Chicken, Chicken, and more Chicken!

Options

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    So many chicken topics...can't remember which ones I posted on so heck I'll do it again...only because I really love chicken.

Sante Fe Chicken (crock pot) Serve it over rice with a little shredded cheese - DELICIOUS! Full flavor
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html

Haven't tried this yet
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/grilled-bruschetta-chicken-106252.aspx

Also love grilled chicken breast with a serving of my favorite BBQ sauce and then fill the rest of the plate with veggies and have a salad.

And marinated chicken (your choice) with veggies and a salad
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    I eat chicken the same way, everyday, but I love it. It's simple and tastes great.
    I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cook them in my George Foreman Grill, with Italian seasoning and cracked black pepper. Once fully cooked, I cut it up (looks like I have more on my plate!) and drizzle olive oil over the pieces, adding more seasoning and pepper.
    It's SO good!

This sounds DELICIOSO!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I just posted this today: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elizabeth_C34/view/365-meals-project-27-cashew-chicken-on-wild-rice-269518

It's my cashew chicken on rice recipe.

If you want to make it leaner, cut the chicken in half and take a can of cream of mushroom out and replace it with 1/2 cup skim milk.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bumping for new ideas! i eat chicken EVERYDAY and i LOVE it :smile:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i make an amazing low fat general tsos, inbox me for recipe and i also use Penzeys spices, they have a tandoori that works well! i also boil it in seasonings and grill. i keep the skin to boil but ditch it before it hits the grill, i never add extra fat. if i bake or bread it, i use low fat panko or seasoned crumbs and soak chicken in low fat milk, it has all of the fat u will ever need and its plump and juicy.. lets see.. what else.. kens has a light options dressing that i marinate it in and grill or bake, uhm... im a huuuuge fan of lemon chicken! i use mrs dash yellow lid bottle lol with thyme, oregano and parsley--> delish!!!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bumpa roo:smooched:
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    My favorite method:

Cut boneless skinless chicken breast in bite-sized pieces. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet, then add some crushed garlic. (Don't let the garlic burn, or it will taste bitter!) Add about 1/4 cup white wine and cook for about a minute. Then add the chicken and about 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth. Sprinkle some crushed herbs on top, and add a bit of crushed red pepper. You can also add some salt, if you like (however, I'm avoiding it where I can). Cook until almost done - then In the last couple of minutes add some halved cherry tomatoes (the yellow sun gold taste divine).

This is really versatile. I some times add some yellow squash; you can add just about any veggie you like. I usually serve this over pasta mixed with steamed spinach. (My husband doesn't like spinach, so I cook it separately. However, you could add it to the pan of chicken as well.)

When you add a lot of veggies, you can get a lot of food for just a few calories. Mixing the spinach in with the pasta helps me use less pasta. We have this about once a week.
  • bevtrayer
    bevtrayer Posts: 37
    Options
    Wow this sounds really good thanks for the recipes:drinker: ::flowerforyou:
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    big bump
  • wanniet
    wanniet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    **Bumping**
  • bevtrayer
    bevtrayer Posts: 37
    Options
    :smile: Bump Wow, we have some good cooks on here.!
  • EmilyLStuart
    EmilyLStuart Posts: 172
    Options
    Bookmarking for future reference :)
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I use just a little bit of olive oil and fresh rosemary. Sometimes, I add garlic. I find the smells very appealing, and since I'm not a chef even in the very least bit -adding aroma/flavor without a recipe does it for me!

sounds amazing rn!
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Tegroot2
    Tegroot2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Bump
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    omg...I eat so much chicken, I'm gonna start clucking. Some of these sound amazing!
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This has become a favorite for my husband and I since I discovered it on the internet 4 months ago. The name will throw you but everyone I have fixed it for ends up wanting the recipe.

Diet Coke Chicken

Skinless/boneless chicken breasts (I do chicken thighs for my husband)
    1 can of Diet Coke - Splenda version
    1/2 cup low sugar ketchup
    1/2 cup salsa

Put chicken in pan, add Diet Coke, ketchup & salsa. Stir. Bring to boil and then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes.

That is the original version I found, but in my version I also add a chopped up head of cabbage to the pan after the chicken has cooked for 10 minutes.