• DayumStraightIAmEllie
    DayumStraightIAmEllie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Lol you win, hands down
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    How is this topic still going?

Probably, because I only need one reply per hour to carry on a quite satisfying conversation with myself?

:blushing:

fair enough. carry on.
    Plus i think this gives you a chance to meet/flirt with some new ladies. Just sayin'
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Some men too. I have engaged in casual sex of course. To me...its like empty calories (see what I did there??). I'd much rather have the real thing...and not be wasting my time.

So no mars bars for cris. Lol

Hey, I'll eat candy bars...I'd just prefer steak.

Lol. One porterhouse for cris. Anyone.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    As society is now though, I definitely won't argue with the fact that women will have an easier time finding a sex partner if they choose to. Of course, the balance would shift (probably not totally balance out though, due to evolutionary nature and whatnot) if both genders were allowed choice independent of societal pressures.

If more of your posts were like this...instead of the previous...argumentative, and absolute portion...we'd have a lot more civil conversations.

Just saying.

And for the record...I agree. Particularly with the part about it not balancing out completely...even though it WOULD tend towards a closer ratio.

You're getting there!

I honestly think you read something into my posts that isn't there. Probably because it's hard to understand someone's tone when it's just text over the internet. Because of this, or something else entirely, you seem to make a lot of assumptions about me and my posts that aren't accurate. The first portion of the post you quoted was meant in a conversational and explanatory way, not at all to be argumentative.
    Maybe you're projecting your animosity towards me into what I write? I don't know, but it's really not fun to be pegged as a troll for just discussing what's supposed to be discussed in a thread and providing some reasons behind things. And for the record, I didn't even notice it was your thread until you jumped and called me a troll for speaking my mind.
    I feel like I need to start peppering smiley faces into everything I write to get you to back off. :laugh:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Probably, because I only need one reply per hour to carry on a quite satisfying conversation with myself?

fair enough. carry on.
    Plus i think this gives you a chance to meet/flirt with some new ladies. Just sayin'

*stabs fake dagger to chest*

You wound me!
  • tobnrn
    Options

fair enough. carry on.

You wound me!

I think it hit a little lower. Lol
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    As society is now though, I definitely won't argue with the fact that women will have an easier time finding a sex partner if they choose to. Of course, the balance would shift (probably not totally balance out though, due to evolutionary nature and whatnot) if both genders were allowed choice independent of societal pressures.

If more of your posts were like this...instead of the previous...argumentative, and absolute portion...we'd have a lot more civil conversations.

Just saying.

And for the record...I agree. Particularly with the part about it not balancing out completely...even though it WOULD tend towards a closer ratio.

You're getting there!

I honestly think you read something into my posts that isn't there. Probably because it's hard to understand someone's tone when it's just text over the internet. Because of this, or something else entirely, you seem to make a lot of assumptions about me and my posts that aren't accurate. The first portion of the post you quoted was meant in a conversational and explanatory way, not at all to be argumentative.
    Maybe you're projecting your animosity towards me into what I write? I don't know, but it's really not fun to be pegged as a troll for just discussing what's supposed to be discussed in a thread and providing some reasons behind things. And for the record, I didn't even notice it was your thread until you jumped and called me a troll for speaking my mind.
    I feel like I need to start peppering smiley faces into everything I write to get you to back off. :laugh:

This is the last reply I'm going to make to the off topic part of this you're bringing to bear.

It's not just me, it's the majority of my friends list as well...among others (when 'discussing' things with you, I invariably get PM's from people asking what your trip is...usually they end up on my friends list as well). If in fact your intent is NOT to be argumentative, then please stop pushing your crusade into topics that have nothing to do with it. Everything in the world pertaining to gender does NOT revolve around oppression, shaming, or any of the other societal ills that almost every one of your posts are filled with. Bringing those issues into them all, is what makes people see you as a troll. We are having a fun, light hearted discussion about the foibles of gender roles in a sexual context, and in comes Umeboshi with her doom and gloom 'gender oppression/gender shaming' commentary.

It gets old, and it gets otherwise enjoyable threads locked almost every time you do it.

You seem like a nice girl, and I try to give credit where its due (as you've seen), but honestly...the constant militant crusade is headache inducing.

And yes, the smiley face helped :).
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    would it consider a win-win situation that if i'm dragged into... let's say the bathroom by a guy and then ... yeah.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options

fair enough. carry on.

You wound me!

Oh come on! Your tougher than that!! Where is that ego at??
  • crisanderson27
    Options

fair enough. carry on.

You wound me!

Oh come on! Your tougher than that!! Where is that ego at??

In the bedroom...shall I go get it??

:)
  • mijo32002
    mijo32002 Posts: 42
    Options
    Bump
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I didnt read all the pages so far but to the op I say guys win. Unless the guy is unattractive and never gets any, he's not going to want to leave with some random girl who he met for a few seconds, assuming alcohol isn't involved. If a girl grabs a guy and just says "lets go" he'll think she's a slut and be a little grossed out I think. Plus guys like to feel like they got the girl because they want to feel like the man.

I think a guy can easily go up to a girl and get things going. Its more expected how things should work out socially so no ones weirded out. The only reason it seems like men have it harder is they try more often so there are more chances for rejection.

It's almost like guys always saying "women need to ask more men out!" But when it actually happens you hear the girl going "i dont get why he suddenly doesnt like me wahh wahh". You make it too easy then the chase is gone along with the interest.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    woman have the advantage!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    This is funny that it's even up for "debate".
    The woman has the advantage and would ALWAYS win.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    This is funny that it's even up for "debate".
    The woman has the advantage and would ALWAYS win.

I know, right?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Depends who you are and your standing in the society you revolve in. Never used to be the case for me but I never ask women out these days and wait for them to come to me, as conceited as it sounds. Have a regular line of women offering themselves up.... but don't because I'm not like that.
  • tobnrn
    Options
    Ok. I hate to admit that I was wrong. But from the overwhelming responses I will concede. Women have the power. Oh wait thats still a win for me. Lol
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

I disagree. I believe that a woman ALWAYS has the advantage.

Discuss.

Women have the advantage in the scenario you describe certainly. However, it is only a potential advantage. In real terms I don't think it is worth much at all.

Although things are changing, women tend to be placed in the passive role when it comes to dating and sex. The instigator is usually the man. This is for a whole host of reasons but one I believe that female sexuality is generally oppressed and for a woman to be sexually aggressive is usually frowned upon. This in part is due to some nonsensical belief that refraining from sex or waiting is somehow linked to "virtue".

Whatever the reasons, whilst many woman who are reasonably attractive could therefore have little difficulty in getting a man's purple pilot lost in her Bermuda Triangle if she wanted whether this will actually happen in practice is entirely a different matter. Women, by and large, will not ask. What they will do is wait. They will wait...and wait...and wait...for someone they like to approach or show an interest in them. They will wait...and wait...and wait...for someone they find attractive to take the hint. Some advantage.

No. The people, not men, not women, but people who have the REAL advantage in this game are the ones who

a) take action
    b) have the emotional robustness to handle the consequences of their action whatever it may be

Who wants to wait and hope? Not me when I was single. Rejection? Who cares? "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine..."
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    In that scenario the guys right but switch it up...now your at the bar and if the girl goes up to the guy but instead of " let's Fuk " It's a long conversation and getting to know you...etc, guy becomes bored and there is about a 95% chance he walks away....but if the guy approaches the girl the same way there is then a 95% chance we will Fuk you. Guys want sex....girls want to be noticed....even the most beautiful woman in the world has a little voice inside that yells.."no one sees you...youre nobody"...see us...notice us...make us feel like were someone and we're yours.