Replies

• 3Sarah333
    3Sarah333 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate chicken in equal amounts salsa (i use salsa verde but regular salsa is good too) and italian dressing. we either grill and eat it as is or use it for chicken tacos. so good!

also i season 1 1/2 pounds chicken with salt and pepper and cook in skillet until browned. remove chicken and set aside (keep warm). stir together 1 Tblsp milk, 3 tsp mustard (dijon or honey mustard work best) 1/2 tsp dried basil. stir into skillet, heat through. stir in 1/2 cup (reduced fat, of course!) sour cream and chicken. really yummy. 1 recipe is 4 servings, each serving is 6 oz chicken with 2 Tblsp sauce= 262 cal. i usually serve this with brown rice to soak up the gravy!
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    These are soooo very easy and sooo yumeee!! I cooked them a while back!! My kids even loved them!

I love this recipe! my husband does to! I love crockpot recipes they are usually sooo easy and done when Im home in the evening! = )

Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken
    Nutrition Info
    Calories: 157.2
    Fat: 3.3g
    Carbohydrates: 6.7g
    Protein: 24.3g

Ingredients4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup salsa
    1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
    1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions
    Add chicken to slow cooker.
    Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
    Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
    Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
    Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
    Serve with brown rice. (not in nutritional facts)

NOTES:
    You may use half the packet of taco seasoning (I have started doing this to reduce sodium content myself)

Number of Servings: 6
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    pineapple, chicken stir fry...D E L I C I O U S!!
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Different than what? what about turkey products? Creativity is over rated. Consistency is king. For example, people will eat poorly the same thing everyday. . . be it McDonald's or Starbucks or whatever. But want eating clean to be so exciting. I say find your top 3 to 5 favorites and cook them repeatedly. Great ideas on here!
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I am broasting chicken tonight for supper. We love it!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    love this thread ~ minus the honking about not eating chicken and Chinese studies~

We season ours with salt, pepper and taco or fajita seasoning, throw them in a crockpot with 2 cans of rotel or diced tomatoes w/ peppers, crockpot on low for 8 hours... come home, take a strainer spoon and dig the chicken out - shred it with a fork and strain some of the tomato/rotel stuff out....heat up some tortillas...cheese, light sour cream.... depending on how you like it... lettuce, fresh tomato, green onion..... YUM~O and easy! :flowerforyou:
  • Laurenx3nyc
    Laurenx3nyc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usually put a little garlic powder on mine, with some oregeno, and some pepper, and grill it til it's juicy. Then I cut it up and mix it with some broccoli and brown rice, and put 2 tblspoons of FRESH salsa on top. It's delicious.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    love this thread ~ minus the honking about not eating chicken and Chinese studies~

I thought that was entertaining.. Haha..

Anyways.. BUMP for later! For the recipes that is.. :flowerforyou:
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    lol I thought the same thing so I looked it up! Heres one I found!

Laughing Cow Stuffed Chicken Breasts
    Nutrition Info
    • Calories: 236.6
    • Fat: 4.6g
    • Carbohydrates: 6.6g
    • Protein: 38.9g

Ingredients
    4 Chicken Breasts
    4 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese (light)
    1 tsp garlic
    Italian Seasoning
    1/4 C. Bread crumbs
    1/2 tsp dried parsley
    dash Grated parmesan cheese (about 1/5 tbsp)

Directions
    Pound out chicken breasts until they are thin. On one side of each breast, spread 1 wedge of laughing cow light cheese, 1/4 tsp garlic, and Italian seasoning to taste. Roll each chicken breast up.

In a shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Coat rolled chicken breasts in bread crumb mixture and secure each with a toothpick so it doesn't unroll during cooking.

Cook at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. When no longer pink, remove toothpicks and serve.

Number of Servings: 4

SOOOO Cooking it one night this week!
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I put chicken breasts in the crockpot with a packet of ranch dressing powder, a packet of taco seasoning and a can of low sodium chicken stock. I shred it up and use it in wraps, salads, tacos, sandwiches during the week.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hummus Crusted Chicken

1. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Spread chicken with hummus; roll in bread crumbs.

3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 12 minutes or until no pink remains (170 degrees F), turning once. Add more oil, if needed. If crumbs brown too quickly, reduce heat. Serve with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts (Hummus Crusted Chicken )
    Servings Per Recipe 4,Calories 491,Protein (gm) 43,Carbohydrate (gm) 35,Fat, total (gm) 20,Cholesterol (mg) 82,Saturated fat (gm) 3,Monosaturated fat (gm) 13,Polyunsaturated fat (gm) 3,Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 6,Sugar, total (gm) 2,Vitamin A (IU) 49,Vitamin C (mg) 8,Thiamin (mg) 0,Riboflavin (mg) 0,Niacin (mg) 17,Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1,Folate (µg) 101,Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,Sodium (mg) 676,Potassium (mg) 714,Calcium (DV %) 101,Iron (DV %) 4,

I have not heard of doing this with hummus. Thanks! My husband loves the supremely spicy hummus with carrots....so I might try making this as a surprise for him.

One recipe I do that is really a paula deen recipe but not so bad... I cut back on some of the bad ingredients

chicken in white wine sauce

boneless skinless chicken breast
    low fat swiss cheese slices
    low fat cream of chicken soup
    white wine
    seasoned bread crumbs

Oven 350 degrees. Place the chicken breast in a greased baking dish. Cover them with slices of swiss cheese... once slice each, two slices... up to you and what you want calorie wise. Mix the can of soup with 1 cup of white wine, some S&P (if I have fresh thyme, I add it here), pour it over the chicken and cheese. Cover the soup mix with bread crumbs... another place you can use as much or as little as you like.

