Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i am looking to be a size 8-10 in the end, but wherever my body settles is good by me. I'm about 5'5, a 14 dress / 16 pant; fairly active / muscular on my bottom half.
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    ...meaning i'm 5'5 and my goal weight is along the lines on 175, maybe 170, I see a lot of people on here who are my height and they are starting from 170 and trying to go down to 140-130. I'm not looking to be slim, just a more toned flatter stomach version of me? I always feel like the outsider on here, I feel like I have totally different goals. But I know its great to be different :happy: .

I guess I'm just curious as to who else on MFP has a remain curvy goal? my worst fear is losing too much weight in an area I would not want to lose weight from -_-

I was once a size 2 and i liked my self a lot better as a size 10. Its just our shape. I feel a lot better about my self when i have curves.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5" and my target size is 8-10ish (weight 165ish). I may end re-evaluating when I get there. In reality it is whatever size it takes to be be reasonably happy with my waist size or really waist appearance. ;) But I know there is a limit one how small I can be, somewhere above size 4. I tend to have more muscle.

Goal body fat percentage: 23% or so.

Based on those online calculators, my lean body mass is some where between 130 and 145......and that puts my target weight around 160-175.

Idk how accurate those online calculators are unless u have calipers, which I dont :( Least not until my Chalean extreme arrives. BUt on teambeachbody it has a body fat test that goes by ur waist line, weight, sex & age. It says I'm 25% body fat, which I kno is not accurate. Lean weight 104lbs & fat weight 34lbs.

Neither do I. One of the calculators claims an accuract within in a few percentage points (3ish) and that calculator is the middle of the ranges for all the calculators for me......so I decided that somewhere in that range is about right... It doesn't have to be too exact for my purposes, I just want to see improvements and look the way I want.
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    ...meaning i'm 5'5 and my goal weight is along the lines on 175, maybe 170, I see a lot of people on here who are my height and they are starting from 170 and trying to go down to 140-130. I'm not looking to be slim, just a more toned flatter stomach version of me? I always feel like the outsider on here, I feel like I have totally different goals. But I know its great to be different :happy: .

I guess I'm just curious as to who else on MFP has a remain curvy goal? my worst fear is losing too much weight in an area I would not want to lose weight from -_-

I was once a size 2 and i liked my self a lot better as a size 10. Its just our shape. I feel a lot better about my self when i have curves.

and i am 4'11
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    ha ha me. i could never be a size two even if i tried. my goal is to be at least a 10 or 12.....if i can get to 7 then awesome. but no lower than a 7.

Since our bodies are similar, u might be surprised how far u can get. U said u were 197lbs in a 14 down there. I was in a slightly big 15 at 185. I'm now 138 & in a an 8. I can button a 7, but it gives me muffin top, so I refuse to wear it lol Idk exactly if I can b a size 2, tho the pants size doesn't bother me, i just want my body fat% lowered & wherever that puts me I will b quite alright. But I think it will put me pretty small. My coach is n a 2 & she's 128lbs & her hips are only 2in smaller than mine. I guess we'll just have to see.
    yeah i guess we'll see....i just never thought my hips would let me....but i might shoot for a seven, but if i don't get it no biggie...and my hubby don't want me smaller than a seven.........he thinks any smaller would be way to skinny for me because of my boobs and butt. lol
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    ha ha me. i could never be a size two even if i tried. my goal is to be at least a 10 or 12.....if i can get to 7 then awesome. but no lower than a 7.

Since our bodies are similar, u might be surprised how far u can get. U said u were 197lbs in a 14 down there. I was in a slightly big 15 at 185. I'm now 138 & in a an 8. I can button a 7, but it gives me muffin top, so I refuse to wear it lol Idk exactly if I can b a size 2, tho the pants size doesn't bother me, i just want my body fat% lowered & wherever that puts me I will b quite alright. But I think it will put me pretty small. My coach is n a 2 & she's 128lbs & her hips are only 2in smaller than mine. I guess we'll just have to see.
    yeah i guess we'll see....i just never thought my hips would let me....but i might shoot for a seven, but if i don't get it no biggie...and my hubby don't want me smaller than a seven.........he thinks any smaller would be way to skinny for me because of my boobs and butt. lol

That's our difference, my boobs are just average. 36B & I practically have no butt LOL
  • shorty35565
    Options
    It may be cultural. White women tend to want to be much thinner than women of colour. I am not one of those white women..lol. but...most white women I know your height want to be 125, not 140. Weird huh? I dunno...I think Beyonce had the perfect body IMO...I see Uma thurman and think she looks sickly?

