10 in 9

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Do you eat 1430 everyday? and do u eat ur exercise cals?

ooh and I would love to hear that recipe for lean enchiladas! sound yum
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Nolachick- Glad to hear you are off to a good start this week!!! I love it when I can start the week off good... it definitely helps keep me in check the rest of the week!!

My workout tonight consists of 40 minutes of Turbo Kick Round 32, and 40 minutes of ChaLean Extreme. Mon, Wed, Saturdays are my strength training days combined with cardio. I'm pretty excited!! And I'm going to have some lean & healthy enchiladas tonight! I have found that eating within my calorie limit (which is 1430) is pretty easy when I'm eating foods that fill me up and have good nutritional value. I'm right on track with my 1 pound per week...and I hope I can continue!! If I can keep up with my goal...in 6 weeks for Christmas...I should be in the 150's!!! (Barely...haha..but, I'll take what I can get!) :bigsmile:

I know I say this a lot...but we CAN do this ladies!! Keep eating healthy and getting your workouts in. BTW, Shera....I'm not sure how you do those spinning classes!! Haha.. I tried this last Saturday and my legs didn't want to walk me back home!!

I don't know how I do it either to be honest LOL It's a love hate relationship, I love how I feel after and the calories I burn in the process. But I'm learning to like the push of the spin class, you never know what your going to do and the instructors are so motivating. I also decided I would stick with it and invested in spin shoes, BIG difference in using the muscles in your legs and much more comfortable.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i have recently started a body fat challenge through my gym. in the past 3 weeks i have gone from and 12 to 10 size and lost 10lbs and know i have gained muscle. this can be done ladies. STRICT diet. i eat 1100-1200 calories/day regardless of the amount of exercise. i try to do 5-6 bootcamps/week and 3 spin/cardio classes. in addition i am running small amounts at night (3/4 mile jog and then walking/sprints for 2-3 miles). i think this keeps my metabolism up. i try to keep my diet with no processed foods (nothing boxed, canned, no forzen meals, etc), no sugars, no white flours, limited wheat flours, lots of veggies, only very lean meats, limited fruits., some nuts. eating every 2-3 hours. 40% carbs/40% protein/20% fat (you can change your settings in the main goal/settings page). this will work and i have not felt hungry in 3 weeks. good luck with size 10, i am aiming for 8 in the next weeks, GOOD LUCK!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    i have recently started a body fat challenge through my gym. in the past 3 weeks i have gone from and 12 to 10 size and lost 10lbs and know i have gained muscle. this can be done ladies. STRICT diet. i eat 1100-1200 calories/day regardless of the amount of exercise. i try to do 5-6 bootcamps/week and 3 spin/cardio classes. in addition i am running small amounts at night (3/4 mile jog and then walking/sprints for 2-3 miles). i think this keeps my metabolism up. i try to keep my diet with no processed foods (nothing boxed, canned, no forzen meals, etc), no sugars, no white flours, limited wheat flours, lots of veggies, only very lean meats, limited fruits., some nuts. eating every 2-3 hours. 40% carbs/40% protein/20% fat (you can change your settings in the main goal/settings page). this will work and i have not felt hungry in 3 weeks. good luck with size 10, i am aiming for 8 in the next weeks, GOOD LUCK!!

wow thats a great job! that sounds strict. can u set ur food diary to public so we can get a better idea of what your meals are like?

