For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• Louisecooper87
    Louisecooper87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    me toooooo... 8lbs to go but its taking forever compared to in the beginning, i've only lost 9lbs since January!!!!!!! Good luck all x
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    That would be me. I've been battling the last 10 lbs for months now. I would just like to get the layer of flab off of my torso, so 10 lbs sounds good. For weeks I've been up and down the same 4 lbs...so annoying. I just reset my goals today, so maybe that will help.
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    That's fantastic. Congratulations! only 10 more to go.... keep going!!! you're inspiring :flowerforyou:
  • ambuney83
    ambuney83 Posts: 47
    Options
    Wow. I didn't know so many people were in the same boat! I would like to lose 10-15 pounds but I seem to be going nowhere! I have been working out for months now, with very little movement on the scale. I do think my body is starting to change but it is still frustrating that the scale won't budge. I finally put it in my husband's bathroom so I wouldn't have to look at it! When I lost weight for my wedding a few years ago, I do recall that it did take at least six months...so keep going everyone! You can do it!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Me...I'd love to lose 15 pounds, but at this point I'd be happy with 10!
  • Bubblescomere
    Options
    I started my MFP Journey on May 1, 2012 and in about a month I lost 2.5 inches of the DREADED baby pouch by doing Hip Hop Abs and Pilates. Might not be for everyone but it has certainly helped shed some of the inches. I bought a Bally Fitness slimming belt made of Neoprene and it really helps you sweat more during workouts. It helps to shed the excess water weight. I also cut soda out of my diet and drink a ton of water. I know everyone has heard it before but if you drink about 2 glasses of water 10-15 min BEFORE a meal it really helps with digestion and giving you that full feeling. I only have about 20lbs to lose and it is TOUGH especially when you start to see the scale go up a pound or two. I just keep telling myself muscle weighs more than fat and I've lost the inches to prove it. So Good Luck to everyone and DON'T get discouraged if the scale goes up. Keep up the good work!
  • bethany3057
    Options
    Thank you.....Thank you!!!!! I started out weighing only 146 and my goal weight being 135. I feel it is SO much harder to lose a few pounds than if I started out weight 300 pounds and was trying to lose 100 pounds. I feel like if eat one calorie over that it stops my body from losing weight. When I lose half a pound I get happy because I know how hard it is to lose just that much.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    I was looking to lose 20 lbs at first, but now I only have 12 more to go! It's definitely not easy, but it feels good to get back into shape.
  • shanshepard
    shanshepard Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too on this one .. i have 15 i'd really like to lose but would be happy with 10. seems like no matter what i do nothing happens other than going up and down within 4 lbs. it's frustrating to say the least.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have been within 2 lbs of my goal for a few months now. It is frustrating, but I feel & look great, so I am willing to be patient. I know I will get there eventually...
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just joined this club. I have exactly 29 pounds to lose. 19 to reach the "healthy weight" for my height and an additional 10 to be where i want to be. im sure i can get rid of the first . Im pretty sure i can lose the first half with some work but that last half , its going to take everything i have!
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't have a 'goal weight', I'm going to let the scale go where it needs to go. I'm shooting for 12% BF.
  • gingersuzie
    gingersuzie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have about 15 more pounds I would like to lose but it keeps just hanging on!! My pounds have grown incredibly fond of me unfortunately, lol!
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Me! I love seeing these huge success stories, but I'd love to see and hear more about the 10-30 lbs that people have to loose!

I fully agree! These last few pounds are very tough. I have a 10 pound goal. But add in over 50 and 5feet tall! UGH!!

I have learned to depend on the measuring tape, photos, and how clothes fit to track my progress instead of only the scale. In fact, I wish the fitness tickers we can add to our profiles would track other items than just a change in weight.
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have about 8-10 more pounds, and have been stagnant for a LONG time...I am pushing ahead and not giving up though :wink:
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I was down to goal weight and then magically went up about 10lbs. WTF? So yeah. I'm here too. First week back though, I feel like it's going to be a fight, it was last time. x_x
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Starbucksbuzz...happened to me too! I was down to 136. I want to be between 132-130, and magically 4 pounds crept back up :grumble:

So, I have still about 8-10 pounds that I am fighting with right now! Good luck!
  • RealHealthQuest
    RealHealthQuest Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yep, aiming to lose 20-30 lbs to make sure I am towards the bottom of my weight range instead of the top. Need friends and support to help me out since I am just getting started. Feel free to add me!
  • JilleBean82
    JilleBean82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love to get back down to 135 (8 lbs away) but since I am putting on more muscle i'm not really dropping. I try to go off inches and how I look and feel. Always lookin' for friends to me motivated so feel free to friend me!
  • EstherRyu
    EstherRyu Posts: 16
    Options
    12 lbs...and i feel hopeless. i love food tooooo much!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!