What's your "go to" meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options

Replies

• thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken for sure. Also, ravioli, especially if you have kids. The kind you get frozen in a bag at the store. Its less fuss then spaghetti and only takes a couple minutes. Of course I NEVER get to opt for making the ravioli because the 2 nights per week I work my boyfriend picks that as his "I don't want to cook meal" and then no one wants it twice in one week. Usually any cooking he does is grilling or making sides for a roast that I put in the slower cooker early in the day. That being said on nights I work when its not ravioli I am instructed to bring pizza home from work (pizza delivery driver).

As a side note I am actually very good about not eating pizza at work. I'm very picky and only eat pepperoni or cheese and sometimes bacon as toppings and its rare that the mess ups are that simple. I love pizza.
  • RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I have to ask ... what are you using in place of mayo? I am desperately seeking a replacement for mayo to use for tuna, egg, and chicken salads.... especially for my family!!! Thanks!!!

Not to speak for the poster you quoted, but I use hummus in place of mayo in my tuna salad. My husband and kids love it like this also, we don't even miss the mayo. :smile:
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This post has given me lots of ideas!! Thanks so much!!!
  • jallison12
    jallison12 Posts: 83
    Options
    Quaker oatmeal, 90 seconds in the microwave.
    Boo ya, and done
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken from the supermarket with some cherry tomatoes on the side.

Or a sweet potato (or regular potato) baked in the microwave with a small tin of baked beans on top. If I can be bothered I like to chop up a bunch of salady bits like celery, tomato, carrot etc and sprinkle a bit of cheese on top.

Or an egg and spinach roll up - I break an egg directly into the frying pan and stir it around a bit, then toss in some baby spinach. Once the egg is set, I tip it out onto a mini tortilla and roll it up and eat it.
    Yes, you still have to cook, but it takes about a minute - or less!

Re mayo - I buy a light mayo and use it as is, or mix it up with a bit of red wine vinegar for an easy low cal salad dressing.
    If you want something to mix with tuna for a sandwich, mashed up avocado is a winner.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Morningstar spicy black bean burger microwaved for too long on whatever bread I have in the house (pita, bagel thin, tortilla, whatever).
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Light tuna with light mayo and some chopped up cucumbers in it. I like to eat it in whole wheat pita bread. You get protein, whole wheat, and veggies :)
  • jdmorgan23x
    Options
    Deli pre-made salads
  • jumpyjavajawa
    jumpyjavajawa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cereal or instant oatmeal
  • beachloe
    beachloe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters, half a slice of cheese on a low cal tortilla. Fills me up and only 105 calories.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Sammiches. I keep healthy breads, lunchmeats, and veggies for making sandwiches around the house all the time.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Doritos Locos Tacos!! :love:
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    trader joe tikki masala with a cup of frozen spinach to heat with it for filling fiber :)

or
    apple gate chicken sausage
    with high fiber/protein wheat bread with spicy mustard
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    SUBWAY!!!!!
  • dalesandry
    Options
    I usually make a lot of bulk food and store in containers and measure out what I can eat and put it in the microwave to heat up. It is nice when you do not feel like cooking and only takes a few min to make
  • Happy_Healthy_Babe
    Options
    Crumbed baked fish/lean steak and steamed vegetables.......I will changing my crumbed fish to salmon when I move in with my boyfriend :-)

I'm happy to eat this every day :-)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Tuna with salsa and diced tomatoes. Just discovered the joys of adding quinoa this weekend.

Nom nom nom
  • carbak33
    carbak33 Posts: 7
    Options
    Cereal, turkey sandwich, or a protein shake.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Spanish omlette!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    For the last couple of weeks, it has been Cheerios with skim milk, but sometimes I'll make an omelette, or boil pasta and mix it with olive oil, vegetables, and cheese,