Thanks!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options

you are only eating 1100 to 1200 a day??? That seems SO low, especially when all of my doctors, dieticians and nutritionists I've ever been to have said that anything under 1200 calories is "Starvation Mode" and your body will start to hang onto the fat in order for your body to function properly. Especially when you are SO active! Trust me, getting more calories in is OK. Once your body goes into "starvation mode" it really hurts your metabolism. Trust me, been there. I've seen a handful of nutritionists and dieticians because I was anorexic and borderline anorexic for about 4 years (I was 95 pounds, on a 5'7" frame) :noway: . Your body needs the fuel!!! Especially when you are working out that hard!! I promise girl! :bigsmile:

I do agree with the strict diet. I eat lots of veggies, 2 servings of fruit/day, whole wheats, lean meats, good nuts, no soda, no processed/frozen meals or anything with large amounts of sodium (if i can help it), and lots and lots of water. I don't drink alcohol or coffee, and I try to avoid sugar. And somedays I just eat what I want to, but in moderation without going over my calories. But, going under 1200 calories is not good for your body. I also work out a lot. I do strict cardio workouts 3 days a week (45-60 minutes) and I do cardio (30-40 minutes) combined with Strength Training (40-50 minutes) 3 days a week. I know that my body definitely needs more than 1200 calories if it is going to function properly.

I typically do not eat my exercise calories, but it doesn't hurt if you eat some of them. :happy: I am constantly listening to my body and when my body is telling me that it needs more in order to recover from a 60 minute session of cardio strength training, then I will eat something healthy so that my body CAN recover. Listening to what your body needs takes practice and discipline, but it can be done.

I know that weight loss can be achieved by eating extremely small amounts of calories, but it creates danger in your body's ability to function properly, as well as to keep the weight off for good. Food is not the enemy, it is the fuel. However, we can choose to let it become an enemy or we can choose to let it be our fuel to be energized & active.

Sorry for my little rant....:yawn:....but I don't want anyone to think that eating that low of calories is good for your body, unless you talk to your doctor. I have lost 1 pound per week for the last 11 weeks, so I know that if you eat you can still lose weight. Don't risk your health for the quest to be thin. Do it the healthy way! I promise you will feel good, even if it takes a little longer. :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    Options
    well said Dawna! :bigsmile:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Thanks nolachick! I just want my girls in 10-in-9 to be healthy & happy!!! :happy:
  • kgrutch
    Options
    thanks for the advice but i feel like i am being very healthy. even people at work are always saying, you eat nonstop, how are you losing weight. by making the right choices, i am eating a lot of food, frequently, still being able to have a lot of energy for exercise, full time job, 3 kids and a husband. my goal is 1200 cals/day but i am having to often force myself to get those last 100-200 in because i am eating all day long and do not want to eat something at 9pm when i am not hungry just to get the calories in. my body is not in the starvation mode otherwise i would not be losing, in that scenario, you stop losing bacause your body saves the calories in case it wont get more calories later. i have been in close contact with a nutritionist and feel that is a healthy plan. by the way 1200 cal/day is what this website also recommends.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    thanks for the advice but i feel like i am being very healthy. even people at work are always saying, you eat nonstop, how are you losing weight. by making the right choices, i am eating a lot of food, frequently, still being able to have a lot of energy for exercise, full time job, 3 kids and a husband. my goal is 1200 cals/day but i am having to often force myself to get those last 100-200 in because i am eating all day long and do not want to eat something at 9pm when i am not hungry just to get the calories in. my body is not in the starvation mode otherwise i would not be losing, in that scenario, you stop losing bacause your body saves the calories in case it wont get more calories later. i have been in close contact with a nutritionist and feel that is a healthy plan. by the way 1200 cal/day is what this website also recommends.

Thats great seeing a nutritionist is working for you! And I said anything under 1200 calories was unhealthy, unless of course our doctor recommends it. Only because you mentioned you ate between 1100-1200. So, if 1100-1200 calories is working for you and goes with what your nutritionist is saying-- good job! I just didn't want anyone on here to think that eating less than 1200 was okay without seeing a doctor or a nutritionist first.

BTW, great job on your weight loss, and for eating healthier foods!
  • kgrutch
    Options
    thanks, i am trying to make a ticker and not sure if i know how to do it, i am just trying
    286364.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    any suggestions on low calorie, but filling snacks? I'm getting kinda bored with my usual.

