Is it ok for a woman..........

Options

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    For the record...if my wife was off playing games she should have grown out of when she was 11 for hours on end every single weekend...I might shop around too. Though I'd at least have the decency to get a divorce first.

If you want to play games then cool...but it sounds like she doesn't share the same interest...so why don't you cut down on your game time and find something for you both to do.
  • SWiel84
    SWiel84 Posts: 43
    Options
    i'm married and i would never talk to another guy for hours on the phone. i'm with everyone else; there's something going on there.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Actually, Grown men do play Dungeons and Dragons. My brother in law plays something like that and travels and plays in tournaments. So as odd as it may sound, it happens. Really gives the wife no excuse to do what she is doing. If all that she is doing is "chatting" then she wouldn't feel the need to be defensive about it.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wait wait wait...she's been friends with him for 14 years? Knock it off dude...if she hasn't boned him yet she's not going to now.

And about your "gal friends"....how many of them have you known for 14 years? I'll tell you right now I would never stop talking to someone I've known that long just because my wife said so. I have female friends I've known for that long. There's also no question about my intention with them. The only person I want anything beyond friendship with is my wife and she knows it.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    If it makes you uncomfortable.... then there is a problem. talk to her about it.
  • donjoe1024
    donjoe1024 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the comments and all the words I appreciate it I want to put it into perspective for everyone and see how everyone feels so far it is fishy to most thanks a ton keep posting I appreciate all the feedback
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Depends on who this guy is but I can't imagine talking on the phone for 3 hours to anyone unless I was romantically interested in them.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    After reading this a couple of times, it has to be a joke. No adult play Dungeons and Dragons. That's just...well...odd! But, to each his/her own.

HAHA

I used to be a Teacher's Aide, and the science teacher at the school played D&D every wednesdays w/ a group of kids. It was odd- And his little club had a lot more members than mine. XD
  • bellyake3
    bellyake3 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Is it ok for a woman to talk on the phone to a guy for three hours if she is married? and talk to him for an hour here and an hour there and txt him at 1030 at night? Is it being unsupportive to be uncomfortable with that and saying how you feel about it? I am curious. WHat everyones opinion is on it. Even if she says you can go do whatever and then brings up the fact that she is supportive of me cause she lets me hang with the guys every other weekend at his house playing Dungeons and Dragons, yes I said I am a role player. Please Id like the opinions of everyone. Thanks

Hubby is doing the same thing and passing it off like it's a work thing...he admitted to wanting more from her and to have feelings for her..but that's all he admits to..

dude you already know what's up. I did, and you seem more educated then me...wake up. Even if it is legit (which in my mind it isn't) then she should know better. If she has a history as having guys for buds and can remain "friends" no benifits then yeah your fine. But if not, she's screwin' or gonna be screwin' around...so sorry but i feel you on this one...be well
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Simple answer in my own opinion is NO, It's not OK.

Reverse the roles, with the guy on the phone to a female friend for hours or constantly texting - I personally would be peed off.

Moreso over the night time conversations.

Now, the ONLY reason why I say the above is because my Ex has been friends with a female for pretty much 13 out of 15 yrs that I've known him and still is may I hasten to add. Apparently they used to know each other BEFORE we got together. Now ever since they started up as friends again, lets just say, she has followed us EVERYWHERE we have gone / moved to. At certain times, she has actually worked for us or him rather. But, back a number of years ago, she was CONSTANTLY texting and ringing sometimes late at night adn at the time when I was pregnant with my first child, it was pretty horrible. There's other aspects of her being more than friendly with him at the time too....yes, twice. She hangs around him everyday like she's with him. She's partly the reason, he's an ex. pretty much.

So, yeah, I'd be peeved if there was more to it that was VALIDATED / CONFIRMED if there was something going on.

OTHERWISE, if they are calls and messages from friends only, then yeah, even if they are of the opposite sex. I'd personally be fine with it unless I thought there was more to it. But then you have to be careful not to stray onto the path of becoming paranoid.

It's about trust too, which I obviously lost complete trust in my ex after certain events. If you know REALLY know deep down that your spouse is being 100% faithful to you, then there shouldn't be ANYTHING to worry about.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    At least she isn't trying to hide the fact she's cheating on you like mine did. If she hasn't cheated already... she's heading that direction. You guys need to talk. Good luck.
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    The only one that can say if it is ok its you.
    Talking on the phone , sending messages doesnt mean that she thinks of him in a romantic way or sexual way .
    Can u talk with her from 3 hours if he doesnt ? Instead of talking with her about it, if it bothers u, take her to do things, talk with her about different subjects
    Married or not married , a person has to be happy .
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on context. With just the information given, I would have a chat with her.
    Make sure you upgrade your armor class first, though!
  • donjoe1024
    donjoe1024 Posts: 30
    Options
    She is a homebody she likes to stay home and if I ask to go out she says nah Id rather enjoy the tme at home. SO I have tried asking her to go out with me and such but she never really has the urge a lunch she enjoys but not much else
  • Manarelle
    Manarelle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you can't talk to your old gal friends, then she shouldn't be talking to any guy friends. Plain and simple.

This is my second reaction. That sounds like a huge double standard, and I've found hypocrisy and cheating tend to go hand in hand.

My first reaction is that yeah, something is fishy. Unless it's a relative or a gay guy that she treats as a girlfriend, then something is amiss. As sexist or whatever as it sounds, as dollipop said, no man would spend that much time on the phone unless he's trying to get into her pants....
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I think she found someone that doesn't still play Dungeons and Dragons.

^ This.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    After reading this a couple of times, it has to be a joke. No adult play Dungeons and Dragons. That's just...well...odd! But, to each his/her own.

HAHA

Uh... I know many adults who play D&D. So... yeah.

Anyways, the texts don't really raise any flags for me... I have guy friends that text me late at night, but usually it's just to tell me something stupid. BUT the three hours on the phone at a time is pretty excessive. :huh: Maybe you should ask her how she would feel if you had a female friend that you spent three hours on the phone with every other day? It doesn't mean she's done anything wrong, but it does seem that something' could be brewing. Good luck!
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    How long have u guys been together?
    I have sat her down and she has said they are good friends and nothing more and they have been friends for 14 years. She has told me I can not talk to my old gal friends and she has said that if they say anything innappropriate she will not talk to him anymore so can I trust what she is saying. I have been through this before with exs and it never ends up right at all. Thanks for the twentysided comment LOL that is hilarious.
  • Valkira
    Valkira Posts: 7
    Options
    You should talk to her. No point in guessing and pointing finger, no point in wondering what if. Marriage should be about communication and compromise. Hopefully it is nothing, hopefully it all works out in the end. However, you have to talk to her. I wish you all the best. Good luck.
  • PWalker1913
    Options
    I'm a married woman and I do not believe its ok.