Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how do you define someone of size 2?

Because many times I don't understand American clothing lines & with my 34" bust, 26" waist & 35" hips, I have clothes sizes from size 0 to size 10 depending on the brand.

yep:wink:
  • healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would just like to be in single digits...perhaps a 7-9. :)
  • nacobi
    nacobi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would never want to be a size 2. I have a friend that is a 0 and it looks like it hurts to be that small. I have always been curvy even when I was a size 8 I had butt, hips and thighs. I don't need to get back to my pre-kids weight but I would like to be a size 12.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone is dissing on people being a Size 2 or less. Does it really matter what size we all want to be? Were all here for the same reasons!

& I don't want to be a size 2.. I already am and I still have love handle and extra fat hanging around. It's all about height. And if none of you want to be friends with someone who's a smaller size, that's pathetic.

Also, I'm not looking to be any less than a 2.. I'm just trying to work on composition. That should really be all our goals. Not size. Going off size is a joke
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how do you define someone of size 2?

Because many times I don't understand American clothing lines & with my 34" bust, 26" waist & 35" hips, I have clothes sizes from size 0 to size 10 depending on the brand.

yep:wink:

Same here. I have the exact same measurements (I think, not exactly sure about bust) and I have clothes from a 0-6. Most of my clothes are in 2's though.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    ...meaning i'm 5'5 and my goal weight is along the lines on 175, maybe 170, I see a lot of people on here who are my height and they are starting from 170 and trying to go down to 140-130. I'm not looking to be slim, just a more toned flatter stomach version of me? I always feel like the outsider on here, I feel like I have totally different goals. But I know its great to be different :happy: .

I guess I'm just curious as to who else on MFP has a remain curvy goal? my worst fear is losing too much weight in an area I would not want to lose weight from -_-

UUH, Uhh^^^ ME! I LOVE My Female Form, No way I can look like a 14 y.o.boy! And I LOVE It, so do others-I've been told!
  • akirkwood16
    akirkwood16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want to get down to 160 but toned and curvy. I think that should put me at a size 6 or 8.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Never a 2, no way. Starting to get into a 10 at 5'4" and 179#. I don't have the bone structure for a 2.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I'd like to be a size 12.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm 4' 11", so my goal of 130 or so should get me back in my size 8 clothes or maybe even a few size 6 clothes. Woo hoo!!!!! But I haven't been a size 2 in years and I don't want to go back. :noway: :happy:
  • xsqueakme85
    xsqueakme85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Unfortunantely I am a size 10 but I am 5'2.5" and it doesn't look good on me. If your taller you probably would look good at 150 but I won't I will still be rolly and have love handles a muffin top and still be considered "overweight" on the BMI calculator. So I am aiming for about 135-140lbs, I am 167 right now.
  • carenj1990
    carenj1990 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really care about my medical #'s like BP, BS, cholesterol, and AIC. Those numbers are my ultimate concern. I'm 5'3; I've never been a one digit #.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    ...meaning i'm 5'5 and my goal weight is along the lines on 175, maybe 170, I see a lot of people on here who are my height and they are starting from 170 and trying to go down to 140-130. I'm not looking to be slim, just a more toned flatter stomach version of me? I always feel like the outsider on here, I feel like I have totally different goals. But I know its great to be different :happy: .

I guess I'm just curious as to who else on MFP has a remain curvy goal? my worst fear is losing too much weight in an area I would not want to lose weight from -_-

I'm 5'5 & I started at 185lbs. My goal is 125lbs, but really it's not ab tht number. I just want to be fit. I have a small frame & carry most of my weight in my belly. So i was have 2 get pretty small to have a flat stomach, cuz that's how my body is. Your body could b totally different, but you can't spot reduce. U can't make u stomach flatten out & keep everything else, it will all go when it goes. Yes you can do ab exercises to tone up, but you wont see that tone until u lose the fat off that area.
    They're a LOT of girls on here who don't wanna be that small, so ur def not alone :) Just kno that ur body will lose where it wants to. You can't really pic & choose. Like 4 me, I have no butt. I could not b a big booty girl even I want to. My body just won't allow it. You just have to be what body u have. If you're a pear shape, there is a big possibility u will lose from ur upper body 1st, so u could have that smaller lower body & bigger lower. But if your not, it might not work that way.
    Good luck in reaching your goals tho~! :)
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to see the responses here. I'm 5'10" and my goal is 175 which is still 25 lbs away. At that weight I would guess I would be a size 12. I know by the charts I should be 145-150; but I just don't see that anymore. At my thinest in my early 20's I was 135 and people kept asking if I was ill and then wondered if I was eating enough. I'm looking for toning and the ability at 5'10" to be able to walk into a store and buy off the rack. On my profile when I joined I stated, it's hard enough to find tall clothes, but apparently you cant be fat and tall.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I was wondering this same thing today. I am 5'5'' and 155lbs - currently a size 12. I've been trying to lose weight and get down to a size 6-8 but I'm a busy mom of two and I work full time. It's difficult to be a diligent dieter/exerciser. I'm beginning to feel more comfortable at my current size, especially now that I'm learning how to dress my body properly. Is it ok to be this size and be happy? I still eat semi-healthy and I work out when I can. Is this ok? Or should I continue to strive to be 130 pounds and a size 6?

I'm 5'5, 138lbs size 8. I'm in the healthy range for our height now, but I'm going to go down to where ever it takes 2 get all my fat off lol. I thnk I was ab a 12 when I was 155. You don't have to go to 130 if you dont want too. That's completely up to u. But I think you might should get into the 140s. Sumwhere in the high 140s gives ppl at 5'5 a healthy bmi.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I started at a 16, now I'm a 12, I'm happy here. I haven't been less than a 12 since jr. high and I don't want to be a kid again!
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would be in the hospital if I were a size 2.

I don't know where these strange ideas come from that a size 2 is better than a size 10, or small feet are better than big feet, blonde is better than brunette, or age 25 is better than age 55. If you think about it, it was usually a marketing strategy to sell a certain product.

I will never quietly whisper my shoe size to the sales clerk when shopping for shoes or stop swimming in a pool because of my age. I was once a skinny teenager too and could eat whatever I wanted. Some day those skinny teenagers will be my age and it will take a lot more effort to be fit.

I enjoy My Fitness Pal, going to the gym, exercising like I always have, and eating healthy. If you are leading a healthy lifestyle, you will eventually reach the right size for your height. Enjoy the journey!
  • GelinaKnows
    GelinaKnows Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 150. I used to weigh 120, & was comfortable, any smaller & I'd lose my chest & hips & butt LOL! I just want my old body back...I was hurt back in Feb, & all the sudden without realizing it I was 15 lbs heavier, & at THAT point I was in the process of losing ten, so I decided to go all out & just redesign my lifestyle. I'll still eat healthy & exercise daily once I reach my goal! For me it was a lifestyle change. AND I was only in about a 5/6 at 120. Big boned I guess...:P
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I may become a size 2 once I'm done simply because of my stature (4' 10 1/2"). I'm not aiming for it though. I'm not aiming for any particular size. Only to be happy with what I see in the mirror. Not really aiming for a particular weight at this point either.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    ha ha me. i could never be a size two even if i tried. my goal is to be at least a 10 or 12.....if i can get to 7 then awesome. but no lower than a 7.