Are muscled/defined women attractive?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Women should stop caring what others think of their bodies and worry about being fit and healthy and living their best life possible. I can appreciate wanting to be attractive, but the truth is that it doesn't matter if you're lean and fit, have abs, have flab, have rolls. Someone is going to find you attractive, and someone is going to find you unattractive. Be who you want to be. Let the rest of the world judge as they see fit.

FWIW, I think women who are fit are incredibly admirable and beautiful from the inside out. Same goes for women who make their health and fitness a priority in life even if they aren't ripped.

^^^THIS.......we see these threads all the time!
    Love yourself!!
  • garzapat1005
    garzapat1005 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lean muscle is hot on a female!
  • hollancia
    hollancia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't find abs attractive on girls, a flat stomach is much nicer. My boyfriend also agrees which is good x
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    If the chick looks like she may give me some go in a fight, the answer is no.

haha, I find this an interesting gender role example. I find it interesting that lots of men need to be stronger than their significant others. I wonder if it related to our society's definition of masculinity?

I think it may have something to do with it.

I love my abs and muscle definition and I really don't care if someone doesn't think it's attractive or not. I train so that I like what I see on me...no one else.
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My husband will tell anyone who listens he likes me between 96-98 pounds. I like me between 92-94 pounds (I'm just a short, petite, person so I know that sounds small but I AM small). We try and compromise 94-96 but the truth is you have to live inside your body and true beauty comes from within, so if you feel beautiful others will think that you are beautiful, too. I bet if all those people met your Facebook friend and she was confident and happy they would find her attractive.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    "the societal normative way" That made me smile. I think there is very little "normal" in society.

What is attractive is such an personal thing. In a picture, I think most people probably consider a softer less muscled look more attractive on a woman. But in life, it's going to totally depend on her. How she carries herself, her personality, her style, etc.

I have nothing to back my thoughts up, other than my years of being alive in society.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    "the societal normative way" That made me smile. I think there is very little "normal" in society.

What is attractive is such an personal thing. In a picture, I think most people probably consider a softer less muscled look more attractive on a woman. But in life, it's going to totally depend on her. How she carries herself, her personality, her style, etc.

I have nothing to back my thoughts up, other than my years of being alive in society.

That makes you just as qualified as everyone else who's been posting here! :glasses:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Chicks with muscles rock!!! x
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    If on a scale of 1 to 100 competitive female body builders while actively competing rated a hundred any woman who rates higher than say 75-80 would be too musclar for my tastes. That's still fairly buff.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    beauty is always in the eye of the holder, as the saying goes. I personally love women who are ripped but not body builder big. But it really doesn't matter. Its what image the person in question is comfortable projecting. everyone needs to be comfortable in their own skin. don't make changes for anyone but yourself. just my opinion...

That's the best reply I've read :)
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I couldn't give a flying fish what "normative society" or men find attractive. Really don't care two hoots.

You need to find yourself attractive and like what you see, and there will be some who will think that you're perfect for them.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I think it is attractive. Probably because that it something I am trying to achieve. Whatever I want to be sexy is :)