30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• kathleenp518
    kathleenp518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I just started Level 1 Day 1 today and I was sweating like crazy! I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow but I'm going to keep going. No pain no gain!!
  • leanmeanmom
    leanmeanmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm just getting back into My Fitness Pal. Gained 3 lbs lately and I can sure see why. Have never been a runner but have always thought I would love it. So, even though today is Jun 13, I will pick up from here and join.

Thanks for your encouragement.
    I had lost 28 lbs dieting and plan to keep it off after I get lean. Alot of flab, so hoping running and weight will help that.

Mary

:happy:
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 2 day 4. Totally exhausted, I did more of the advanced moves today. Omg it's hard!!! Jillian is a killer! My stamina from level 1 is so amazingly different, I couldn't do all the jumping jacks and jump ropes in level 1 I'm a pro at level 2's cardio lol!

I agree....so happy with how much more I am able to do when it comes to cardio. I'm not doing double jump rope or anything, but I am able to complete that circuit. I find my neck and shoulders bother me the most, but I always seem to have trouble with that. Finished Day 5 level 2 today. Half way...can hardly wait to be done this level, even though it does seem to go by quicker than Level 1 for some reason. Was tired today after work, only burned 200 calories, but tomorrow is a day off so maybe more calories will be burned. Will see....
  • thisisforever21
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble with shin splints or knee pain from this? I'm a little worried that I'm going to cause an injury if I keep working out with this going on. I'm not sure if I'm doing the exercises wrong or if it's just from such steady activity after such a long time at the sedentary level. Any thoughts?
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ^ I also have shin splint pain. I figured out that mine was due to my shoes (I have low arches so I need a more stable shoe). Make sure you ice it and then apply heat after the workout. Do extra stretched afterwards as well.

Mine is getting better, but it is a slow heal since I am not giving "rest" days. If it hurts too much, I would consult a doctor but if the pain goes away after sitting down for a little bit I think its just from your legs not being used to the impact
  • Kerri1952
    Kerri1952 Posts: 7
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 down. Still have to get better with calorie counting, but am excited that tomorrow is my last day of Level 1. I am looking forward to a change although I hear level 2 is a beast!
  • Lmacpherson114
    Options
    Today should be day 8 of level 1 and i'm really struggling. my arthritis is flaring up and i don't know what to do: work out but do an extremely modified version or to have a rest day? Really don't know what to do!
  • callikelly
    callikelly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to get home today and start day 8 of Level 1. I've lost 5 lbs, but I think that's due to me running on the treadmill as well. Unfortunately I did not take measurements before. So I only entered today on my check-in the measurements. I hope I lost some inches as well.

Good luck everybody, keep on working towards your goals!!! I know that I'm tired everytime I get home, but I always decided to push play.

There's a saying I've heard several times , "No one ever says darn I wish I hadn't exercised today." I keep that in my mind when I'm tired and get up and workout.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have completed Day 9 of level 1. I haven't lost much in the way inches that I have noticed, but I remember from before that I tend to lose a little all over so it is hard to notice right away. I do think some of my clothes are fitting differently, but it is hard to say. I have only lost 2 lbs in the last week and a half and finally back to my pre-vacation weight in mid May. :laugh:
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 DOWN as of last night...and OH MY GOSH...what a workout! I feel like it's a much harder workout than level 1, but I'm very impressed with my stamina compared to Day 1 of Level1. I feel like Level 2 moves a lot quicker and doesn't feel like it drags by. I actually enjoyed it...now, ask me 10 days from now and I'll have another answer :)
  • risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do this workout in conjunction with another exercise? Like walking/jogging/running? Anything like that?
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do this workout in conjunction with another exercise? Like walking/jogging/running? Anything like that?

I walk every evening just about
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    OMG level 2 is tough!! First day of it today, I had to do most of the beginner modifications and was dripping in sweat still. My shoulders definitely felt the burn! I had to have a few breathers but I'm hoping that it'll be like level 1and I'll find the moves easier after day 3/4. Before I'd have given up at this level but I'm determined to finish this!!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options

My schedule has been a bit crazy so far, but I do plan to add in TurboFire in the evenings. Possibly starting next week.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    OMG level 2 is tough!! First day of it today, I had to do most of the beginner modifications and was dripping in sweat still. My shoulders definitely felt the burn! I had to have a few breathers but I'm hoping that it'll be like level 1and I'll find the moves easier after day 3/4. Before I'd have given up at this level but I'm determined to finish this!!

oh no! That's what I'm worried about;0!

I did level 1 day 6 today--did a lot better:) I missed 2 days because my husband took me on a get away for our anniversary so I decided that was more important:). I was worried that I'd have trouble today but I don't feel that I really lost anything taking 3 days off;0. (I did do Walk Away the Lbs Mon--just 3 days of Jillian)
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 5 done!! I'm half way through the shred! Today was the easiest so far, my stamina is amazing compared to level 1 day 1! Bring it on Jillian!
  • mightymac
    mightymac Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i just started level today also, but i did level one first then level 2 straight after, omg! that was a killer! then stupid as i am i went and did a 40 min walk, oh well no pain no gain hey :-) probably pay for it tomorrow though haha
  • callikelly
    callikelly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "Just measured myself and after just 10 days I've lost 1/2 an inch from each arm, 1 inch from my hips and 1 1/2 inches from my waist! Not bad for just 10 days work!! :) "

Great job.

Sorry, I don't know how to quote on here.
  • rawegman
    rawegman Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Rachel, I just started myfitnesspal on Tuesday, June 12th.
    I have lost 2.8 pounds so far :)

Question:
    I recently did Jillian's ripped in 30 and I'm wondering how I can log this in my exercise?
    Note : The tape features the 3 - 2 - 1 system (3 min of strength training, 2 min cardio, 1 min abs) x 3
    Any Suggestions?
    -Rachel
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just did Level 2, Day 1. Have to agree with the others who said their stamina is so much better than when they started Level 1. I pushed through the whole workout, only stopping to catch my breath a couple of times. I probably shouldn't have done it right after I did 20 minutes of Zumba, but I knew if I put it off until later, I wouldn't get to it.