SEXUAL PREFERENCES SINCE LOSING WEIGHT?

Options

Replies

• shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

Haha, it's not that bad. But yes, your hormones do incredible things to you. So, hormone changes from weight loss could certainly change attraction. I'm still attracted to my husband, but stopping birth control did change me (mostly because I haven't known myself off of it since I was 16). So, it's not exactly on topic, but: if you're a female on hormonal birth control and you're about to get married, stop taking it for a few months before you actually do. Haha. That's my non-medical anthropology-trained advice.

Oh my goodness yes, I just got off of birth control and my whole world has changed.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    This could be more interesting than sexual preference after stopping birth control. But not by much. Because that ****...that ****'s real.

But anyway--I don't think it changed at all from weight loss. I still like who I like.

You know, this brings up a good point. Wasn't there a recent study saying birth control messes up natual attraction somehow? I forget, but the point is, there is a lot of subconscious stuff we're attracted to without ever realizing it.

Yes. I am living proof that it is real. Ask my husband...haha. Sigh.

Oh no! I'm so sorry and I hope you find a solution that works for you! I know how frustrating it is to have hormonal changes that just kill all attraction. Poor guy...excuse me while I go feel guilty now.

Haha, it's not that bad. But yes, your hormones do incredible things to you. So, hormone changes from weight loss could certainly change attraction. I'm still attracted to my husband, but stopping birth control did change me (mostly because I haven't known myself off of it since I was 16). So, it's not exactly on topic, but: if you're a female on hormonal birth control and you're about to get married, stop taking it for a few months before you actually do. Haha. That's my non-medical anthropology-trained advice.

Don't forget to not get pregnant while you're stopping that BC though, just in case he isn't the one for you!

I don't know, as I get older, more experienced, having had a wider range of partners and having been, in some ways, a wider range of person, I'm a lot mellower about things like pnysique, but one thing hasn't changed. I don't like timorous men of any weight. Don't lack self confidence, or you'll increase my lack of self confidence!

Edit- oh, and I had my tubes tied. One of the best decisions I ever made, but obviously not an option for those who might want (more) kids someday!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that my sexual appetite has been going crazy. The more I seem to lose, the more I crave sex. Anytime. Anywhere. :) My favorite position is the prison guard!

LIGHTS ON, too ;)
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    No I am still attracted to the same types of people just thinking they may actually be attracted to me now lol...
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just kidding. But yea...I liked women with hair and teeth before and I still like women with hair and teeth!
    Hair and teeth and now i even expect a little personal hygene
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I've now ventured to utilizing the remainder of my orifices.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    nope hasen't changed.....still like men.....men that are tall with broad shoulders and muscles....oh and a brain!! lol
  • kmel2479
    kmel2479 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    No I am still attracted to the same types of people just thinking they may actually be attracted to me now lol...

Hahaha! This is what I'm waiting for:laugh:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Just kidding. But yea...I liked women with hair and teeth before and I still like women with hair and teeth!
    Hair and teeth and now i even expect a little personal hygene

:laugh: Whoa now, don't get too crazy!
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm down almost 40lbs now and I don't think my preferences have changed any. I am a bit hornier these days with all this extra energy and greater flexibility so I gotta keep that in check
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that my sexual appetite has been going crazy. The more I seem to lose, the more I crave sex. Anytime. Anywhere. :) My favorite position is the prison guard!

LIGHTS ON, too ;)

lights on. lol. thats a NSV. with mirrors on the ceiling...thats a REAL NSV. lol
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    When I was overweight I only found fit guys attractive now that I am @ a healthy weight... Still not @ my goal fit I find a lil chubby guys attractive. Not obese but a lil overweight... I use my fiance's stomach to lay my head on like a pillow :D
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have found that since losing 50 lbs & becoming way more physically active my preferences have changed to.... JUST WANTING IT ALL THE DAMN TIME!!

And i think about men constantly :love:
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nope,i haven't really noticed a change...my BF is tall 6'2.5" and 190lbs and he has a lil belly, like he doesnt have abs,but i LOVE his lil gut,hehe..recently hes lost 10lbs and has been running & swimming (i like to think i encouraged him,hehe) and im kinda sad to see that his "lil gut" is slowly disappearing :*( i want it to stay,lol :*}

But i guess,i like all kinds of guys,just not overweight men...:)
  • klacoille
    klacoille Posts: 53
    Options
    It hasn't changed yet, I still prefer the mountain men type :bigsmile: Or if they look like Thor :wink:

Yes please, I'll take Thor, too.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much yet, having just started trying, but I doubt my type is going to change. I definitely go for the gawky/gangly, tall and dark type. Glasses and a brain are a plus. Luckily, my husband fits all of those categories.

I think my first ever celebrity crush was Jeff Goldblum. These days, Zach Braff. I also have a weird thing for Alton Brown. Before he got all skinny though. It's all about the brains there!

I have never been the type to swoon over the Fabio type - big muscles and shiny hairless chests do nothing for me. Except if they're on Chris Hemsworth. He's the only exception to my geek-boy rule.
  • aquitania
    aquitania Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that my sexual appetite has been going crazy. The more I seem to lose, the more I crave sex. Anytime. Anywhere. :)

OMG, this!!!! Totally... :D
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    It hasn't changed yet, I still prefer the mountain men type :bigsmile: Or if they look like Thor :wink:

This my type of man too! I have always like tall men because Im tall and it helped me feel smaller...
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I've now ventured to utilizing the remainder of my orifices.

OMG...Is it Rex Manning Day!?!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options

IT'S ALSO WEIRD TO BE SMALLER THAN A GUY BUT I REALLY LOVE IT NOW.

what? it's horrible being bigger than a guy