At this point Paula would like you to melt a stick of butter and drizzle it on top. I don't do that anymore. You can lightly spray it with PAM (be careful bread crumbs can go everywhere) or spray with I Can't Believe it's Not Butter or use an Olive Oil Mister if you have it. It just helps turn the bread crumbs into a crust.

Bake for 40-45 mins... check to see if chicken is done... the more chicken in the dish, the longer it takes.

One thought.............. you could probably use some laughing cow swiss on this if you wanted to spread it on the chicken. I have never done it. You could change it up with some chicken and prosciutto or ham stuffed in it. More cordon blue type action.
  • blueyednurse06
    Options
    Southwest Chicken for Crockpot

4 boneless/skinless breasts
    1 can pinto beans
    taco seasoning
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can Rotel

Throw all this in the crockpot and cook for 8 hrs on low.. or 4 hrs on high..
    Then shread up your chicken.. and place in a wrap/ tortilla or whatever you like!!
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    just gotta bump it.... chick chick chicken..:love::love:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • phard53
    phard53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the great ideas!
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump
  • Jumpinsticks
    Options
    I'm a chicken fanatic... >.> I eat it all the time... I think i was born part fox or something and just feel a need to eat the little suckers...
    Here are some of my ideas, hope you all like them :P

Really good marinde... Also works GREAT for pork and is just to die for on shrimp...
    Lime juice, soy sauce, minced ginger, minced garlic, olive oil... I would let it sit for a at least 30 minutes on chicken... pork maybe a little longer, shrimp should be good to go in 15 minutes.

I also do different chicken rolls, which is what i call chicken breast (Boneless skinless) rolled up with different things... I butterfly a chicken (Which essentially is what I call it when you cut it in half or more without cutting all the way through, to make it thinner, instead of pounding it which takes too much time, makes too much noise, and is too messy)
    So yeah.. do that, then put something on the inside.. Examples of things I like are 1.) swiss cheese and ham. 2.) light cream cheese and chives. 3.) Stuffing if you can spare the calories. 4.) Pesto and a little extra parasean cheese. 5.) ham and cheddar cheese
    basically anything you can think of combination wise, roll it up and if you need to stick a toothpick or two in to keep it from rolling...
    If i make thin ones, I cook it stove top, especially if i'm making it for myself, but the best way to do it is to bake it in the oven... only problem with doing it this way is sometimes it dries breasts out, so either cover it with a piece of ham, or breadcrumbs if you can spare the calories, or Bacon even if you didn't CARE about calories... Sometimes I'll cover it with whats' in it, and sometimes I'll put just a bare minimum of some light mayo mixed with chives and red pepper spread over the top... that adds a kick of flavor... also good on the chicken all on its own...

I'm in love with indian spices, and I recently discovered Tandoori Masala... it's a component in butter chicken, for those who wondered, but Tandoori masala is like a bbq spice like no other... No salt, no pepper, just that spice, let the chicken sit in it for 15 mins to 2 hours and then broil in the oven, grill on a grill... even baking it works, but broiling is best, IMO...

I also am in love with pineapple and chicken... Marinate chicken in pineapple juice and a little salt, meanwhile take pineapple juice (sometimes i add some lime juice) and reduce it in a pan on the stove until it's dark and a little thick... i'll cut chicken breasts up into bite size pieces, along with bell peppers and sweet onions and spread them out on a broiler pan, use a brush and brush the pineapple glaze over them. Basically it makes everything super sweet and savory at the same time... You can do it on a grill, but sometimes i just don't want the grill flavor... Yes i know it's great... I also don't have a grill at my house, so this is easier :)

Chicken, chicken.... stir fry, always... super simple, and you can add whatever veggies you want... Chicken soup, always good and filling...

I also just love pan seered chciken breast... butterfly the chicken breast, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook in a hot pan (Cast iron is best, trust me!) and if you wanted to maek a sauce to cover it, take some chicken broth, little lemon juice, and chopped capers toss that in the pan after the chicken is done, deglaze all those brown bits and instant good sauce...

Chicken quesadillas... a little low fat cheese some salsa, maybe some pickled jalapeno peppers, instant quesadilla, brown it in a pan.

My absolute favorite is a rotisserie chicken but most people can't do it so it's juicy in the breast... my recomendation is that if you can't get your breast tenger just leave it alone :P Or get one of those counter top roasting pans, that'll get it juicy EVERY time. I swear to you... 2.5 hours to cook 2 whole chickens to perfection with some spice rub, and some lemon slices and garlic and bay leaves thrown in the cavity... oh yeah...

I do a baked 'fried' chicken using panko, shredded parmasean and seasonings... that's always a good one.

I think that's enough... I think you get the point, I really am obsessed with chicken... >.> Imma go make me some dinner now... For some reason I'm really hungry! Imagine that...
  • hpy2be
    hpy2be Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Poach chicken breasts until cooked through. Cool them then cut in chunks and pour Franks Hot Sauce over until each piece is coated. Put in fridge to marinate and chill. Add this to salad fixings, maybe add a bit of blue cheese and toss. Use a ff salad dressing if you want. So delicious!
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    It's not chicken -- but I sliced up a turkey breast roast and grilled it. It was incredible! I didn't season it at all, and It was delicious!