Tattoo's on women

Options

Replies

• iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    If you are asking other people's opinions, then either the tattoo you have in mind, or the placement is wrong for you. If it was 'right' you wouldn't feel the need to so much as mention it to anyone else, let alone invite opinions :)
    When I got my first tattoo, in my 20s, I actually shed a tear for the fact it hadn't been with me since birth. It was a bizarre feeling, but one which made the whole thing so very, very right.
    EDIT: If you're already planning how you'll hide tattoos you haven't got yet, then they're 100% not right for you. jmho, but I've never understood people who go out of their way to display OR out of their way to hide their ink.
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    HannahsReturnToFitness Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo of my daughter's name on my wrist. Although I love it, I had it where I could cover it up with a watch for work etc.

I hope one day to have a tattoo down my side/ribs when I can think of a design that I would still like in 30 years time!. I think tattoos can look lovely if they are done in the right way.
  • bigbugboo
    bigbugboo Posts: 161
    Options
    I think it's a matter of personal taste. If you like them, have one (or more).

I personally don't like tattoos on either sex, and the thought of wrinkly old men and women in future years with distorted, faded tattoos in old age makes me feel sick. That's one reason why I would never have one. Just sayin'
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos and think the right one can look great on women :)

Excuse the half nakedness- cant show the whole lot without it :D
    dscf1706.jpg?w=113&h=578406129_2447223305506_1399623561_32023726_1460251661_n3.jpg?w=190&h=353img_06471.jpg?w=190&h=353

I do have one that I deeply regret though so you definitely need to be careful :)
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I love tattoos and have several myself.. I also love when people say that I'm going to regret them when I'm 70.. I'm pretty sure a saggy tattoo will be the least of my problems by then :wink:
  • Louise1247
    Options

I personally don't like tattoos on either sex, and the thought of wrinkly old men and women in future years with distorted, faded tattoos in old age makes me feel sick. That's one reason why I would never have one. Just sayin'

Ive seen a lot of older people with this!!

however, new inks are such an improvement and last much longer. Just think- a lot of people my age now have them so in the future, loads of older people, who will be my age then too, will have them- itll be a generational thing and no-one will be alone in it :)
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, YES! Absolutely love them on women.
  • KellyS_86
    KellyS_86 Posts: 25
    Options
    I have one on my thigh which is my favourite of many. I thought about it a lot and had is drawn out for me and finished by a tattoo artist who is also a great friend. Bear in mind though that this was my fifth or so and the others I had before were small/medium and I was used to the pain and after 10 years of being tattooed I was sure about it.

Lol I don't know how to post photos or I would share mine!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i have one and plan on getting another one in the future. i like those that are tasteful that have some kind of a meaning and feminine (for a woman of course). but ive seen where women get a bunch of different tats all over for no rhyme or reason, then its tacky
  • zhanaolivia
    zhanaolivia Posts: 65
    Options
    Depends on the tattoo, not the sex. In my opinion, if the tattoo looks crap, then it doesn't matter who it's on.

Exactly. I happen to love tattoos as an art form (I've designed heaps of my friends tattoos), and I think the stigma surrounding tattoos and tattooing is ridiculous. If you get a tattoo that suits you and the look you're going for then you'll look exactly how you want to!

Go ahead, seriously. If you want it, do it. But do it well. :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

however, new inks are such an improvement and last much longer. Just think- a lot of people my age now have them so in the future, loads of older people, who will be my age then too, will have them- itll be a generational thing and no-one will be alone in it :)

really? so, since there will be several people with tattoos that they regret, they can all regret together? seems kind of a silly way to justify getting tattoos
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have 22 tattoos, most of them on my legs or back. I love ink on a person's skin (as long as it's done well). My hubby tried to say he didn't like ink on his women - when I met him I already had 12. Then he got 1, which lead to more and now he loves them as well.

If you want a tattoo, then go for it. Make sure it's a design you like, make sure to find a good artist and run with it. There are enough people out there who both love & hate them, but what should that matter to you.

IT'S YOUR SKIN - ENJOY IT AS YOU WILL!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I think too many and/or gaudy tattoos look disgusting, but I think that applies to men and women both. A tattoo that can be covered is good because sometimes they're not really appropriate, for example a black tie formal event where a woman is wearing a sweetheart neckline but her entire chest is covered in tattoos is not good and you can get turned away from some venues because of it. No offense meant to anyone with that. But at the same time, a girl in my knitting club has her entire stomach and sides tattooed, large pictures, they're really cool and she can cover them up when they're not appropriate. A girl at our coffee shop has one on her wrist that is absolutely gorgeous, it's a little thing, swirls and maybe some stars, but it doesn't detract from her feminism at all.

If you want one, think long and hard about the design and placement. How it can limit you. Then, if you still like it, get it, it's your body.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Do it, do it, do it! As I always say, life is not a rehearsal, so what have you got to lose? Top of the thigh is a great idea as you can show it off or cover it up depending on the occasion. It's also an incentive to keep your thighs toned and firm so the tattoo doesn't stretch too much! I've got one on my ankle and I'm currently planning my next one - thinking lots of colour and a Japanese theme.
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    I think tattoos on women are great.

Please do yourself a favour though, if you are going to put a name on it, other than your family, think about that twice, otherwise its a second visit to the tattoo parlour.

Mike
  • julesga
    julesga Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll be the uptight one here. I don't care for tattoos on men or women, young or old. I can appreciate the artwork and skill involved but I hate seeing beautiful skin marred by a tattoo. I also think about what it will look like when the person is 75.

Having said that, if someone wants one who am I to judge? It isn't my body or business.
  • Louise1247
    Options

really? so, since there will be several people with tattoos that they regret, they can all regret together? seems kind of a silly way to justify getting tattoos

Haha there it is, the comment i was waiting for!
    Not everyone will regret them :) And if some do, then itll be good conversation, memories etc. There must have been a reason to get them in the first place and a story behind them!

I am not saying its bad if u hate them- used to despise them! and still dislike a few I see but Each to their own and we wont be alone with it in the future :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I don't care for them, but, isn't the whole idea of getting a tattoo come down to being part self-expression / part rebellion?

You don't need to ask permission to be rebellious and you don't need consensus to express yourself.
  • Louise1247
    Options
    I love tattoos and have several myself.. I also love when people say that I'm going to regret them when I'm 70.. I'm pretty sure a saggy tattoo will be the least of my problems by then :wink:

I agree :) there will be much more to be concerned about in the future :)
  • Louise1247
    Options
    I don't care for them, but, isn't the whole idea of getting a tattoo come down to being part self-expression / part rebellion?

You don't need to ask permission to be rebellious and you don't need consensus to express yourself.

That is a cliche thing I think - the rebellion- i hated that part! Being 'rebellious' is what scared e most:) I didnt want a tattoo to be different, or rebel at all :) Just a simple taste thing, Though It is VERY addictive and can get carried away... *whistles*