Tattoo's on women

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I have three tattoos. I was a little worried about getting them, especially the ones on my wrist, but I do love them and want more. I want to keep everything feminine. And for the poster who mentioned butterfly tattoos... What's wrong with them?

<pics snipped>
    Hmm don't know why the pics are so big. My bad
    In my opinion they are just very overdone and cliche. Yours is an example of one that has been very well done, however :)
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos.
    I have 2 so far 1 on my right rib cage and 1 on my back, planning on atleast 4 more. I say go for it!

If I knew how to post pictures I would. lol
  • smill101
    smill101 Posts: 15
    Options
    My ex had a tattoo of a swallow on her right breast, the problem was her boobs sagged with age & it now looks like an ostrich!!!
    LOL
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, if you're worried about what other people think of it then you probably shouldn't get it. Do what makes you happy, not everyone else.

If you really want opinions, I think the vast majority of tattoos look stupid. I feel more strongly about that having just spent four days looking at people in swimsuits. I'm not anti-tattoo but some are just terrible and it is harder for a woman to pull off than it is a man, not impossible but harder.

But mostly, do what makes you happy.
  • rachelfaith92
    rachelfaith92 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have three tattoos. I was a little worried about getting them, especially the ones on my wrist, but I do love them and want more. I want to keep everything feminine. And for the poster who mentioned butterfly tattoos... What's wrong with them?

<pics snipped>
    In my opinion they are just very overdone and cliche. Yours is an example of one that has been very well done, however :)

Thanks for the compliments guys. I was honestly regretting my wrist ones because my family hasn't seen them yet, and I'm guaranteeing I'm going to hear the whole "white trash" spiel. I love the butterfly I have, the guy I go to is great with shading and detail, I'll post a pic of it entirely healed later. I want a rib cage piece. I guess the biggest concern I have is with my wrists since I will be searching for jobs in the work world and am afraid of being frowned upon. I suppose a watch and bracelets will hide it, but I really have reasons for each tattoo I get.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I consider my own thigh tattoo's reasonably large and hugely femine, although other people have called it tacky. Each to their own.

IMG20120525_002.jpg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    ^ Very cool.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I consider my own thigh tattoo's reasonably large and hugely femine, although other people have called it tacky. Each to their own.

IMG20120525_002.jpg

that is sooo different love it!
  • sarahmoo12
    Options

cdb3d9b3.jpg

d9efda7c.jpg

19a4e625.jpg

0eeeba15.jpg
    900d2f86.jpg

nice tattoos :) the butterfly is gorg very nice detail
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    She said she is not a fan.

0b7vzl.jpg
  • sarahmoo12
    Options
    She said she is not a fan.

0b7vzl.jpg

Thats mad looking lol
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I dont think tats look bad if done tastefully. I also think that it depends on how you feel. I have no tats... I thought about getting one at one point but decided against. I wasnt scared, I simply thought do I want this on my body when I am 70 years old? The answer was no :) lol
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ever see an older person with tattoos they obviously got when they were young?.

it just looks either so sad or so silly.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    ever see an older person with tattoos they obviously got when they were young?.

it just looks either so sad or so silly.

Yep my dad... part of the reason why a tattoo should be well thought out. He hates his tattoos that he got in the army. I think some people look great with them and I guess it all depends on the spot you get them in... the thing is you do realize that when you are 70 its pretty much a given you arent going to look like you did at 20 :)
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    My ex had a tattoo of a swallow on her right breast, the problem was her boobs sagged with age & it now looks like an ostrich!!!
    LOL

LMAO. ^^^^^^ :noway:

Dont know it till you've tried it!!!!
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have 2. They make me feel confident.
  • sarahmoo12
    Options
    when your old your not going to be showing as much skin i dont think and all my tattoos are and are going to be easy hid so the old part wont bother me
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options
    I love tats on women :love:
  • hornseagirl
    hornseagirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    once it is there then that is it....think very very carefully before you take the plunge
  • katedesaccord
    Options
    I have quite a few tattoos...11, to be exact. I have a large one on the top of my thigh too, and I actually think it's my favorite tattoo. Everyone I've ever spoken to that's seen it has said it's a very sexy place to have one...I guess because you can hide it when you want or let people see it. Anyway, ultimately, it's your opinion...if you want one, get one! Anyone who says you're more or less (insert derogatory adjective here) can piss off, really :)