Greek Yogart - how do you eat this stuff?!?

Options

Replies

• jnetta04
    jnetta04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think it is some that you either like to don't like there is not middle road...I tried it after a friend went on and on about how good it was ...well...did not like it at all!!!
  • cjkpatterson
    Options
    Try adding some Truvia sweetner or/and some fruit.
    The vanilla flavor is good...but I still need to add something sweet. Is good in place of sour cream.
    I agree that Okios vanilla flavor tastes better than Chobani.
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the dip recipe! Does anyone know of any healthy way to make the dip creamier? I add a bit of low fat mayo but that sort of defeats the purpose.
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Love the Oikos caramel; dessert! and lighter consistency and less tart than some.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the dip recipe! Does anyone know of any healthy way to make the dip creamier? I add a bit of low fat mayo but that sort of defeats the purpose.

I have started buying two yogurts - one greek and one lowfat plain. Mix as much of the regular yogurt as needed to get a creamier texture. It takes away some of the tartness also.
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I buy plain Fage 0% or Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt. A couple squirts of honey takes out the tartness. Also try mixing in fresh fruit (berries, especially) or some natural preserves/jam. Another mix-in I use is a green food supplement called Amazing Grass. Comes in a couple of flavors and is 30 calories per scoop (has spirulina, wheat grass, etc.) - I like the orange dreamsicle flavor.

Besides eating it plain, I use yogurt as a substitute for oil in recipes (breads, cakes, etc.).
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    [
    [/quote]

Splenda is bad.
    [/quote]

No doubt.
  • eliza46142
    eliza46142 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just eat it with some Truvia.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Oikos lime tastes JUST LIKE key lime pie, and I am not a huge greek yogurt fan in general. I'm gonna try freezing it and adding some graham cracker crumbs on top to make my own little pie. I also like the Yoplait greek vanilla and honey with strawberries and granola for a parfait. Yum!
  • rmsutphin
    rmsutphin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try mixing fruit juice into it. That worked for me, I used apple juice.
  • sierrasweetie
    Options
    I mix in one of the sugar-free dark chocolate Jello pudding cups and about 5 packets of splenda. THAT makes it good. It's way too sour to eat w/o jazzing it up and maybe some people like it that way but I haven't met them yet!
  • wd4142
    wd4142 Posts: 7
    Options
    I use a spoon
  • CuddleMommy
    CuddleMommy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone that's recommended Chobani. I initially didn't like greek yogurt either, but a friend recommended Chobani and I tried it. It's really good and this is coming from someone that's picky when it comes to yogurt.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with Chia seeds and crunchy peanut butter mixed all together, that is all
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I picked up some greek yogurt to try a recipe out. Basically it was just a cup of yogurt, a scoop of vanilla protein powder and cocoa power mixed together.

It looked good but it tasted gross...I decided to "spice it up" a bit by pouring some of my favorite cereal into it. That made it bare-able to eat but still not something that I would want to eat again.

So my question is, how do you make this stuff taste good? I was hoping I could turn it into some kind of high protein dessert dish.

haha, I think some people just have the taste buds for it....I can't stand it, it makes me literally gag, and the only way I was able to finish one cup was to add a ton of frozen blueberries that I had. to the point where it was mostly blueberries with some yogurt.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    stevia
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    i sometimes mix
    Plain FF Chobani yogurt with 1/2 scoop of cookies and cream protein powder and it is delicious... the more powder you add the thicker it becomes almost pudding like.. yum

I recently tried
    Plain FF Chobani greek yogurt with a tablespoon of Milk Chocolate Heath bar bits and it is AMAZING. I think It would be amazing as frozen yogurt as well.

I plan on trying it with Freeze dried strawberries.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I like to use the plain as a dip by adding herbs, or as a sour cream substitue. I made egg salad with it today insread of mayo. It was pretty good but had a little tang to it. My 6 year old and my DH gobbled it up!
  • sierrasweetie
    Options
    I add one of the sugar-free jello dark chocolate pudding cups and 5 packets of splenda to it to make it a thick chocolate yogurt. It reminds me a bit of chocolate cheesecake.
  • kristibluesky
    Options
    depends on the brand. I found some brands are just too sour creamy. I like greek goddess and fage that can be found at costco. i buy the frozen berry blend put some over the greek yogurt and let it defrost over the yogurt. you can add some quinoa crunch a recipe from jillian micaels to replace granola for less calories and it take like desert. I promise. The brand matters. try some honey or agave syrup till you get used to it.