Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 May / June

Options

Replies

• Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 of Week 2 tonight... and OMG!!! I must have said "what the f???" 10 times. this one is going to be tricky. pendulum lunges, those push-up knee raise things... I really should have watched this first. Hopefully I get the hang of it so I can burn more calories instead of staring dumbfounded at the tv screen :-)
  • Hi guys! I'm going to start this tomorrow. I did the level 3 of 30 day Shred this morning but prefer Ripped in 30, so will switch to that. I have a number of Jillain's DVDs and just kind of alternate them at will, so have never actually tried to do this the way you guys are all intending (I do level 3 if I'm feeling good, sometimes I do levels 1 & 2 back-to-back, and sometimes I can onyl ahndle the thought of level 1!). I'm up for the challenge :)

Welcome to the group =] we all have our ways of doing jillian but what ever you are comfortable with go for it we are here to support you in anyway =]
  • I did Day 1 of Week 2 tonight... and OMG!!! I must have said "what the f???" 10 times. this one is going to be tricky. pendulum lunges, those push-up knee raise things... I really should have watched this first. Hopefully I get the hang of it so I can burn more calories instead of staring dumbfounded at the tv screen :-)

Hahaha.I was the same way at first then I watched all levels to I wouldnt be surprised the next time lol
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    I did day two of week one today, even though I was really, really tempted to be a slug instead. I guess now that it is over, I'm glad I did it. At least I feel better about myself.

I have a question. I used my watch HRM which only monitors my heart rate when I hit the button. I tried to do it at various times throughout the workout to get a fairly accurate reading. It says that I used 411 calories. Is that possible? Seems a little high to me, even though I was sweating more today than I was a couple days ago.

Also, you'd get a good laugh if my workout was videoed. For some reason I can't get the...oh, what's it called....running man? Anyway, the one where you swing your arms as you alternate feet. I always start swinging the wrong arm. You'd think I'd never walked before. :laugh:

Great job to all those who are doing the videos!!!
  • I did day two of week one today, even though I was really, really tempted to be a slug instead. I guess now that it is over, I'm glad I did it. At least I feel better about myself.

I have a question. I used my watch HRM which only monitors my heart rate when I hit the button. I tried to do it at various times throughout the workout to get a fairly accurate reading. It says that I used 411 calories. Is that possible? Seems a little high to me, even though I was sweating more today than I was a couple days ago.

Also, you'd get a good laugh if my workout was videoed. For some reason I can't get the...oh, what's it called....running man? Anyway, the one where you swing your arms as you alternate feet. I always start swinging the wrong arm. You'd think I'd never walked before. :laugh:

Great job to all those who are doing the videos!!!

You are too funny lol & yes I believe you can get it that high it shows that you workout very good so good job!!! =]
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Hi there, hope you all don't mind me joining in here. I started RI30 this morning day 1, week 1. I did ripped last year also and loved it. I just completed 30 day shred yesterday and love the Jillian workouts.

I also like to get on the elliptical for 30 minutes after completing the workout to make it a full hour. :)

I'll plan on being back tomorrow for day 2.
  • Hi there, hope you all don't mind me joining in here. I started RI30 this morning day 1, week 1. I did ripped last year also and loved it. I just completed 30 day shred yesterday and love the Jillian workouts.

I also like to get on the elliptical for 30 minutes after completing the workout to make it a full hour. :)

I'll plan on being back tomorrow for day 2.

Not at all WELCOME =] jillian michaels workouts are great !! Awesome job with completing the 30DS
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Completed day 2 of week 3 RI30 this morning. It was a little easier than day 1 (at least I knew the moves - even if I couldn't do them all - not sure I'll ever do the rock n roll move). This level is definitely a knee killer (at least to me) so I'm sticking with some of the modified moves and coming up with my own for ones I just can't do (like during the rock n roll portion, I'm doing the lunge side leg raises from week 2). Good luck everyone and have a Ripped Weekend!
  • Valley83
    Valley83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Did week 3 day 1 this morning and my whole body is hurting again. Those duck walks are killer and I don't think I'll ever get the rock n rolls. I this week so much better than week 2. I find it harder but I like that I'm feeling like I'm getting more of a workout.
  • kuyabiye
    kuyabiye Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm starting RI30 tomorrow and really excited. Looking forward to see my new after photos :))

I got a new tattoo on my right foot yesterday, I hope it won't hurt so that I can compete my workout tomorrow. Wish me luck!!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I started this morning! Loved every bit of it! I finished the 30 day shred a few days ago, had a few rest days and now on it again!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Got day 2 of week 1 done followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Have a great day everyone!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 6 week six pack, does that count.
    I might do RI30 next...
  • Hi all!

I started this morning! Loved every bit of it! I finished the 30 day shred a few days ago, had a few rest days and now on it again!
    [/quot

Awesome keep it up =]
  • I'm doing 6 week six pack, does that count.
    I might do RI30 next...

It counts =]
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    me too!!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I just got back from a weekend out of town so there hasn't been an RI30 for me this weekend! Tuesday will be my next day (tomorrow is Zumba and I alternate) and this will be my last week on week 2.....I'm getting very scared of week 3 lol

I hope everyone had a stellar weekend!
  • Hi All!

I just got back from a weekend out of town so there hasn't been an RI30 for me this weekend! Tuesday will be my next day (tomorrow is Zumba and I alternate) and this will be my last week on week 2.....I'm getting very scared of week 3 lol

I hope everyone had a stellar weekend!

I did'nt do my workouts either also, im starting week 3 tomorrow too =] and since im on mother nature hopefully I can do it cause I googled about working out on it and you lose more calories I never knew that, but I hope your weekend was awesome =]
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I took a Jillian break this weekend too!!! I am starting a whole new workout routine tomorrow, so she will not be kicking my butt until Tuesday. I'll be doing RI30 three times a week instead of 5 times. Hope everyone is sticking with it, I'm excited to see results.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I know the RI30 program is designed to be done everyday, but honestly it's a bit much for me every single day! I feel like I'll get way too bored so I like to rotate out....do RI30 3 days/week and then her other DVD's, Zumba, and treadmill the other days!

Do any of you ladies use a HRM? I'm thinking that it might have to be my next investment. Any words of wisdom?