Ladies, would you date someone shorter than you?

Options

Replies

• pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Nope, the attraction just isn't there for me. I'm 5'10, and that rules out a TON of potential dates. Oh well, current bf is 6'5 and it's nice to feel small in comparison
  • poutyp11
    poutyp11 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am six feet even.....so most guys are shorter than me. I have actually never dated a man taller than me....a few the same height...but never taller. My husband is only 5'10 and I say if it doesn't bother the man then I'm not worried about it. I have always been self conscious of my height....but now I just own it :-)
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Shorter people live longer. Our organs are closer together and don't have to work as hard.

First two girls I dated in HS were taller, though I was 4'10" at the time and one was 5'6", the other around 5'9".

Then I went on one date with a volleyball girl in college. She was 6'5" and I was 5'10" (I am 5'8 now darnit!). She wore heels on our date and it made her like 6'8". I barely cleared her nipples. Making out with her was different. But, we are all the same height when horizontal, right?
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Women usually want to be able to feel small, feminie and protected.
    Not all of us, I want to feel small, powerful and protective, because I am. :bigsmile:

To the OP, I'd much rather date someone short and fit who cares about their health than someone tall and fat.
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    Well I am short at 5'1, but I tried to date a guy that was an inch or so shorter than me and it was NOT good, I hated it! I ended up marrying a short man @ 5'8 and we are a perfect match, In every way ;-)
  • mindfulone
    mindfulone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not only did I date a shorter guy and typically I dated men that were 6'2 and above my husband it like 5'6 and I am 5'9 yes I know and I still wear my heels and he has not one problem with that he loves walking besides me and I DONT EVEN NOTICE THE WAY I USED TO... BUT EVERY ONE CANT LOOK PAST HEIGHT I GOT LUCKY AND MARRIED A GOOD MAN!!! THAT IS WHAT I SAW
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    No but I am 4'11"
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have.
    And I was totally ga-ga over him.
    Too bad he let his height dictate his attitude.

I got so fed up with him constantly trying to prove himself.
    Ultimately as long as you are comfortable with something, people will be too.
    If you have a problem being shorter than her, it will cause friction.
  • Zephy_Devil
    Options
    I'm nearly 5'10 and in heels I'm part giant lol but my BF is about 5'8'' and I love it!
    While my preference is to date someone taller (you automatically assume being tall is not only superior but also has the ability to make you feel safe and guided) I wouldnt have it any other way right now.
    Good things come in small packages and oh how this is right :)
  • ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I prefer shorter guys ;)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I am more attracted to men taller than me, although I wouldn't rule someone out just because of their height, especially if I really liked them.

When I was younger I was seeing someone shorter than me (although we were 14 and he wasn't fully grown yet lol) He was quite a few inches shorter than me, and friends used to make jokes about it. We only saw each other for a couple of months, but he's around 6ft now. Although, I realise with adults they're not really going to grow any more!
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love guys that are shorter than me... I do find that shorter guys are more hesitant to approach me so I have to be more flirtatious with them. I am 5'8" so it does limit who approaches me...

I've found that too - like guys are intimidated to approach a girl taller. So silly! If you confident, what does your height matter?
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My wife is 5'11", I am 5'8".
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Depends. the short guys I dated gave me attitude when I wore heels, and had a chip on thier shoulder about it. But if a guy is confident and the attitude is right, the height doesn't matter in the long run.
  • shaylobo
    shaylobo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and at least two inches taller than my husband. I never even notice the height difference. :smile:
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I've dated a few guys who are shorter than I am. I would have to say my preference is for guys my height or a bit taller, but if I met a great guy who was a couple of inches shorter and I was attracted to him then his height wouldn't stop me from dating him. My husband is exactly my height so when I wear heels (which, granted, is rare) he's definitely shorter. He doesn't care though and neither do I. Personally I don't prefer super-tall guys, just someone close to my height - easier to kiss that way!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have before and yes I would...as long they're not TOO much shorter than me. I'm only 5'5.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    No, I'd prefer not to date someone shorter than I am, but I'm only 5'3", so it's unusual...the only woman I've ever dated who has been shorter than me was 5 feet tall. I prefer my women somewhere around 5'8" to 6', but my current girlfriend is only 5'4" and it hasn't been a problem.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Tanyawhite30 Posts: 473
    Options
    I dated a midget once....
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    as long as he's jacked.