White women need to be taking lessons from our sisters of colour and love their cuves more IMO.

I'm her height & 140 would never do for me. Been there already. I carry most of my weight in my belly & my butt just isn't there. It barely was there when I 185. I could never look like Beyonce. I'm not a pear. It's hard for some ppl to get rid of their belly unless they go down 2 125lbs.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options

That's our difference, my boobs are just average. 36B & I practically have no butt LOL
    ha ha yeah i have quite a few sizez more. i'm at a 38ddd. i measure at 36ddd though..
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Not really sure exactly what size I'll end up in, I'm aiming for 20% bodyfat. That might be somewhere in the 6-8 range. But I'm a lot more concerned with feeling healthy and the way I look than anything else.
  • trinitymariee
    Options
    my goal is 150 or 145 I ABSOLUTELY love my curves and my booty :)) i just want to flatten my tummy n just tone :) im not bad now i just want to be a healthier me :D
  • shorty35565
    Options
    It may be cultural. White women tend to want to be much thinner than women of colour. I am not one of those white women..lol. but...most white women I know your height want to be 125, not 140. Weird huh? I dunno...I think Beyonce had the perfect body IMO...I see Uma thurman and think she looks sickly?

White women need to be taking lessons from our sisters of colour and love their cuves more IMO.

I'm her height & 140 would never do for me. Been there already. I carry most of my weight in my belly & my butt just isn't there. It barely was there when I 185. I could never look like Beyonce. I'm not a pear. It's hard for some ppl to get rid of their belly unless they go down 2 125lbs.

true...you have to work with your natural shape that's for sure. If you naturally are an apple...its much harder to look "thin".

My body is weird. I carry my weight in my belly, but I'm pretty sure I'm an hourglass. Ppl who have seen my pics, call me one. My waist is 29.5 & my hips are 38. Pretty sure that gap is too large to be an apple. But u def have to work with ur shape.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

I'm not White, just a part-White but nevertheless a brown one & I also see some colored people starving themselves to thiness. In my case since I'm only 5'2" with a medium frame so I look perfectly fine with 120-125lbs. & a size 2 which I have now. But I'm curvy, muscular & above all, FAR FROM SKINNY.
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 10in and I would DIE to be a 12. lol!

As for weight I'm not sure....I'm thinking maybe.....160-170? I honestly don't know. I have a large frame....My wrists are huge and always have been (even when I was a healthy weight and such waaaaay back when).
  • hina_syed_3
    hina_syed_3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how do you define someone of size 2?

Because many times I don't understand American clothing lines & with my 34" bust, 26" waist & 35" hips, I have clothes sizes from size 0 to size 10 depending on the brand.

yep:wink:

true, some places a size 4 is considered a small... and a 0-3 is extra small.
    I use to be a size 9-11 and now I'm a size 4-6. in between there. though I do have yoga pants that are extra small/tops too though they're right fit and I'm at my ideal weight and good rate. :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

As for weight I'm not sure....I'm thinking maybe.....160-170? I honestly don't know. I have a large frame....My wrists are huge and always have been (even when I was a healthy weight and such waaaaay back when).

Hehe, you and me both, although the 12 is getting closer (14! holy cow)

I picked my goal weight by going to fat2fitradio.com, doing the bodyfat calcs (got a range of 26-31), and then using the ideal bodyweight calculator to figure out where I'll get the bodyfat I want :D
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm perfectly happy just being a 10 or 12. If I happen to hit a 2 so be it but that's not my ultimate goal.
  • Gracella1
    Gracella1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You have a curvy buddy. I'm 5'6, 211 lbs. I'm only looking to lose about 50 lbs, which will put me in a size 12. I'm so not interested in being skinny. Been there and I didn't like it. I'm curvy and loving it.
  • shorty35565
    Options

Hehe, you and me both, although the 12 is getting closer (14! holy cow)

I picked my goal weight by going to fat2fitradio.com, doing the bodyfat calcs (got a range of 26-31), and then using the ideal bodyweight calculator to figure out where I'll get the bodyfat I want :D

Whoa, I just went there. Thank u. I dont kno how accurate that is. But I'm not disappointed with my results. 2 b the % I want, I gotta drop my goal by 5lbs.