Highest weight how you felt

Options

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    142.6 lbs.

So frustrated, bc I had never "let myself go", so to speak, in fact I was working out more than ever and restricting calories more than ever (WW minimum points and working out hard 6 days). I gradually gained 15 lbs. over 18 mos. by overall eating too few calories for my activity level, but having occasional "treat days" that then caused me to immediately gain at least a pound bc my metabolism had slowed down so much. I had been 127 lbs. for my entire adult life (with the exception of pregnancies), and only gained weight as I had increased activity.

I was so thrilled when I finally found MFP and saw a thread with a title something like, "For those who work out like crazy and aren't losing",

After reading that, and reading the article about "Living with Obesity on 700 calories a day", I finally realized I needed to eat more. BOOM! 15 lbs. lost in 6 mos, and maintained now for another 6.

I am pleased to report that at 44 years old, and 5'4, I can maintain my goal weight at 2000-2300 cals a day, and I am still working out 6 or 7 days/week.
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I felt like I was trapped in another body. You look down and feel like, how is this my body, how did it get like this. I saw pictures other people took and was shocked by how I looked. I was just in denial I had let myself go that much.

So there everyday Im like let me out of this cage I want to be free to be me ahahahahahahha let me out!!
  • cdc33
    Options
    180. Pdetite, tho so felt like a slug lost for awhile down to 165. Feltbetter. Back up to 177. Yikes. Don' t feel attractive. Makesfeeling sexy impossible. Excuse?dunno. Working on it. This site makes you think about the crap you put in your body. Reward? That cute little nightie like ones i used to wear in my 20s. Look out 150!

Rewards are great Im doing the same thing!! keep up the fantastic job and thanks for sharing!!!
  • cdc33
    Options
    Exactly the same for me. Hate pictures

cant wait for the day im like oh your taking a picture let me get in!!
  • cdc33
    Options
    I want to dress in clothes I actually love not just the ones that fit for my size thats my goal next!

this!

I'm tired of having to choose functionality over 'pretty' things.

I know right!!!
  • cdc33
    Options
    258, Which is just disgusting for me because i'm barely 5foot tall. I felt insecure, unhappy, depressed, and it truly physically hurt me to look in the mirror

13 lbs is awesome keep up the great work!!! MFP is great for support glad your here and thanks for sharing:smile:
  • cdc33
    Options
    142.6 lbs.

So frustrated, bc I had never "let myself go", so to speak, in fact I was working out more than ever and restricting calories more than ever (WW minimum points and working out hard 6 days). I gradually gained 15 lbs. over 18 mos. by overall eating too few calories for my activity level, but having occasional "treat days" that then caused me to immediately gain at least a pound bc my metabolism had slowed down so much. I had been 127 lbs. for my entire adult life (with the exception of pregnancies), and only gained weight as I had increased activity.

I was so thrilled when I finally found MFP and saw a thread with a title something like, "For those who work out like crazy and aren't losing",

After reading that, and reading the article about "Living with Obesity on 700 calories a day", I finally realized I needed to eat more. BOOM! 15 lbs. lost in 6 mos, and maintained now for another 6.

I am pleased to report that at 44 years old, and 5'4, I can maintain my goal weight at 2000-2300 cals a day, and I am still working out 6 or 7 days/week.

Good for you find what works for you the body is so pickyLOL so happy your on mfp all the best to you!!
  • dentelledelicate
    Options
    Absolutely horrible. Like I was a failure at life. Like I have to change or I won't be able to stand myself.

I'm only 5-6 pounds down from that now. It's motivating I guess.
  • jessdon89
    jessdon89 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been overweight since I was 13 (now I'm 22) but my highest has been 245 and I'm only 5'4". Even when I was 165 I felt like I was ugly and disgustingly fat because I have such a large boned frame. I have had 2 kids in the past 2 1/2 years and me and the hubby both have put on 40lbs. each (10 lbs. per year we've been married) and I am sick of going in this uphill battle against myself. I need some support and I'm not getting any from my family all they do is tell me to stop eating. If it was that easy I would've already done so. Anybody want to be my support crew on here?
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Highest was 461. I felt like crap all the time. Currently at 401 and still feel like crap :frown:

Seriously, at 461 I really did feel bad almost all the time except when I was stuffing my face full of fattening, crappy fast food (didn't really think about feeling bad then until after the meal...). I feel better now but I still have lots to lose so I'm hoping to continue feeling better as I lose more and exercise more.
  • cdc33
    Options
    Absolutely horrible. Like I was a failure at life. Like I have to change or I won't be able to stand myself.

