call them fat.

Yeah but if you fried them up you would needs barrels for all that grease.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    She's beautiful, talented, curvy, confident, and obese. Her weight doesn't cancel out her positive attributes. Fat and lovely.

and she has excellent lung health!