Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options

Replies

• nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I don't accept them out of respect for my husband.
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    Options
    :( I can give good advice even though I lack estrogen. And I'm good for entertainment as well.
    [/quote

HAHAHA!! Too Funny!]
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, some of my biggest supporters are my male friends and while male and female bodies differ I feel having friends that cheer me on or answer my questions is more important than biology.
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    Seriously? I stalk the men of MFP. LOL
    Really???
    STALK ME!!!!!!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    The answer is always...

C.) Everybody is different. Do what is right for you.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yup!
    The answer is always...

C.) Everybody is different. Do what is right for you.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If a man wants to creep your profile, he can easily make an account claiming he's a woman.

I think the solution is to not post pics that you wouldn't want your dad to see.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. It doesn't matter whether or not a mans body is different from a woman's. I'll take advice from either. Heck, the person I always go to for advice is a good friend of mine who is a male and a serious athlete. The fact that he's a man has nothing to do with the fact that he knows what he's talking about and can help me break plateaus and give me different exercises to use. Also as someone earlier mentioned, a lot of the women on my FL don't have the same body as I do but I'm friends with them to lend support, cheer them on when they hit a goal or kick them in the *kitten* when they need it.

With that said if he suddenly turns into a creeper then you're deleted.
  • fiona2785
    fiona2785 Posts: 82
    Options
    Yes. I do.

When I think about my friends IRL; at home it's just me and my husband, so all interaction at home is with a man. My best friend is male (and for those who don't think purely platonic friendship is possible between a straight man and a straight woman, trust me, it really is. You should try it some day). In my wider friendship group, the split is about 50:50.

At work, it is an all-female environment. And it drives me bloody nuts.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes men are people too. If my husband is uncomfortable with it he hasn't said, but I'm sure he is fine as I'm not dating anyone.. or anything else. I like having men evaluate my workouts because my goals are a bit closer to that of a mans. I want to have muslces and be toned up. I lift and do supersets often.

Oh.. and I met my husband on the internet.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? I mean yes our bodies are definitely different, but in terms of support and motivation, I don't see where gender makes any difference what so ever. I cheer on my male friends and female friends just the same, because we are all trying to reach the same goals.
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hmm i accept them if their friends list is not full of females only !
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    sometimes....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just feel like men and women's bodies are way too different for me to be accepting requests from the opposite sex. Might get some flack for that, but that is just what I do personally not trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to know if there were other girls like myself who do not accept friend requests from males on MFP. If so, what's your reasoning behind it?

I personally do if they follow the send me a message why rule but that goes for both chicks and guys. If you don't want to accept male pals I'm not going to give you flack for that, some people do and some people don't. The issue that I have with your statement is that your logic is faulty. Hum, so other than hormones and undercarriage equipment how are mens and womens bodies different? I mean, we even both have nipples so not much differents upstairs anyway.
  • betteringmyselfeachday
    Options
    Absolutely! Now they might not appreciate when I mention Aunt Flo visits, etc. But support is awesome regardless of their sex. Support is awesome from both sexes, because they might be able to offer different advice!

I don't see the cons with it. heck some people have even fell in love with someone from here! :0
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing. Women are perfectly fine having an all ladies FL, but men? Well, we're a bit different as you know. No way in hell I'm gonna have an all guys FL! So you ladies that don't accept men, well, you're just hurting us and giving us a complex! LMAO
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just feel like men and women's bodies are way too different for me to be accepting requests from the opposite sex. Might get some flack for that, but that is just what I do personally not trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to know if there were other girls like myself who do not accept friend requests from males on MFP. If so, what's your reasoning behind it?

I personally do if they follow the send me a message why rule but that goes for both chicks and guys. If you don't want to accept male pals I'm not going to give you flack for that, some people do and some people don't. The issue that I have with your statement is that your logic is faulty. Hum, so other than hormones and undercarriage equipment how are mens and womens bodies different? I mean, we even both have nipples so not much differents upstairs anyway.
    thanks you Alaine!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing. Women are perfectly fine having an all ladies FL, but men? Well, we're a bit different as you know. No way in hell I'm gonna have an all guys FL! So you ladies that don't accept men, well, you're just hurting us and giving us a complex! LMAO

On the other hand...I know men that are just so insecure with themselves that they have NO male friends...just women. So they have their own complexes to deal with...don't blame us!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I guess you have never heard of innocent men being accused of sexual harassment? The first year my husband was a professor, a very nice fellow professor was accused of sexual harassment. He had no way to prove he was innocent! He said/She said. My husband has set guidelines to follow for several reasons. To protect himself from false accusations and from allowing a friendship to get too close, by setting up these boundaries he is protecting himself.

I've never heard of that happening in the country where I live, and it sounds really, REALLY messed up... but if that's the state of things in the US, then forget the part about your husband, I can understand that.
    You said I have control over how much flirting I do and I can stop when it gets too intense. I AM a married woman, I should not be flirting with other men. Why give off a signal when I have NO intention on following through with the act? When I flirt with a man, it is because I am interested in him. I should and I AM only interested in my husband. So, I do not flirt with other men and he does not flirt with other women....we do all of that stuff with each other. AND, this could be why we have a very strong and trusting relationship.

You have control way before it gets to that point. If a man flirts with you, you can stop him and reject him right away. If an MFP friend pervs on you, you can delete him, just like any other girl does. In the message before this, you wrote:
    I am not going open myself up to something that could destroy our relationship (ie: chatting with men or having them on my FL and then talking to them too much or texting them, or eventually sexting them)

What I'm saying is, you can stop things way before they escalate into sexting. Attractive women get hit on all the time, but they are very good at rejecting advances. The people who leave their spouses didn't do so because they were exposed to a lot of people of the other sex, they did so because there was something missing in their own relationship. You grow feelings toward someone when what you already have isn't enough. And it sounds like you're very close to your husband, so I believe there's no risk of that happening.
    I think it is wise to set up boundaries for oneself. And I believe it is foolish to think, it will never happen to me. I have no problem with others have male and female friends on their FL. That is cool and they can do what they want. I just find it odd that when someone says that they do not have the opposite sex in their FL, they are attacked as "not having control" or having "trust Issues"

AND, I need to say, that I would not be happy if my husband was flirting with other women or asking other women to send him special pictures through Email or text.

Yes, of course it's very important to set up boundaries, but I think they must be there for the right reasons. I'm not criticising your decision not to have males in your FL. I'm just trying to show you that the reason why you've been faithful and so close all these years is because you fulfill each other, not because you've successfully avoided temptation at all costs.

All the best

I figure I should clarify a little more. I do not avoid men, in fact my life is full of men. Besides my family, everything I do us male related...sports. I have even coached and had make assistant coaches. I have male friends on Facebook. The main difference is, I know these men and I know their families. On here, I do not know anyone on here. So I will chat with men on the forums but I prefer to keep my home page personal and just women.
    My husband is on MFP and he is not even on myFL. He knew that I wanted a place for just girl talk and he respects that and he wanted to respect my female friends too.
    To those that accept male requests, that is fine...I just choose to keep my MFP home page just for chicks.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Yes but I don't take advice from them. I find that men have a similar sense of humor to me, and similar general goals (increase strength). So I like the camaraderie but our bodies are too different to offer helpful advice.

^^^this

^^^^Agree!