Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how everyone throws around labels like "fat" so easily. Medically, she might be healthier at a lower weight, but I think God gave her the body that she has so that people wouldn't base their opinions of her music on how she looks. Also, genetics come in to play. She could just be big boned. For all we know, she could be healthier than us. Weight doesn't usually give the whole story. Bottom line, Adele is not fat. She has a body that is not skinny. "Average" is one word I cannot stand. There is no damn "average" weight. Everybody is different in many, many ways. Therefore Adele is not "above average" either. She is herself, and she is beautiful and confident and that's all that matters. I highly doubt that Adele would give a **** that some guy in a MFP forum just called her fat. Instead of that, we should be talking about how much we respect her. She weighs the same or less than the majority of North America so I don't see why people feel like they can single her out with the "fat" label just because she's famous. If your mother was the same size as Adele, would you say, "yeah, she's confident, beautiful and talented but she's FAT, so...."? No.Well, that's the end of my rant. Adele is not "fat". She's a human and she probably looks a lot like most of you.

You do realize there is no such thing as "big boned"? It's just a nice way of saying "fat".
  • diana776
    diana776 Posts: 54
    Options
    Adele is not fat she just has curves!! it depends on every person definition of fat, overweight or obese.. at least for me shes so talented her voice is spectacular and the lyrics of her songs are amazing!!! I think people are way too confused of being healthy and being super skinny...
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone think Hollywood average is a 0? Most TV actresses are around a size 4-8 unless they're short. Even print models are around a size 4-6. You probably get the smallest size with runway models because sample sizes come in 2's and 4s. Usually its really short girls who are size 0's. Of course you see some smaller actresses but the majority who are successful are healthy weights.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yes. Adele is chunky. Yes she has lost weight since becoming famous. I think she is beautiful! I hate that people complain about fat celebrities in general. Every-one should not be a size 0. As long as your healthy and happy with your body, who am I to tell you different.

No one said she should be a size 0, hater. No one should also be at the other end of the spectrum and be obese either.

I'm talking about Hollywood and the fact that any-one over a size 6 is "plus sized". She could have no health problems at all, due to her weight. Just because she is not "skinny" people want to raise hell on her. It's stupid!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Adele is not fat she just has curves!! it depends on every person definition of fat, overweight or obese.. at least for me shes so talented her voice is spectacular and the lyrics of her songs are amazing!!! I think people are way too confused of being healthy and being super skinny...

Or...devils advocate here...people are just too determined to justify their own shape, rather than recognizing that people (possibly many) may not find it attractive.

Trust me, I've been fat. Honestly...I consider myself fat right now (two months post major surgery and 10-15lbs of fat gain in the interum). I just don't deny it and call myself 'buff'. Or the one I love the most...'bulking'.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone think Hollywood average is a 0? Most TV actresses are around a size 4-8 unless they're short. Even print models are around a size 4-6. You probably get the smallest size with runway models because sample sizes come in 2's and 4s. Usually its really short girls who are size 0's. Of course you see some smaller actresses but the majority who are successful are healthy weights.

Because it helps them justify. I'm not saying a size 10, 12, 14...whatever can't be beautiful (trust me...MFP alone contains a stupid amount of beautiful larger women...more than I imagined existed). I'm just saying stop projecting and justifying by calling it 'curvy'...and immediately saying that smaller women...aren't.
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    She has a great voice and I do like some of her music, but yes she is overweight.

^^^ this exactly.
    overweight is the polite way of saying it.
  • michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Adele is my favorite singer! I think if she wasn't famous and just a regular person walking fown the street and someone asked..."do I think she is fat?" My answer would be "no, just a little curvy" but because she is soooo famous the extra weight more scrutinized.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how everyone throws around labels like "fat" so easily. Medically, she might be healthier at a lower weight, but I think God gave her the body that she has so that people wouldn't base their opinions of her music on how she looks. Also, genetics come in to play. She could just be big boned. For all we know, she could be healthier than us. Weight doesn't usually give the whole story. Bottom line, Adele is not fat. She has a body that is not skinny. "Average" is one word I cannot stand. There is no damn "average" weight. Everybody is different in many, many ways. Therefore Adele is not "above average" either. She is herself, and she is beautiful and confident and that's all that matters. I highly doubt that Adele would give a **** that some guy in a MFP forum just called her fat. Instead of that, we should be talking about how much we respect her. She weighs the same or less than the majority of North America so I don't see why people feel like they can single her out with the "fat" label just because she's famous. If your mother was the same size as Adele, would you say, "yeah, she's confident, beautiful and talented but she's FAT, so...."? No.Well, that's the end of my rant. Adele is not "fat". She's a human and she probably looks a lot like most of you.

You do realize there is no such thing as "big boned"? It's just a nice way of saying "fat".

I always assumed that big-boned was a colloquial way of describing someone with a higher LBM? Are you saying that there can't be a significant variance in LBM?
  • Trail_Addict
    Options

I always assumed that big-boned was a colloquial way of describing someone with a higher LBM? Are you saying that there can't be a significant variance in LBM?

bones + organs + skin + muscle + blood = LBM. Which of these are you saying she has a higher amount of for her frame size?

Her bones are most certainly not larger in size than the average person her height. That just doesn't happen.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

bones + organs + skin + muscle + blood = LBM. Which of these are you saying she has a higher amount of for her frame size?

Her bones are most certainly not larger in size than the average person her height. That just doesn't happen.

I am not saying anything about Adele per se, I've never seen her up close. I never took that term to be literally about skeleton, but raher as a way to describe someone with a bigger 'build'.
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I heart her. Who gives a flying *kitten*?!?!?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    She's stunningly beautiful. :heart:
  • Trail_Addict
    Options

I am not saying anything about Adele per se, I've never seen her up close. I never took that term to be literally about skeleton, but raher as a way to describe someone with a bigger 'build'.

Aren't those all just other ways to avoid using the word "fat" (chubby, chunky, curvy, hefty, big-boned, heavy, full-figured, big, plus size). Maybe we're saying the same thing. Either way, I'm done with this thread tonight.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Who cares? She's a gifted musician.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    wow just wow.......*smh*
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes she is overweight. It's her choice though... And so am I, but not for long :bigsmile:
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    I would say that Adele is slightly plump but she carries it very very well and always looks good and beautiful. She is a very talented singer and song writer. I had to laugh when someone said one hit wonder OMG!! She has won over 70 awards and is one of the biggest selling music artists in the world!!
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    031912_adele_600120319121954120319123816.jpeg

She has definitely lost weight. I feel like when she says she doesn't care she is putting up a front.

Love her music though.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Yes, Adele is definitely fat/obese/large, whatever you want to call her. It has no effect on her musical talent, but it's true.

Adele IS fat.