Are muscled/defined women attractive?

Options

Replies

• maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think all the "beauty is on the inside" crap is pretty ridiculous. Physical beauty is on the outside. Period. I'm glad you are a great person and everything, but that doesn't mean you are beautiful. Sorry. That's just the way it is. If you want to be attractive, you can't be fat. Sure, some people will find you attractive, but that is like saying a poor American is successful in Ethiopia.

Let the angry repsonses begin!
  • Mishka84
    Mishka84 Posts: 17
    Options
    Haha, yes exactly, I think it's very threatening to a mans ego. Personally I think it looks amazing, it shows a hell of a lot of hard work and determination and a lot of us can only aspire to one day looking this way. Some women think they will pick up a barbell in a gym and sprout enormous 'manly' muscles the next day haha, it takes a long time to start building the smallest amount of muscle.
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just went to the 'Strong is the new Skinny' website.

Not matter what your goal (comfortably slim or defined and muscled) the website is inspirational! Have bookmarked it!

23998327.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Mishka84
    Mishka84 Posts: 17
    Options
    Heck, yes it is sexy! I wonder how many guys are actually jealous because they don't have the disciplined, determination andwork ethic to reach the fitness level she has.

Haha, yes exactly, I think it's very threatening to a mans ego. Personally I think it looks amazing, it shows a hell of a lot of hard work and determination and a lot of us can only aspire to one day looking this way. Some women think they will pick up a barbell in a gym and sprout enormous 'manly' muscles the next day haha, it takes a long time to start building the smallest amount of muscle.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think all the "beauty is on the inside" crap is pretty ridiculous. Physical beauty is on the outside. Period. I'm glad you are a great person and everything, but that doesn't mean you are beautiful. Sorry. That's just the way it is. If you want to be attractive, you can't be fat. Sure, some people will find you attractive, but that is like saying a poor American is successful in Ethiopia.

Of course its the first thing a person see's but its not the end all be all. With that same rational it doesn't take long to see how ugly and vapid some pretty peoples insides are. Hopefully you can learn to stop being so judgmental one day :heart:

Don't forget it's not just being fat that's the only potential unattractive quality. People also get old so I hope that doesn't turn them automatically ugly too.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

A bit harsh! But its the beautiful people who seem to have it easy as the perception goes.
  • rsqsquad05
    rsqsquad05 Posts: 125
    Options
    I don't have a 6 pack but I have gained a good amount of muscle in my upper body and legs and wondered this same thing. I never "liked" the look of muscular women before I started doing crossfit. Now that I have a little muscle I can't decide if I like it or not. It's interesting to see everyones opinion though.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Sorry to disappoint you, but this won't be an angry response :smile:

I take your point that physical beauty is on the outside. That is very true.

But, not everybody finds the same physical characteristics attractive.. You can see that from the responses on this thread. Some people love the idea of the muscly look on a woman, others not so much. You only have to read the frequent "black women" threads on MFP to read comments from black women saying that many men like bigger women and don't like it if their girlfriends are thin. So - it's all about point of view, cultural expectation and personal preference.

You might not find a fat person attractive. That's your point of view and it is absolutely correct. For you.
    Not necessarily for everyone else though.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't find super ripped women very attractive... I like them to look flat, yet soft... still with a little something to poke at. I like them to LOOK "skinny fat", but still be very strong lol

Haha, THIS!

I wanna look skinny fat, yet be strong. I just don't wanna "be" skinny fat. :/ I already was skinny fat as a teen, not gonna happen again!
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love the look of a well toned female body - just some nice definition, but not super ripped as I thin kI just associate that with being quite masculine. I'm not bothered about having a visible 6-pack, but having a flat, nicely toned tummy would be wonderful as I've never had that.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

Agreed! Sorry, I'm not marrying you just because you're a nice dude. You gotta be hot too!
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Running with my other half I can leave her standing - love it.... and it's not the beating it's just amusing to see her reaction - I can because of traits she loves.

I think if you dont like the look the alpha male in you feels threatened ... what do the guys who don't like look like?
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sexy with a capital S!!
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    muscles dont deter me or attract me to a gal. abs are the same. slim to toned is great. and if a gal i wanted to date wanted to get low bodyfat for a competition it wouldnt bother me, we all know thoose low bodyfat levels are not year round and in the off season it would be to what most people consider the norm. also lets face it, when a photo is taken you tense your abs, normally you wouldnt tense it the same and it looks alot better when definition is already there
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't like how I look with defined muscles, but being straight, I don't care how other women look. I can admire muscles, but it isn't something I find attractive, on men or women.

I am saying this as someone with a fair bit of muscle. I do sometimes think I look like a man in a dress.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    Sexy, seductive, sensual...etc. For average women- those women who say it is not - are lazy enough to have that kind of goal/fintess and those men who who say it is not- are themselves not muscular. Well, not included in my universe are the professional female bodybuilders!

More than anything else- it is reflection of commitment and hard work!
  • firedad
    firedad Posts: 59
    Options
    I love a girl who could kick my *kitten*. There is a tipping point though. The scary looking body builder type is too much.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Women should stop caring what others think of their bodies and worry about being fit and healthy and living their best life possible. I can appreciate wanting to be attractive, but the truth is that it doesn't matter if you're lean and fit, have abs, have flab, have rolls. Someone is going to find you attractive, and someone is going to find you unattractive. Be who you want to be. Let the rest of the world judge as they see fit.

FWIW, I think women who are fit are incredibly admirable and beautiful from the inside out. Same goes for women who make their health and fitness a priority in life even if they aren't ripped.

Thissss
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    If the chick looks like she may give me some go in a fight, the answer is no.

Unless you have a habit of trying to beat women, I don't see how this would even be an issue :huh:

Exactly what I thought :L

creepy answer IMO
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread: It's gone for almost 80 pages: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/626922-hot-women-with-muscles
    [/quote

love this thread, I think is very attractive, hard work blood sweat and tears, not only is it attractive but hugely impressive also