Are muscled/defined women attractive?

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    They must be nuts. HELL YEAH ITS ATTRACTIVE! But I have also noticed that it depends if the guy enjoys a STRONG woman. Most guys are too old fashioned to enjoy a STRONG woman Mentally and Physically
  • I personally find fit women smoking hot. I would love to grab the reins on my emotional eating and join the ranks!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    I think they are gorgeous and can't wait to be one of them. :) One of my favorite burlesque starlets has made her trademark her amazing fit physique and she does get a lot of slack by ignorant audience members. Especially jealous men her quads are banging!
  • I think a muscular woman is the most attractive thing ever!!! Not Arnold big but toned and strong. It shows she really cares about her fitness not just being skinny!
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    <<<<<<<<< I don't know, I would hope yes, but you tell me :-D YEY or NEY ?
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Women should stop caring what others think of their bodies and worry about being fit and healthy and living their best life possible. I can appreciate wanting to be attractive, but the truth is that it doesn't matter if you're lean and fit, have abs, have flab, have rolls. Someone is going to find you attractive, and someone is going to find you unattractive. Be who you want to be. Let the rest of the world judge as they see fit.

FWIW, I think women who are fit are incredibly admirable and beautiful from the inside out. Same goes for women who make their health and fitness a priority in life even if they aren't ripped.

this gets my vote!!!!

Couldn't say it better
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    b67tx1.jpg

2mmv0n.jpg

deo8li.jpg

2jaylv6.jpg

Sexy as hell.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    ^^hell yes!
  • moniemrs
    moniemrs Posts: 4
    Muscles on women are hot, takes a lot of work to get there. Shows desire and dedication which is a sexy trait.

^^^^ Agreed
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    "Are muscled/defined women attractive"?

Only if accompanied by big, fake boobs :P

In all seriousness, I always get a kick out of the fact that it is usually women who respond to these posts. I honestly can't imagine a male starting a thread that says "Are muscled/defined men attractive"? and then have the majority of responses coming from men.

My true two cents? Any woman who is making a serious effort to be the best that she can be is attractive. Because beauty comes from within, and for a woman to become "muscled/defined" requires dedication to diet and fitness. How can that not be attractive? Respect yourself and others will respect/admire you.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Anybody who is dedicated to their health and fitness is attractive, in my book. Most of my girl-crushes are on the muscular side, and I like to see it in myself.

But as so many more have said before me, and much more eloquently - life isn't a beauty queen contest. All shapes and sizes are beautiful. What is uniformly gorgeous, however, is people's dedication and commitment to their health. That's a sexy trait, whichever way it's sliced.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    I'm all about some ab definition, but I don't like the way a true 6-pack looks on a woman, even one who doesn't look like a bodybuilder. It just doesn't look feminine to me. I have nothing but admiration for the hard work it takes to achieve and maintain that level of leanness, but I don't find it attractive. Then again, I'm a woman, and I like men, so my opnion doesn't matter much.
  • narick
    narick Posts: 23
    defined/in shape women are very attractive. I more or less think its the fact that I have something in common right of the bat with that girl that makes her so attractive but to be honest anyone with a passion for something is attractive in my opinion, Dedication, desire and determination, the most attractive attributes a female can have.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    So, a few weeks ago I was hosting a party and was talking amongst a bunch of people (both men and women, mid twenties). I was flipping through facebook and noticed one of the girls that I used to play volleyball with. She has amazing abs (like a true 6 pack), nice breasts, and an overall amazing body in my opinion. When I showed the picture to my friends, the reaction I got was surprising. Everyone thought that she was "too muscled" to have a sexually attractive body. What really astonished me was that the guys in the group found her abs revolting, and said that a flat stomach is nice, but that they would prefer a little pudge to defined abs.

So my question is, what do you think? Are defined women too masculine to be considered "sexy" in the societal normative way? Why or why not?

Personally I do not find it attractive in any way or form. Often the hips have shrunk and the shoulders are broad, so along with the defined muscle comes a more manly shape in general. I think a woman who is cut and toned is sexy, but some women take it too far to be attractive to me.

Edit: I find it hard to believe that men are just intimidated by these women, but whatever helps ya sleep at night... it seems more likely to me that they don't want to hit the sack with a woman who physically feels like their gym buddies. I can't imagine wanting to be with a woman who is as hard as a man... shudder

And to the above poster who pointed at her own photo and said YEY OR NEY... I feel like I WANT to answer because you asked, but also like maybe I shouldn't because it's probably not what you want to hear. Don't you think that on threads like these it's probably better to leave out the personal? That's like me going on a thread about fat people not being attractive, posting a pic and expecting people to change their mind. Seems like it'd just open up a world of hurt for me, you know?
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    <SNIP>. What really astonished me was that the guys in the group found her abs revolting, and said that a flat stomach is nice, but that they would prefer a little pudge to defined abs.<SNIP>

Maybe they figure she's way out of their league and so, instead of risking rejection, they don't even make attempt to 'go for it'.
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    <SNIP>. What really astonished me was that the guys in the group found her abs revolting, and said that a flat stomach is nice, but that they would prefer a little pudge to defined abs.<SNIP>

Maybe they figure she's way out of their league and so, instead of risking rejection, they don't even make attempt to 'go for it'.

bump.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member

Sure. Same reason I don't get hit on. :laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    So, a few weeks ago I was hosting a party and was talking amongst a bunch of people (both men and women, mid twenties). I was flipping through facebook and noticed one of the girls that I used to play volleyball with. She has amazing abs (like a true 6 pack), nice breasts, and an overall amazing body in my opinion. When I showed the picture to my friends, the reaction I got was surprising. Everyone thought that she was "too muscled" to have a sexually attractive body. What really astonished me was that the guys in the group found her abs revolting, and said that a flat stomach is nice, but that they would prefer a little pudge to defined abs.

So my question is, what do you think? Are defined women too masculine to be considered "sexy" in the societal normative way? Why or why not?

I am a big fan of women with muscles. Not overly-competition-muscles (although I do admire women who are totally jacked). I think a nice show of muscle is very sexy. I've been places and I've seen girls who are thin and I often think "She's got a nice body but it would be a lot better if she had some muscle to her." That's just me though and it could be because I have muscles myself and I love them.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    I wonder if it's a regional thing...I know a few women who work out a ton and have lots of muscles and they get PLENTY of attention. To the point where one of them wears headphones all the time at the gym because guys kept hitting on her. (This is a 140 pound, 5'2" girl who does chin ups with a 35# weight attached to her belt)
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    I like muscle on a girl but there can definitely be too much on a girl I do not like the bulky body builder type muscle that is so well defined you can't tell if the girl has pecks or boobs. :) sorry But I love a girl with some definition