For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    have you tried to up your cals for a period of time then lower them again? that works for some... just a thought. ;)
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm within this range, though i still have 23 lbs to go. i now that it's getting annoying at times. good luck for you, me and the rest of us here.
  • natural813
    natural813 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have 30 pounds to lose and I'm so happy about it :)
  • natashasasha
    Options
    I am too its so hard to get rid.
  • cassietn
    cassietn Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm there too :/

Anyone can feel free to add me lol. It would be nice to have friends with the same goals.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I lost the 10 that I wanted to lose, now I do not know if I want to lose 10 more.
  • Rennae9
    Rennae9 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    11lbs to go for me. I dread maintenance more than losing the last 11lbs. I will be diligent though and figure it out so I don't gain back my weight or starve myself!
  • kassivaladez
    Options
    i am down to my last 10 for the second time, i took some time off when i platueaed then added about 5 pounds, after losing 40 to start with i wasnt very excited to have to start back from almost half way. i am back at it though and have already lost 4 pounds this week. if you are stuck in a rut decrease your burn slightly and increase calories, it will jump start you again. good luck all! please feel free to add me, i am new to the website and could use some extra motivation since i am doing this alone!
  • Learn2BFit
    Learn2BFit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YES...My goal is to lose 25 lbs, and I've struggled with losing and sadly, sometimes gaining back the same 10 lbs, rather than pushing through to reach the 25 loss that I need! It's really hard, I'm both athletic and proportioned, I just would like to be a bit smaller all the way around! Feel free to add me as a friend, it always helps to feel like you're not alone, hoping this is a summer for real change for me!
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I've been on a plateau for months....have upped my exercise and it is not helping.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I bet a good number of people here are stuck because they aren't eating enough, thinking that they can exercise more at the same caloric intake, cutting calories even further than they already have (which isn't working), or worse yet cutting even more calories while increasing exercise. Try eating more for a month and see if that moves the numbers lower for you. By the way, if you've been stuck for less than a month, you may not even be in a true plateau. Good luck all!
  • Countryslove
    Options
    I joined MVP in January with 14 pounds to lose.
    As of a few days ago I had lost 15 pounds.
    Now I need to learn how to maintain my weight without gaining or losing any more which has always been a struggle for me.
    It is slow going when you don't have much to lose but if you stick with it you will reach your goal.
    You can do this!!!
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm here too... today I started a diet my personal trainer made for me, though, it's high-protein without doing the whole atkins thing... I'll keep ya'll posted!!
  • ebony467
    ebony467 Posts: 15
    Options
    I bet a good number of people here are stuck because they aren't eating enough, thinking that they can exercise more at the same caloric intake, cutting calories even further than they already have (which isn't working), or worse yet cutting even more calories while increasing exercise. Try eating more for a month and see if that moves the numbers lower for you. By the way, if you've been stuck for less than a month, you may not even be in a true plateau. Good luck all!
    Thanks!! That's some pretty good advice :)
    I don't diet too often since I've never been able to shake more than 10 pounds, but now that I've set my goal for over 20 I've got my work cut out for me. Thankfully I don't gain weight very well, so I've been stuck at around 145 since junior year of high school :/
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I recommend to everyone to get New rules of lifting for women (it tells you why your body stops losing and what not)
    and new rules of lifting (for men)

Love that book :)
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yep, just a few pounds to go...and have been stuck for a couple of weeks, but I've started working out more, and my clothes still seem to be getting looser, so I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I recommend to everyone to get New rules of lifting for women (it tells you why your body stops losing and what not)
    and new rules of lifting (for men)

Love that book :)

Very good suggestion here!

Also, take a gander at this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/501511-great-read-on-plateau-ing
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It's been about 10kg I need to lose... FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! I'm seriously determined to do it now with my 30th birthday just around the corner, but come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Same boat...Not too disappointed and never want to go back...Being a size 10 after being a 24 for so long, I just have to be patient! :)
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    Ohh yes! Been struggling to lose the last 15 or so!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!