Also, I got on the scale today and read 150.6. Are you kidding me? I haven't seen a number that fabulous since I was 16. 140's here I come:bigsmile:
  • kgrutch
    Options
    a couple of my favorite snacks are 1/2 diced apple in 4oz cottage cheese 2%, laughing cow cheese on rye crisp crackers, 3 egg whites scrambled with laughing cow cheese, hot sauce on a josephs pita (yes i use that one for a filling snack, eggs are not just for breakfast anymore, lol), homemade vegetable soup (i always keep a container in my fridge, a great way to extra veggies in with sooo much flavor, i make mine spicy hot)
  • nolachick
    Options
    HAD A WONDERFUL WORKOUT YESTERDAY!

Did body pump for 45 mins, 15mins abs, 20 mins walking on the elliptical.

I had so much energy when I got home it took me a WHILE before I could fall asleep.

Today is Cardio Kick. Can't wait!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Patty, how did that roasted chicken turn out for ya?
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am so stocked this morning to, we just bought some bikes and picked them up yesterday!!! Super excited to get out there and ride, I am getting used to the spinning classes but i'm still the ALL ALASKA GIRL even living in cali so I just love being outside. Can't wait to go exploring my neighborhood, wish you ladies lived closer to go with me and keep me company
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies glad to see you are all kicking butt :flowerforyou: . Me on the other hand I have totally lost motivation I haven't exercised in 6 days but I was a little shocked when i stepped on the scale today I was down 1.6 lbs in 5 days :noway: WTH. Go figure I bust my butt and nothing then do nothing and lose. Im so confused . Hopefully my stress level will reduce and ill get back on track .

Have a great day girlies :drinker:
  • nolachick
    Options
    Shera : I hope u enjoy ur bike. My bf and I are thinking of getting one to ride around on wkends too!
    Jocelyn: That's actually great that you lost, should inspire u to get up and work some more. Don't worry we all have bad days but as long as u stick to good eating, u should be ok. Just keep on trying.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    I love the positive attitudes today!! horray! I am SO glad you are all doing well, and getting motivated! I hope you are all seeing results, even if its not necessarily on the scale. I hope you are happier, more confident, and feeling some wiggle room in those jeans!!! :happy: I know I am!

Today was great, I had the day off and there wasn't much to be done around the house, so I made it a "workout day". I went running this morning, and I ended up running for 5 miles in less than an hour! I was cruisin! It felt great afterwards! This afternoon I kind of got bored, since I don't have cable or any TV stations for that matter, and did Turbo Kick. Then tonight, my husband had a meeting and so I went to the gym and did my Cardio Pump class. I burned a TON of calories today, but I'm going to make sure I don't do that again for a while. I thought maybe if I did a lot and then was able to consume quite a few more calories, then my body would get confused. I like confusing my body and doing new things, I think it has helped in my weight loss.

Have a great night and morning!!! And Shera...I agree-- I wish all of ya'll were closer so we could all workout together!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    had a great cardio kick class last night. We each had our own punching bags - talk about taking ur stress out! I think I will invest in gloves cuz the ones at the gym smelled. eww sorry for the TMI. lol but I really liked it. only thing is she made us do 3 mins star8 of jumping rope - :noway: I kept getting stuck need to find a new rhythm or pace to it.

After that my bf cooked a delicious healthy dinner and I thoroughly enjoyed it cuz I knew I had burnt off all the cals and then some.

Today, I'm going to give spinning another try. The last instructor was not very good, hoping today's one is better!

Anyone heard from Patty?
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    a couple of my favorite snacks are 1/2 diced apple in 4oz cottage cheese 2%, laughing cow cheese on rye crisp crackers, 3 egg whites scrambled with laughing cow cheese, hot sauce on a josephs pita (yes i use that one for a filling snack, eggs are not just for breakfast anymore, lol), homemade vegetable soup (i always keep a container in my fridge, a great way to extra veggies in with sooo much flavor, i make mine spicy hot)

Thanks for the great ideas! :bigsmile:

Good job with exercising everyone! Cardio and abs this afternoon for me.