I'm only 5-6 pounds down from that now. It's motivating I guess.

give it time hun, I know time suck but you will get there!!!!
  • cdc33
    Options
    I've been overweight since I was 13 (now I'm 22) but my highest has been 245 and I'm only 5'4". Even when I was 165 I felt like I was ugly and disgustingly fat because I have such a large boned frame. I have had 2 kids in the past 2 1/2 years and me and the hubby both have put on 40lbs. each (10 lbs. per year we've been married) and I am sick of going in this uphill battle against myself. I need some support and I'm not getting any from my family all they do is tell me to stop eating. If it was that easy I would've already done so. Anybody want to be my support crew on here?

Its hard for those who havent been there to understand its not just about stop eating and then you lose weight. Its about learning how to eat healthy, breaking bad habitts, training your mind to think different. so many levels to losing weight. I have sent you a friend request everyone needs support thats my I love MFP, cheers:smile:
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I want to dress in clothes I actually love not just the ones that fit for my size thats my goal next! I want to stop dressing my friends in the clothes I want to wear you know what I mean?

God I know that feeling :/
  • iCupCakeNZ
    Options
    My highest would have to be 220 Lbl or 100kgs!, because I have such a small frame and I'm quite short 5ft'2 everything I eat or do really shows on me
  • iCupCakeNZ
    Options

Its hard for those who havent been there to understand its not just about stop eating and then you lose weight. Its about learning how to eat healthy, breaking bad habitts, training your mind to think different. so many levels to losing weight. I have sent you a friend request everyone needs support thats my I love MFP, cheers:smile:

I'd love to be in your support crew, you're young and beautiful, you're already making the step to better your life xo
  • LovleeGirl
    LovleeGirl Posts: 18
    Options
    If I remember correctly my highest weight was somewhere around 265. Luckily for me I carry my weight pretty well with my height so nobody really knew my actual weight but I sure as heck did. Even when I went to doctor appointments the nurses would be schocked when I stepped on the scale and it wouldn't even tip after moving the little nozzle to 200 lol. Overall I felt hrun down, tired, constantly sleepy and self-concious about alot of things. I have a hereditary skin disease called HS and being heavily overweight or obese does not make for a day filled with sunshine and bliss. Since I have dropped a few pounds I feelt alot my energized and more carefree. Hopefully as I continue to drop the weight I can achieve complete happiness with the way I look. If anyone needs to talk, I am here.
  • cdc33
    Options
    Highest was 461. I felt like crap all the time. Currently at 401 and still feel like crap :frown:

Seriously, at 461 I really did feel bad almost all the time except when I was stuffing my face full of fattening, crappy fast food (didn't really think about feeling bad then until after the meal...). I feel better now but I still have lots to lose so I'm hoping to continue feeling better as I lose more and exercise more.

Great job on the weight loss!!! I have the same problem of stuffing my face when I feel down. You have done an amazing thing you know you have decided you want better for yourself and that is an amazing step and look how much you have already lost. everthing takes time and I know that sucks so much but I know it will happen for you and for me. Just think you are better today than you were yesterday and every day coming will be better and better. thanks for having the courage to share, Cheers to you!:happy:
  • avrobin03
    avrobin03 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I want to dress in clothes I actually love not just the ones that fit for my size thats my goal next! I want to stop dressing my friends in the clothes I want to wear you know what I mean?

I hear ya on that!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Embarrassed, tired, frustrated, gross, flabby, jiggly, exhausted all the time, unsexy, just horrible.
  • GiaFox
    GiaFox Posts: 48
    Options
    I was at my highest when I was in USA for a month and a half. Gained 17.5 lbs within a month...me...the naturally thin. I fet weird, but then, I also worked out a lot, so, it was mostly muscle. Still, never been quite so bulky. Then went back home and lost it all. In the States, I weighed about 110 lbs, I think. That is very much for me. Had a bit of a belly, which I'm not used to.

Gained a bit of a belly about a week ago, actually. Must say I was actually quite dissapointed and depressed with myself. But then I went on a no sugar diet (which was the cause of gain weight in the first place, as I ate loads of sweets way too fast and way too much all the time), drank more water, ate more salads and exercised more. Went back to normal in a matter of 2 days. I'm actually very happy that my body is so obedient. For me, transformation takes up hours, not months. All I gotta do is have one or two workout sessions and I'm back in business. Ever since I quit eating sweets altogether and been drinking more water and eating no junk, I'm not as bloated anymore, my tummy pouch is gone and I feel much more energetic and light again. Love it. Just had a junk food/sweets phase for about a few weeks, which made me pay. lol Not going to make that mistake again.